BW/BW2 Moves Pokémon should have, but don't

RE: Moves Pokémon should have but don't.

Xous said:
The one move I always think a Pokémon should learn but doesn't: Mewtwo should learn Nasty Plot. It's said to have the most brutal heart of all Pokémon and would be more than capable of thinking something sinister. (The move's Japanese name is Sinister Plot, so it's not like the English name is something entirely different.) For some reason Mew learns it, and that thing's supposed to be Mewtwo's "lol aren't I cute!?" other half. The only reason I can think they'd not give Mewtwo Nasty Plot is purely from a competitive standpoint - I haven't done calculations or anything to see what Mewtwo with Nasty Plot would be capable of so maybe it wouldn't be as overly-powerful as I think, but... :/

That would be kinda scary. Timid hits 814 after a single Nasty Plot o.o

And if Dusknoir guides spirits/people other places, why can't it learn Follow Me?

Whimsicott should get Spore. It would be completely broken and probably banish it to Ubers but it'd make sense.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
Whimsicott should get Spore. It would be completely broken and probably banish it to Ubers but it'd make sense.

Whimsicott is not a fern.

Equinox said:
Aura Sphere Gengar. It might seem ridiculous, but Gengar CAN learn Focus Miss Blast, which is basically a higher power/lower acc. Aura Sphere.

Aura Sphere would be nice, but notice how it is mostly seen on Pokémon that represent happiness or Heroism. It wouldn't fit in with Gengar. But then again, Mewtwo and Giratina can learn it... maybe.

Infinity said:
Whimsicott is not a fern.

Yes, but Whimsicott can learn Cotton Spore, too.

Mew should get Sketch. It was originally renowned as the Pokemon that could learn every move, and needs to reclaim that title.
Also, Drowzee and Hypno NEED to be able to learn Dream Eater without a TM.

Xous said:
The one move I always think a Pokémon should learn but doesn't: Mewtwo should learn Nasty Plot. It's said to have the most brutal heart of all Pokémon and would be more than capable of thinking something sinister. (The move's Japanese name is Sinister Plot, so it's not like the English name is something entirely different.) For some reason Mew learns it, and that thing's supposed to be Mewtwo's "lol aren't I cute!?" other half. The only reason I can think they'd not give Mewtwo Nasty Plot is purely from a competitive standpoint - I haven't done calculations or anything to see what Mewtwo with Nasty Plot would be capable of so maybe it wouldn't be as overly-powerful as I think, but... :/

Shut up. Psystrike without Nasty Plot is hard enough to deal with >:[

But no seriously, I do agree with Xous. Togekiss is another example of something that can learn Nasty Plot, and it's only supposed to appear around total happiness. Ironic much. :\

Also, how about fly on Scyther? I'm not sure if it actually can fly, but it just should be able to IMO. I mean, it should be that big with wings for a reason. :|

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
Then why can Dusknoir get Mega Kick?

1. Because Dusclops got it in 3rd Gen only.
2. A ghost can make shapes from it's ectoplasmatic body, and could 'kick' the opponent by solifying it's 'leg' it creates.

squirtli said:
And if Dusknoir guides spirits/people other places, why can't it learn Follow Me?

It's called 'Stay with this Finger' in Japan, and the user wags it cutely, and I don't think the Grim Reaper of Pokémon, Dusknoir would lead things to the spirit world by acting like a Clefairy.

Fyi, the Japanese name for the move "Spore" is "Mushroom Spore". Whimsicott is not a mushroom.

Darn it! Sheesh... Do the names have to be THAT different?!? It makes it hard to understand some move choices. like sucker Punch is surprise attack in Japanese. (Diglett)

Troll Ledian harder by giving it Meteor Mash.

Braviary should get Close Combat. It looks like it deserves it more than Staraptor. It also should be a Fighting type IMO

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ;_;
Can't... stop... crying in... shady corner... at... unfair movepool. ;o;

Not sure if anyone said it, but Snorlax needs Slack Off. And it's not an attack, but Rotom-F needs a new ability. It's too unfair to have a Pokemon x2 immune to Earthquake.

On a related note...

halolz-dot-com-pokemon-flareon-usefulmoveset.jpg

In my opinion, Ferrothorn deserves rapid spin as it literally is a spiky disc. I bet this would be a competitive problem however as it already is pretty beastly.

Rusticks said:
Not sure if anyone said it, but Snorlax needs Slack Off. And it's not an attack, but Rotom-F needs a new ability. It's too unfair to have a Pokemon x2 immune to Earthquake.

On a related note...

halolz-dot-com-pokemon-flareon-usefulmoveset.jpg

Omg, totally gonnna use that to get a Vaporeon with Flare Blitz and Dragon Claw. Not for competitive use or anything, just ingame.

Dialkia198 said:
Omg, totally gonnna use that to get a Vaporeon with Flare Blitz and Dragon Claw. Not for competitive use or anything, just ingame.

I would like to see the outcome! It is technically legit. Well, kind of.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
I will gladly take it to a VGC tournament if anyone is willing to let me borrow theirs.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
Aura Sphere would be nice, but notice how it is mostly seen on Pokémon that represent happiness or Heroism. It wouldn't fit in with Gengar. But then again, Mewtwo and Giratina can learn it... maybe.

If that's the case, than why does Mienfoo/Mienshao get Aura Sphere? They don't represent either.

Cooltrainer Alan said:

Kinda off-topic, but this is the method used to farm BP with Sheer Cold/No Guard Machamp. I've been doing it for months. :p

squirtli said:
Kinda off-topic, but this is the method used to farm BP with Sheer Cold/No Guard Machamp. I've been doing it for months. :p

Yeah. I've seen a mimic No Guard machamp paired with event Suicune O_O!

Equinox said:
If that's the case, than why does Mienfoo/Mienshao get Aura Sphere? They don't represent either.
I said mostly. Also, Aura Sphere in Japanese has nothing to do with Aura. Gengar now makes a better canidate for the move.

Back