XY Mega Evolution: Mega Pokémon & Info

Drohn

Wild War Dance
2ufvymh.png
This thread is to explain what Mega Evolution is and how it can be used. It will also give a clear overview of which Mega Pokémon are available and the changes each Mega Pokémon goes through when Mega Evolving.

Mega Evolution lets certain Pokémon go beyond their usual limit. It allows changes in stats, abilities, and to the Pokémon’s type!

There are several requirements that have to be met before a Pokémon can access their newfound strength. One of the requirements is that it must be holding a specific Mega Stone. For example, Lucario must be holding “Lucarionite”, its stone, in order to evolve. Mega Stones are found throughout the Kalos region or are given through events. Another requirement is the Mega Ring, which is a bracelet that has to be worn by the trainer (why they call a bracelet a Mega Ring is one of the many mysteries of Pokémon). If both requirements are met the Mega Ring and Mega Stone can resonate, which will trigger Mega Evolution. For this to happen it is said that a strong bond between the Pokémon and its trainer is a key factor.

How do you feel about the concept of Mega Evolution and the variety of Mega Pokémon? Share your views here!

Mega PokémonInfoStat ChangesMega Stone
Mega Mewtwo X
Mega_MewtwoX-X-and-Y.png
Type:
Psychic/Fighting

Ability:
Steadfast

Height/Weight:
7’07” / 280.0 lbs.

Increased
+ Attack

Decreased
-

Mewtwonite X
Received automatically when capturing Mewtwo.

Pokémon X exclusive.
Mega Mewtwo Y
Mega_Mewtwo-X-and-Y.png
Type:
Psychic

Ability:
Insomnia

Height/Weight:
4’11” / 72.8 lbs.

Increased
+ Special Attack

Decreased
-

Mewtwonite Y
Received automatically when capturing Mewtwo.
Pokémon Y exclusive.
Mega Kangaskhan
XY
Type:
???

Ability:
Parental Bond

Height/Weight:
??? / ??? lbs.

Increased
+

Decreased
-

Mega Stone
Can be found in the Glittering Cave. Take the first right. The stone will be right in front of you.
Mega Garchomp
Mega_Garchomp-X-and-Y.png
Type:
Dragon/Ground

Ability:
Sand Force

Height/Weight:
6’03” / 209.4 lbs.

Increased
+ Attack
+ Special Attack

Decreased
- Speed

Mega Stone
Can be found in Victory Road. You probably passed by a lighthouse shaped tower near the end. It's in front of the tower (Rock Smash required).
Mega Venusaur
Mega_Venusaur-X-and-Y.png
Type:
Grass/Poison

Ability:
Thick Fat

Height/Weight:
7’10” / 342.8 lbs.

Increased
+ Defense
+ Special Defense

Decreased
-

Mega Stone
Given to you from Sycamore at his lab (If you picked Bulbasaur).
Can be bought from Luminoise City Pokémart.
Mega Charizard X
Mega_Charizard_X-X-and-Y.jpg
Type:
Fire/Dragon

Ability:
Tough Claws

Height/Weight:
5’07” / 243.6 lbs.

Increased
+ Attack

Decreased
-

STONE
Given to you from Sycamore at his lab (If you picked Charmander).
Mega Charizard Y
Mega_Charizard-X-and-Y.png
Type:
Fire/Flying

Ability:
Drought

Height/Weight:
5’07” / 221.6 lbs.

Increased
+ Special Attack

Decreased
-

Mega Stone
Given to you from Sycamore at his lab (If you picked Charmander).
Mega Blastoise
Mega_Blastoise-X-and-Y.png
Type:
Water

Ability:
Mega Launcher

Height/Weight:
5’03” / 222.9 lbs.

Increased
+

Decreased
-

Mega Stone
Given to you from Sycamore at his lab (If you picked Squirtle).
Mega Ampharos
Mega_Ampharos-X-and-Y.png
Type:
Electric/Dragon

Ability:
Mold Breaker

Height/Weight:
4’07” / 135.6 lbs.

Increased
+

Decreased
-

Mega Stone
On the way to Sea Spirit Den (surfing north in Azure Bay) you come across a small Island with a fisherman. Talk to him and he will give you the Mega Stone.
Mega Gengar
XY
Type:
Ghost/Poison

Ability:
Shadow Tag

Height/Weight:
??? / ??? lbs.

Increased
+ Special Attack
+
Decreased
-
-
Mega Stone
Given to you by lady in Laverre City.
Mega Absol
Mega_Absol-X-and-Y.png
Type:
Dark

Ability:
Magic Bounce

Height/Weight:
3’11” / 108.0 lbs.

Increased
+ Attack
+ Speed

Decreased
-

Mega Stone
Given by the rival after beating him/her in Kiloude City. You have to win one battle in the Battle Maison before you can battle your rival.
Mega Mawile
Mega_Mawile-X-and-Y.png
Type:
Steel/Fairy

Ability:
Huge Power

Height/Weight:
3’03” / 51.8 lbs.

Increased
+ Defense
+ Special Defense

Decreased
-

Mega Stone
Inside Shabboneau Castle, go upstairs. The stone will be right above the stairs on the left.
Mega Lucario
Mega_Lucario-X-and-Y.png
Type:
Fighting/Steel

Ability:
Adaptability

Height/Weight:
4’03” / 126.8 lbs.

Increased
+ Attack

Decreased
-

Lucarionite
Held by the Lucario that joins your team in the Tower of Mastery. Originally owned by Korrina, the Gym Leader.
Mega Blaziken
Mega_Blaziken-X-and-Y.png
Type:
Fire/Fighting

Ability:
Speed Boost

Height/Weight:
6’03” / 114.6 lbs.

Increased
+ Attack

Decreased
-

Blazikenite
Can be obtained from a Nintendo distributed Torchic event (held item).
Start date: October 12th
End date: January 15th
Mega Alakazam
XY
Type:
Psychic

Ability:

Height/Weight:
/ lbs.

Increased
+
+
Decreased
-
-
Mega Stone
Can be found in Reflecting Cave. Go to the third floor. Head to the back of the room, and you'll see a hidden doorway reflecting off the mirror. Go through this little passage (you can find Gyro Ball in here), and come out the other side. Head left to the light shining down. The stone will be in the middle of the light.

Mega Banette
XY
Type:
Ghost

Ability:

Height/Weight:
/ lbs.

Increased
+
+
Decreased
-
-
Mega Stone
Can be found in the top of the Chamber of Emptiness, bottom of Route 22.
Mega Aggron
XY
Type:
Steel

Ability:
Filter

Height/Weight:
??? / ?? lbs.

Increased
+
+
Decreased
-
-
Mega Stone
Can be found in the Cyllage Gym (second gym). Climb the first wall, then go right, and climb the next wall. The stone will be in the corner.
Mega Tyranitar
XY
Type:
Rock/Dark

Ability:
Sand Stream

Height/Weight:
/ lbs.

Increased
+
+
Decreased
-
-
Mega Stone
Can be found in the Cyllage Gym (second gym). Climb the first wall, then go right, and climb the next wall. The stone will be in the corner.
Mega Gyarados
XY
Type:
Water/Dark

Ability:
Moxie

Height/Weight:
/ lbs.

Increased
+
+
Decreased
-
-
Mega Stone
Can be found in Couriway Town, there is an area of small waterfalls. In front of one waterfall is the stone.
Mega Heracross
XY
Type:
Bug/Fighting

Ability:

Height/Weight:
/ lbs.

Increased
+
+
Decreased
-
-
Mega Stone
Can be found in Santalune Forest (enter from where you first enter the forest). Go up, following the double layered grass to the left until the camera angle changes. You'll see the stone in the grass.
Mega Pinsir
XY
Type:
Bug

Ability:

Height/Weight:
/ lbs.

Increased
+
+
Decreased
-
-
Mega Stone
Can be found in Santalune Forest (enter from where you first enter the forest). Go up, following the double layered grass to the left until the camera angle changes. You'll see the stone in the grass.
Mega Houndoom
XY
Type:
Fire/Dark

Ability:

Height/Weight:
/ lbs.

Increased
+
+
Decreased
-
-
Mega Stone
Can be found in Route 16, you'll see skaters circling around a rock. Below the rock is the stone. Exclusive to Pokémon Y. In Pokémon X you can find Manatric's Mega Stone instead.
Mega Manetric
XY
Type:
Electric

Ability:

Height/Weight:
/ lbs.

Increased
+
+
Decreased
-
-
Mega Stone
Can be found in Route 16, you'll see skaters circling around a rock. Below the rock is the stone. Exclusive to Pokémon X. In Pokémon Y you can find Houndoom's Mega Stone instead.
Mega Medicham
XY
Type:

Ability:

Height/Weight:
/ lbs.

Increased
+
+
Decreased
-
-
Mega Stone
Can be found in Lavarre City, in front of the well.
Mega Gardevoir
XY
Type:

Ability:

Height/Weight:
/ lbs.

Increased
+
+
Decreased
-
-
Mega Stone
Given to you by Dianthia at a Luminoise City Cafe. It is being held by a Ralts she trades to you.
Mega Scizor
XY
Type:

Ability:

Height/Weight:
/ lbs.

Increased
+
+
Decreased
-
-
Mega Stone
Remember that Abomasnow that gave you its mega stone? Scizor's is right behind that Abomasnow. Might be hard to see.
Mega Aerodactyl
XY
Type:

Ability:

Height/Weight:
/ lbs.

Increased
+
+
Decreased
-
-
Mega Stone
In the Fossil Lab in Ambrette Town.

[private]Don't edit this code; it's for easy Copy/Pasting when adding new Mega Pokémon!
Code:
[tr]
[td][CENTER][b]
[/b][img]http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/images/XY/
[/img][/CENTER][/td]
[td]
[b]Type[/b]:
TYPE

[b]Ability[/b]: 
ABILITY

[b]Height[/b]/[b]Weight[/b]:
#’#” / ## lbs.
[/td][td]
[b]Increased[/b]
+
+
[b]Decreased[/b]
-
-
[/td][td][b]Mega Stone[/b]
Can be found ...
[/td]
[/tr]
[/private]

RE: Mega Evolution: All Mega Pokémon & Info

Oh sweet this will be really useful thanks Drohn.

Nice idea! I especially appreciate the Increased-Decreased section!

The special Torchic event lasts for three months, till January 15th.

Really curious how Mega Mewtwo X will play out, being a physical version of one of the best Special attackers in the game. It makes me wonder if Mewtwo will get another Signature Move, this time one more Physically inclined--maybe a reverse Psystrike, that relies on the Physical stat and hits Special Defense?

Still really want to know if the stat changes mentioned are the only stats to see changes, or if they'll all see some sort of change. Either way, I can see both Mewtwo forms easily joining the Kyurem forms at the 700 BST level, or even going higher and matching Arceus at 720... unless of course they just deplete one of his attacking stats and add the deduction to the other... though they haven't said that's gonna happen, it would seem to make a bit of sense to do that...

Also, am I the only one just a little annoyed that Mewtwo Y is a single type, while Mewtwo X is a dual-type? Makes them seem as oddly one-sided as Gardevoir and Gallade--well, before this generation changed that anyways.

Lastly... a couple of small things to nitpick at...

Why is the 'Khan' in Kangaskhan have its 'K' capitalized... and why is its Evo Stone currently labeled 'STONE' instead of the generic 'Mega Stone' on every other Pokemon...

Shouldn't you note that Mewtwo's Mega Stones can be found only in a specific version, and that the Kanto starter Mega Stones are given to you by Sycamore when you aquire the attributed Pokemon from him?

J.D. said:
Really curious how Mega Mewtwo X will play out, being a physical version of one of the best Special attackers in the game. It makes me wonder if Mewtwo will get another Signature Move, this time one more Physically inclined--maybe a reverse Psystrike, that relies on the Physical stat and hits Special Defense?
In one of the trailers I saw Mewtwo performing some type of Kick attack. Since the animations are being altered, it might just be an old attack, but it could also be a new or signature move.
J.D. said:
Still really want to know if the stat changes mentioned are the only stats to see changes, or if they'll all see some sort of change.
I'm not sure. If official information is released I will update the other stats too!
J.D. said:
Also, am I the only one just a little annoyed that Mewtwo Y is a single type, while Mewtwo X is a dual-type? Makes them seem as oddly one-sided as Gardevoir and Gallade--well, before this generation changed that anyways.
I was also hoping for it to be a Dual-type. I would prefer Psychic/Dark or Psychic/Fairy. These types could be seen as "opposites" in some cases.

J.D. said:
Lastly... a couple of small things to nitpick at...

Why is the 'Khan' in Kangaskhan have its 'K' capitalized... and why is its Evo Stone currently labeled 'STONE' instead of the generic 'Mega Stone' on every other Pokemon...

Shouldn't you note that Mewtwo's Mega Stones can be found only in a specific version, and that the Kanto starter Mega Stones are given to you by Sycamore when you aquire the attributed Pokemon from him?

Thank you for pointing that out! I updated the table. :)

I hope to see some mega stones in post game. This will give me more things to do after the story ends
Its intersting to see what will happen to the pokemon that will have mega evo
If for example scizor will gain mega evolution I wonder if it will be better to use mega stone over his well known used item choise band
Or gliscor - mega evolution or the cool combo of poison heal and toxic orb

J.D. said:
...and that the Kanto starter Mega Stones are given to you by Sycamore when you aquire the attributed Pokemon from him?

Is that part officially confirmed?
I theorized that myself some time ago when we first knew that the Kanto starters were given in-game, but I never actually read anything that confirmed that bit... Where does it show that?

What about Knock Off? The ultimate move to counter any Mega Pokémon?

Pokequaza said:

That's actually a very good point.

I'm more wondering about how it would work if it was used on a Pokemon that had already Mega Evolved.
Would it stay Mega Evolved, or simply revert back to it's original form?

P.DelSlayer said:
Pokequaza said:

I'm more wondering about how it would work if it was used on a Pokemon that had already Mega Evolved.

This is something I was wondering about and posted about a while ago. The conclusion I've come to is that knock off will be an amazing counter only if you can use it before the pokemon Mega Evolves. Considering the fact that they retain their form even after being switched, I don't think losing the stone would matter since they're already in it and don't really need it. Thus, any pokemon with a high speed and a move like knock off will be a very valuable starter. Moves like those might even become the new "must-have" for scouts.

Ohman177 said:
P.DelSlayer said:

This is something I was wondering about and posted about a while ago. The conclusion I've come to is that knock off will be an amazing counter only if you can use it before the pokemon Mega Evolves. Considering the fact that they retain their form even after being switched, I don't think losing the stone would matter since they're already in it and don't really need it. Thus, any pokemon with a high speed and a move like knock off will be a very valuable starter. Moves like those might even become the new "must-have" for scouts.

Counter to knock off- protect, then mega evolve.

Also does anyone find it funny that Mega Kangaskhan was leaked months ago yet hasn't been officially revealed

Reggie McGigas said:
Ohman177 said:

Counter to knock off- protect, then mega evolve.

Also does anyone find it funny that Mega Kangaskhan was leaked months ago yet hasn't been officially revealed

Mega pokemon forces leads to have knock off type move which forces mega to have protect. It's like an Evolutionary Arms Race in pokemon.

Didn't someone say that if a moves misses while you're in Mega Form, you'd revert back to your original state?

Yay, a list for all things mega! I'm guessing there'll be about.....20-50 mega evolutions.
Maybe it'd be around 35. That seems to be the logical number.

Metalizard said:
J.D. said:
...and that the Kanto starter Mega Stones are given to you by Sycamore when you aquire the attributed Pokemon from him?

I theorized that myself some time ago when we first knew that the Kanto starters were given in-game, but I never actually read anything that confirmed that bit... Where does it show that?
Hmm... now that you mention it, I suppose they never did actually say specifically where you obtain the Kanto starter's Mega Stones. Being held by their respective Pokemon seems like a safe bet, but yeah, I guess they never actually said where, when or how you get them, did they?

P.DelSlayer said:
Pokequaza said:

If the Stone is required to Mega Evolve, why wouldn't it revert back to normal if it lost the Mega Stone? Makes plenty of sense to me...

This concept of loosing the Mega Stone item only makes me more curious: what about other item removal abilities? What about Thief or Switcheroo, or the Pickpocket ability, or Fling? Plus, don't Pokemon permanently loose their items when using some of these moves? What happens to your Mega Stone then (particularly the rare ones, like Blazikenite)?

Drohn said:
J.D. said:
In one of the trailers I saw Mewtwo performing some type of Kick attack. Since the animations are being altered, it might just be an old attack, but it could also be a new or signature move.
Hmm... could it be a... Psy-kick? :p

J.D. said:
Metalizard said:
Hmm... now that you mention it, I suppose they never did actually say specifically where you obtain the Kanto starter's Mega Evolution. Being held by their respective Pokemon seems like a safe bet, but yeah, I guess they never actually said where, when or how you get them, did they?
Not to mention they haven't even told us when we get Charmander.

They can simply make the mega stone imune to all of those moves..

J.D. said:
If the Stone is required to Mega Evolve, why wouldn't it revert back to normal if it lost the Mega Stone? Makes plenty of sense to me...

This concept of loosing the Mega Stone item only makes me more curious: what about other item removal abilities? What about Thief or Switcheroo, or the Pickpocket ability, or Fling? Plus, don't Pokemon permanently loose their items when using some of these moves? What happens to your Mega Stone then (particularly the rare ones, like Blazikenite)?

If the stones are only needed to evolve, then it would make sense that once they loose their stones it wouldn't immediatly revert them back to their original form. It depends on whether they need the Mega Stones in order to just evolve, or to retain their Mega Form as well.

As far as I'm aware you don't loose your item when the opponent uses moves like Knock Off, Thief, Trick, etc. The loss is just for the duration of the battle. However if YOU use Fling with a Mega Stone, the item is gone, I think, I'm not sure about Trick though.

zappy800 said:
J.D. said:
Hmm... now that you mention it, I suppose they never did actually say specifically where you obtain the Kanto starter's Mega Evolution. Being held by their respective Pokemon seems like a safe bet, but yeah, I guess they never actually said where, when or how you get them, did they?
Not to mention they haven't even told us when we get Charmander.

The kanto starter is obtainable from the professor

J.D. said:
Still really want to know if the stat changes mentioned are the only stats to see changes, or if they'll all see some sort of change.

I am hoping some more stats will be changed. For example, I doubt MegaBlastoise and MegaAmpharos will simply gain a new ability upon evolution... And I could have sworn I saw somewhere that MegaCharizard flies better now than before. Wouldn't we likely see an increase in speed?

My one complaint is regarding MewtwoX's ability, Steadfast. Didn't really see that coming... There are several abilities that would suit him more effectively.

EDIT: Forgot to include that Ampharos gains a secondary type. Still, he should get a special attack boost as well.

Back