TCG Fakes More Pimpin' Fakes (Alola batch 2 added November 14)

RE: More Pimpin' Fakes. (Keldeo, Mantine, Sawsbuck added December 6)

On Keldeo's Poke-Body, I think it should say "Each of your Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion in play gets +30 HP, and their attack cost is {C} less." I suppose either way works but I don't recall where your wording is found on a card.
On the Mantine's Poke-Power, his name is lowercase in one instance.
As for Sawsbuck's Poke-Body? I don't know if I've ever seen an effect like that on a card, but if it were me I would probably say "Whenever Sawsbuck becomes your new Active Pokemon, your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Asleep." I'm not totally sure. I'll need to see if I can find cards with effects like those.

you need to update this thread more often >=O

DNA said:
On Keldeo's Poke-Body, I think it should say "Each of your Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion in play gets +30 HP, and their attack cost is {C} less." I suppose either way works but I don't recall where your wording is found on a card.
On the Mantine's Poke-Power, his name is lowercase in one instance.
As for Sawsbuck's Poke-Body? I don't know if I've ever seen an effect like that on a card, but if it were me I would probably say "Whenever Sawsbuck becomes your new Active Pokemon, your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Asleep." I'm not totally sure. I'll need to see if I can find cards with effects like those.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the term "Defending Pokémon" be used instead, as made evident by Sawsbuck's Horn Leech?

Also, basing the wording off of Azelf MT, Keldeo's Poké-Body could be worded as "Each of your Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion in play gets +30 HP, and the attack cost of each of their attacks is {C} less." The wording DNA appears to incorrectly reference each "Pokémon's attack cost" while Pokémon don't have an attack cost. Their attacks do.

I was actually going based off of Energy Gain...but either way you are correct there; I didn't remember the wording correctly.

As for Sawsbuck? You use "Defending Pokemon" in attack wording; you do NOT use it in Poke-Power/Poke-Body wording.

Energy Gain reads:
As long as Team Galactic's Invention G-101 Energy Gain is attached to a Pokémon, the attack cost of the Pokémon's attacks is {C} less.
You have to refer to the Pokémon's attacks when talking about attack cost.

You don't use "Defending Pokemon" in the Power/Body wording? I thought of Darkrai MD and Blaziken PL concerning Sawsbuck, both of those examples using "Defending Pokémon". Actually, Luxray GL Lv.X is the same. Am I looking at the wrong era of wording?
Nevermind, I realized we're using BW-era wording.

...oh wait, what? Agh, my memory must be failing again. I forgot that Defending Pokemon is used on Poke-Power wording...however, I still do not ever remember seeing it on any Poke-Body wording. I suppose that putting Defending Pokemon or your opponent's Active Pokemon is basically tantamount, and that either way works. I think it just makes more sense to leave the Body the way it is, but that's just me.

And I did concede the point earlier that you were correct about Energy Gain:
I was actually going based off of Energy Gain...but either way you are correct there; I didn't remember the wording correctly.
I actually looked up Energy Gain when writing that post. herp

I like the Keldeo card, I like the use of the holosheet in the card.

RE: More Pimpin' Fakes. (Heatmor added December 16)

My first BW-style fake, made especially for ash ketchup I mean sylar I mean ketchup and mustard (rofl) I mean galefail

Thoughts? I am talking mainly about the placement (wung it using Fliptini as a base), fonts, icons, etc. but will gladly hear other comments.

RE: More Pimpin' Fakes. (Heatmor added December 16)

/me swings in Indiana Jones-style

icwutudidthar...in all 3 instances

For a B/W style fake it's incredibly well-done. There are no wording errors as far as I know, and it's got a fun little effect that lets you snipe from the Bench. Awesome. And that artwork's to die for; fantastic job!

RE: More Pimpin' Fakes. (Galvantula added December 21)

new card because I was all like Gale find some awesome art and I'll make a card out of it

he did

so I did

u mad, prey?

Dat ability.

Steven's Advice on each turn. <3

Zyflair said:
Steven's Advice on each turn. <3
whoa
he's right
:eek:

I'd change the last sentence to say "You can't use this Ability if you have 7 or more cards in your hand." to match Poke-Power-style wording.
also, who's #89?

Wow, I was gonna say stevens advice. I wonder if this would replace magnezone?

Gale is getting into faking and I am teaching him how to use Photoshop. I am building a card along with him. That one is #89.

Also yeah I guess that could work, it's one or the other I guess but I'll change it eventually.

RE: More Pimpin' Fakes. (Terrakion (FA) added December 22)

Okay so here I am ready to go to bed when I see Xous update with some wacky art. I take a look and I get hit with a surge of inspiration. I have to make a card out of it.

So I did.

My first full art piece. I hope I got it right. Let me know what is wrong.

It looks amazing! I especially like the artwork. ;) The one thing I see that's a little off is the holo foil patterns. It looks really blurry, like you resized it or something?

Nice Terrakion FA, bro. Xous' art is perfect for a FA card.

In addition to the blurry holo that dolphinluv mentioned, the outline around the Ability name is slightly yellow...is that on purpose?

Wait, is that Pokedex entry about human skulls real? (I don't know yet; I haven't gotten around to catching it.)

I guess for a full art card it's pretty good, but since it is a full art card, it's destined to suck. (Worst idea ever, TPCi.)

And yeah, why are the words Big Bulk highlighted in yellow? I'm assuming that's an oversight...

Argh, yeah, it's an oversight. I fixed it.

I did resize the holofoil, it's that noticeable, huh? Well, I deleted it and replaced with like 6 copies of the holosheet I do have. Does it look better?

Also no it's not real, I just made it up to make Terrakion sound more BA (he totally looks like he would collect human skulls).

Back