Minecraft (1.6 Discussion)

RE: MInecraft-Discovering Herobrine (and maybe Isphrael)

-______-

Neither exist. I've had to deal with enough people like you on the Minecraft forums.

I love how so many people that play Minecraft listen about the Herobrine hoax and don't realize it was a hoax because we all assume that every Minecraft player know it's a hoax.

I'm not sure if I made any sense.

I don't see why this can't be merged in with the regular Minecraft thread.

Merging...

Zyflair said:
I love how so many people that play Minecraft listen about the Herobrine hoax and don't realize it was a hoax because we all assume that every Minecraft player know it's a hoax.

I'm not sure if I made any sense.
No, you made perfect sense. Like that one guy in some thread about glitches that thought the truck in RBY was a glitch.

RE: Minecraft

On topic: let's talk about our favorite mods! I just downloaded the new TooManyItems mod for 1.0. You can change between Survival mode and Creative mode at will :eek: (if only I had known that before I salvaged items for The End -__-)

Woah, you can MERGE threads now? Awesome :eek:

ISB said:
On topic: let's talk about our favorite mods!

My favorite mod? I dunno, theres a lot that I like. I'd have to go with CMP, TDL and Daft Single Player Commands and Diamond Finder Compass are the two main ones I use. I would list Optifine, but it doesn't really mess with the gameplay features, only makes the game run faster and stuff.

Yeah, for development stuff I use SPC and TMI.

But for fun mods I use the Clay Soldiers mod. :D

I need to try out the Clay Soldiers mod.
Anyway, right now I don't use alot but for 1.8.1, my favorites were More Creeps and Weirdos and Twilight Forest. Millenaire and Level Up! mods were pretty enjoyable too and add more gameplay features.

i prefer TMI and SIngle Player Commands, but I really want the Moon Mod and Clay Soldiers. But other than that I dont use mods much.

MylesPrower said:
I just began playing Minecraft a few days ago, and I love it! It's so interesting, though I'm having a bit of trouble setting up and getting rid of lag.

Can we set up a Pokebeach server? That'd be awesome :D
A Pokebeach server would be awesome.

mpain0 said:
Have you guys heard about the minecraft copy on ipod, EDEN?

I don't like to use the word COPY everything has Genre's and Minecraft I think is also part of a Genre of videogames Fortresscraft, Eden, TotalMiner, Castleminer, are all part of one big genre of games.... the Build Block Diggy Diggy Hole Genre!!!!

Legend Keeper said:
i prefer TMI and SIngle Player Commands, but I really want the Moon Mod and Clay Soldiers. But other than that I don't use mods much.
I use TMI as well, and I also use the Aether mod also. I really do love the Aether, and I wish Notch could incorporate it into the game.

On a different subject, does anyone know of any good texture packs to use? I can't seem to find one that I like.

Dokucraft is popular. 'SMP's Revival Pack', as used added in the Yogbox (which is win), is also very good. Personally I use an old alpha pack.

Who elses loves the Yogscast?

I use the Okami Texture Pack for my Minecraft. It makes it feel more anime-istic in my opinion.
Link to The texture Pack
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/73974-16x%E2%80%94128x100-okami-texture-pack/
Also they made the fire animated(Changed) in this one. There are a lot of texture packs that I've seen where the fire wasn't changed.

Also, the LB Photo Realism Texture Pack is good for those of you that would like minecraft to look more.. well... Realistic. XD
LInk to texture pack here
http://minecraftsandbox.com/minecraft-texture-packs/lb-photo-realism-texture-pack/

Inconceivable said:
Dokucraft is popular. 'SMP's Revival Pack', as used added in the Yogbox (which is win), is also very good. Personally I use an old alpha pack.

Who elses loves the Yogscast?
A link to DokuCraft: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/513093-10-dokucraft-the-saga-continues-32x/

Yogscast is great, but after watching enough of them, I realized they're not for me.

So I'm just about ready to upgrade my account to premium, after watching all sorts of videos (in particular, paulsoaresjr's tutorial videos). I'm a bit skeptical about the game's performance on my computer, though, as I have integrated graphics.

I've tried the PC Gamer demo, and it seems to perform fairly good with graphics on Fast and fog on anything other than Far (Far is a little laggy, but decent).

However, I dual-boot Windows and Ubuntu, and I'd like to see its performance in the latter (especially considering I don't think my integrated graphics have a driver for Ubuntu). Unfortunately, the PC Gamer demo is Windows-only.

So I'm asking if I can borrow someone's premium account for about five minutes. We'd arrange a time to meet on some form of IM. You'd change your password and other info you need. If it performs especially slow, I might ask for a few more minutes to set up the Optifine mod (it supposedly doubles framerate with its simpler textures).

If I decide to buy it, there's a chance I might be able to host a pseudo-24/7 official PB Minecraft server (the computer running it wouldn't be the best, and I might not even have it [but I do have other reasons to keep a 24/7 computer running, so the chances are decent]).

Edit: Yeah, forget that. My upload speed is something that completely escaped my mind. .5 mbps up is no where near enough, haha. How I wish FiOS or Google Fiber were in my area.

Reviving this since 1.2 was recently released.

-New jungle biome
-Added ocelots
-Added cats
-Added iron golems
-New AI for mobs
-Tame wolves can have puppies
-Villagers will have children if there is room in their village
-New map height limit (256 instead of 128)
-New items and blocks
-Doors have been updated so that double-doors work better with redstone
-Added rare drops for mobs
-Many other minor tweaks and fixes

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pRZQiCCIqiE[/video]

I've got Minecraft, give me the world info and I'll sign on when I can!

By the way, may I mention.....

I HATE GRIEFERS!!

1.2 is great. It added the jungle biome and it is great for building treehouses in. Here is a seed for spawning in a jungle:
JUNGLEHUNT
For those of you who don't know about seeds, you go to More World Options when youre making it and type in the seed at the top.

A cool seed for 1.2 is INDIANA JONES

Spawns you near a village, there's a mountain closeby, and also a jungle close.

Back