XY Mega Evolution: Mega Pokémon & Info

RE: Mega Evolution: All Mega Pokémon & Info

Chronus MSEA said:
zappy800 said:
Not to mention they haven't even told us when we get Charmander.

The kanto starter is obtainable from the professor

I said when not who. I know you get them from Sycamore but for all we know it is post game.

^Nope... That bit is confirmed. We get the Kanto starter when we first meet the Professor which happens when we arrive in Lumiose City. So, we get them somewhat early as Lumiose seems to be the third city/town we get to visit...

nightkeeper said:
My one complaint is regarding MewtwoX's ability, Steadfast. Didn't really see that coming... There are several abilities that would suit him more effectively.
Steadfast... yeah... Insomnia on Mewtwo Y is pretty bad, but at least it comes with one useful trait (immunity to Darkrai's Dark Void. Would have prefered Magic Bounce; immunity to Sleep AND every other status and effect)... but Steadfast? Mewtwo is currently tied for sixth highest Base Speed in the game; barring a massive speed loss, or an introduction of many faster Pokemon with (currently unpopular) flinching moves, how often will Mewtwo X fear being Flinched? Or, being as fast as it is, benefit from the Speed boost that would come from flinching?

It's not very useful, but giving Mega Mewtwo X a better ability would make it even more powerful than it already is. At least it won't flinch from Fake Out, which still goes first.

scattered mind said:
They can simply make the mega stone imune to all of those moves..

I feel like this is something gf will end up doing. Mega evos are a huge part of the game. I doubt one would be able to simply loose their stone from a skill. I can see skills that prevent items from working apply though.

Reggie McGigas said:
Ohman177 said:
This is something I was wondering about and posted about a while ago. The conclusion I've come to is that knock off will be an amazing counter only if you can use it before the pokemon Mega Evolves. Considering the fact that they retain their form even after being switched, I don't think losing the stone would matter since they're already in it and don't really need it. Thus, any pokemon with a high speed and a move like knock off will be a very valuable starter. Moves like those might even become the new "must-have" for scouts.

Counter to knock off- protect, then mega evolve.

Also does anyone find it funny that Mega Kangaskhan was leaked months ago yet hasn't been officially revealed

Same thing with Orrotto(I know not a mega evo)

Metalizard said:
^Nope... That bit is confirmed. We get the Kanto starter when we first meet the Professor which happens when we arrive in Lumiose City. So, we get them somewhat early as Lumiose seems to be the third city/town we get to visit...

Where is it confirmed?

zappy800 said:
Metalizard said:

Where is it confirmed?
It's confirmed on the offcial pokemon site as well as the newest pokemon direct video :D

What would be the megastone for garchomp. That's gonna be a though one to pronounce.

I assume it will stick to the same concept as the rest, Garchompnite. It doesn't sound difficult to pronounce for me, but that might be because I'm used to several different languages.

Drohn said:
I assume it will stick to the same concept as the rest, Garchompnite. It doesn't sound difficult to pronounce for me, but that might be because I'm used to several different languages.

Maybe it's just me then. I cant seem to pronounce it without difficulty

I wonder if there is going to be another way to mega evolve? like the environment has something to help with it, such as wormadam mega evolves in his environments that it evolves in?

I doubt that, it would make those mega evolutions impossible to use in online and wireless battles because you aren't in those areas. It is not something nintendo would do, they know they will get a lot of critical reactions.

They might implement self-mega evolving (no megastones) wild pokemon in certain areas, if you meant that. If you would catch you would just get the normal pokemon. It would be a cool gimmick, but weird, like Ghetsis' underleveled pokemon.

Confirmed by Pokemon Smash that each trainer can have at least one mega while in battle and you can mega evolve and then attack on the same turn

Lanturnman said:
I doubt that, it would make those mega evolutions impossible to use in online and wireless battles because you aren't in those areas. It is not something nintendo would do, they know they will get a lot of critical reactions.

They might implement self-mega evolving (no megastones) wild pokemon in certain areas, if you meant that. If you would catch you would just get the normal pokemon. It would be a cool gimmick, but weird, like Ghetsis' underleveled pokemon.

Well, what if you can pick the area you want to fight in online battles, There is still a lot of information that is still to be released :). The only reason I stated that, was because when I read about the mega evolution, I got out that mega stones was one of the ways to mega evolve ;)

What happans if my opponent uses Protect while I am trying to Mega evolve and attack ?
Do you think it will cancel the Mega evolution and the attack or the attack only ?
Also, once my Pokemon Mega evolves, can I return it back to its original form in the same battle ? ( for example if I now need its other ability)

scattered mind said:
What happans if my opponent uses Protect while I am trying to Mega evolve and attack ?
Do you think it will cancel the Mega evolution and the attack or the attack only ?
Also, once my Pokemon Mega evolves, can I return it back to its original form in the same battle ? ( for example if I now need its other ability)

The protect part is rather obvious. It will only cancel the attack. But the point you make about reverting is a good one. I wonder if you can.

So there are more version exclusives than just Mewtwo X and Mewtwo Y. I noticed that so far only two of the Pokémon X exclusives ones have types changes. Will Pokémon in Y not have this?

Drohn said:
So there are more version exclusives than just Mewtwo X and Mewtwo Y. I noticed that so far only two of the Pokémon X exclusives ones have types changes. Will Pokémon in Y not have this?

Unless Mega Ampharos is a version exclusive Mega, there's still that.
I doubt we'll be seeing more than Mewtwo and some starters (all starters?) getting two forms. Seems like overkill to me o_O
A small part of me also is starting to worry if this growing number of Megas means less regular new Pokemon. It doesn't make much sense given that you can only have one Mega on your team...

Back