XY Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

RE: Mega-Evolved Pokémon: What do you think of the revealed Pokémon and what would you like to see?

P.DelSlayer said:
I also expect all the Psuedo legends to get Megas, since it would be fairer if it wasn't just Garchomp that got one.

Oh man, I never even thought about that. You're right, i'd love to see a Mega Pseudo Legendary from each generation; Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence or Metagross and Hydreigon.

Mega Tyranitar would be damn fine.

RE: Mega-Evolved Pokémon: What do you think of the revealed Pokémon and what would you like to see?

It seems the mega forms of Pokémon that are already strong might end up with more downsides to them.

Fee said:
It seems the mega forms of Pokémon that are already strong might end up with more downsides to them.

Yeah, I recall reading Mega-Chomps speed gets lowered? I really hope thats true. Nail'em with a 120 BP Fairy move(hoping one exists) and night-night you ugly mutant land shark.

I would like a mega Spiritomb or even better: a evolution for it.
Why? mostly visual appeal reasons. I feel if it evolves it would look like my favorite videogame char: Stan from Okage: Shadow King. Also I have a spiritomb but it is more like a wall or bulky staller and would like to see it in a more offensive speedy form.

Imagine Slaking with a Mega-Evolution where its ability gets replaced with something that isn't considered an hindrance...Insomnia maybe?
Its stats can probably get reworked where its atk and spatk gets a buff but its speed goes down or maybe its def and spdef.

First of all: I LOVE THEIR DESIGNS!!! MegaAbsol and MegaMawile are gorgeous.

BUT I don't know if I'm satisfied with the fact that those pkmns won't have a real evolution anymore... I mean, it's ok if they don't evolve anymore because they are already beautiful...but they are available only during a battle! And if I'm not wrong, we can have only one megaevolution per battle, can't we? If I want to create a team with Mawile for example, it has to be megaevolved to be powerful, so I can't have any other mega evolution such as Absol.

And I don't know what to think about powerful pkmns who get an even more powerful megaevolution...Is it right? Wouldn't it be better if weak full-evolved pkmns got megaevolutions?

Megaevolution for the starters is a cool idea!

Ps: I HOPE that they won't give a megaevolution to pkmns such as Jynx, who need REAL evolutions!

Heavy69Rotation said:
First of all: I LOVE THEIR DESIGNS!!! MegaAbsol and MegaMawile are gorgeous.

BUT I don't know if I'm satisfied with the fact that those pkmns won't have a real evolution anymore... I mean, it's ok if they don't evolve anymore because they are already beautiful...but they are available only during a battle! And if I'm not wrong, we can have only one megaevolution per battle, can't we? If I want to create a team with Mawile for example, it has to be megaevolved to be powerful, so I can't have any other mega evolution such as Absol.

And I don't know what to think about powerful pkmns who get an even more powerful megaevolution...Is it right? Wouldn't it be better if weak full-evolved pkmns got megaevolutions?

Megaevolution for the starters is a cool idea!

Ps: I HOPE that they won't give a megaevolution to pkmns such as Jynx, who need REAL evolutions!

They haven't released any baby pokemon yet. It may be possible that absol mawile and even sableye (hope sableye evolves though) are the final forms. Also, gf could change their stats for this generation.

Sheriff_K said:
J.D. said:
The way I see it, there's no way an unevolved Pokemon is getting a Mega Evo... even one as popular as Pikachu. It's gonna be either Mega Raichu, or nothing...
That was the second part of my prediction though, Mega Evolutions not being limited to final evolutions.

Sort of like using an Eviolite, or having a branching evolution, you'd also have the option to keep them un-evolved to make use of the Mega Evolution. I think it would be really interesting and cool.

It's a nice idea, but the official site already confirmed that you have to evolve Pokémon before they can Mega Evolve.

NoDice said:
Fee said:

Yeah, I recall reading Mega-Chomps speed gets lowered? I really hope thats true. Nail'em with a 120 BP Fairy move(hoping one exists) and night-night you ugly mutant land shark.

It is true. Apparently he gets large increase in Attack and Special attack while his speed goes down "a little". It's on the official website.

Pokemonxy.com said:
When Garchomp becomes Mega Garchomp, the increased energy flows into the Pokémon's arms, turning them into huge blades! Mega Garchomp's Attack and Special Attack both improve greatly, while its Speed goes down a little.

Drohn said:
Sheriff_K said:
That was the second part of my prediction though, Mega Evolutions not being limited to final evolutions.

Sort of like using an Eviolite, or having a branching evolution, you'd also have the option to keep them un-evolved to make use of the Mega Evolution. I think it would be really interesting and cool.

It's a nice idea, but the official site already confirmed that you have to evolve Pokémon before they can Mega Evolve.

Confirmed that where? Here?

pokemonxy.com said:
In the Pokémon series up until now, there has been a limit on how many times each Pokémon could evolve. However, Mega Evolution is a different kind of Evolution, one that surpasses that limit.

Mega Evolution is described as an Evolution beyond all Evolution, a transformation found only in the Kalos region. It has also been called the greatest mystery of Pokémon.

I don't think that quite confirms anything...

Anyway I noticed that MegaMewto X has blue eyes, Mega Mewtwo Y has red eyes and Mewtwo has purple eyes...not sure if anyone mentioned that yet.

It is confirmed here:
Capturadepantalla2013-09-14alas54122PM_zps82a5b915.png

That could mean that only those three Pokémon need to be fully evolved before being able to Mega Evolve, but I'm quite sure it goes for all. Their names say enough; Mega Blaziken, Mega Mewtwo, etc. The Mega Stones also contain the names of the fully evolved forms.

Drohn said:
It is confirmed here:
Capturadepantalla2013-09-14alas54122PM_zps82a5b915.png

That could mean that only those three Pokémon need to be fully evolved before being able to Mega Evolve, but I'm quite sure it goes for all. Their names say enough; Mega Blaziken, Mega Mewtwo, etc. The Mega Stones also contain the names of the fully evolved forms.

I know that the Pokémon thus far have to be fully evolved but I'm not sure that it means that say a two stage Pokémon can never evolve again because they got a mega-evolution. Also that quote does refer to just those three Pokémon since it even mentions them by name.

speed going down "a little" doesn't mean that all of a sudden he hits last all the time. he'll likely still have the speed to nail most first.

FloodBadge said:
Am I the only one who thinks the form change for Giratina should be removed and the 3 should get mega forms?
Dialga with a wolf
Palkia with a bird
Giratina with a snake (updated, more threatening version of the original Origin Form look)

But its already a perfect setup for non-remakes!

Diamond 2 & Pearl 2.
Dialga and Palkia as mascots, with their own interdimensional formes.
No need for a third game cause Giratinas forme and world was covered in Platinum.

Palkias forme would be more fish-like, while Dialgas would be more like one of those freaky earthworm thingies with drilly stuff xD

And have their abilities changed too, not to Levitate, but Swift Swim and Sand Rush (oh my god).

Mitja said:
FloodBadge said:
Am I the only one who thinks the form change for Giratina should be removed and the 3 should get mega forms?
Dialga with a wolf
Palkia with a bird
Giratina with a snake (updated, more threatening version of the original Origin Form look)

Diamond 2 & Pearl 2.
No need for a third game cause Giratinas forme and world was covered in Platinum.

Palkias forme would be more fish-like, while Dialgas would be more like one of those freaky earthworm thingies with drilly stuff xD

And have their abilities changed too, not to Levitate, but Swift Swim and Sand Rush (oh my god).

I chose the bird and wolf because, i swear there was some trio in mythology with a snake, a bird, and a wolf.

FloodBadge said:
Mitja said:

Diamond 2 & Pearl 2.

I chose the bird and wolf because, i swear there was some trio in mythology with a snake, a bird, and a wolf.

I chose fish and earthworm because they're both still quite sleek and serpenty, while fitting with places that hold pearls/diamonds.

Chandelure said:
speed going down "a little" doesn't mean that all of a sudden he hits last all the time. he'll likely still have the speed to nail most first.

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully the website says "a little" just because they don't want it to seem like it gets a huge downside by saying "a lot".

Mega Mawile looks more like proper evolutions, while Mega Blastoise and Mega Mewtwo Y look like form changes.

Mitja said:
FloodBadge said:

I chose fish and earthworm because they're both still quite sleek and serpenty, while fitting with places that hold pearls/diamonds.

And snakes fit where platinum is found? If they suddenly turned into a fish and earthworm, how would Giratina still fit in if he is something that isn't found near platinum? Also, I just now realized that Dialga and Palkia have their typing because of Diamond's unbreakable nature and Pearl's location.

I found this image and people seem to be saying it's a full list of every pokemon with a mega evolution. All of the confirmed so far are on here, and I believe a lot of the previously speculated ones are here as well.

Mega_leak.jpeg

What I don't get about that poster, is why don't any of the 6th gen Pokémon get mega evos?

Back