BW/BW2 Moves Pokémon should have, but don't

RE: Moves Pokémon should have but don't.

Don't know if this has been said, but I really feel like Celebi should have gotten Psyshock. It would counter Blissey and Chansey, its two biggest threats, and it would also make sense on a Psychic type. Again, sorry if this has been said.

I think Teapot said that, and I agree. I don't use Celebi (my only one is Lax and I'd rather not train it[event]) so it really wouldn't effect me.

Aura Sphere has nothing to do with happiness or heroism. It's more about soul.
IMO, the Mew duo and the Creation trio learn Aura Sphere because there's a bond between the members of those groups.

But, if Gengar got Aura Sphere just because it learns Focus Blast, then every Pokémon that learns Focus Blast (which are many) should also get Aura Sphere.

Also, I think Mienshao should learn Power Whip. It's Dex entries mention how it can use the hair on its arms as whips and if Lickilicky can use it with its tongue, why not Mienshao?

Metalizard said:
But, if Gengar got Aura Sphere just because it learns Focus Blast, then every Pokémon that learns Focus Blast (which are many) should also get Aura Sphere.

No. I was viewing it as Gengar should get Aura Sphere because it gets the Dark-type move Dark Pulse, which is described as aura as well. If Gengar can already shoot aura from itself, then it should get Aura Sphere.

The Yoshi said:
Don't know if this has been said, but I really feel like Celebi should have gotten Psyshock. It would counter Blissey and Chansey, its two biggest threats, and it would also make sense on a Psychic type. Again, sorry if this has been said.

I think that's exactly why it DOESN'T get Psyshock. Maybe Game Freak was looking at it from a metagame standpoint. Although, going with that logic, Wobbuffet shouldn't have gotten Shadow Tag and Encore in Gen III...

I'm surprised Latias doesn't get Camouflage, her Pokedex entry says she can become invisible, so it only makes sense.

waterghostdragonstar said:
BUT I do complain about things like why does ELECTRODE learn GYRO BALL, I mean like I know its round but Electrode and Voltorb speed is near top rank. Why not Dusknoir, its a ghost type, change into ball form and attack.

Gyro Ball is basically a spinning attack; all Pokemon that can learn it can spin in some way or another, but iirc Dusknoir has only been seen spinning in the anime in the MD EoS, using Rapid Spin. It's body is also unsuited to spinning.
Being a Ghost type does not mean it's body can change into a ball shape to attack. If that's what you were hinting at, then by your logic Gengar should be able to.

I always wondered why Charizard never got Surf. I don't see why not. Sure he is a Fire type but still it would be a great offense since he is weak to water type moves and electric type moves. Also would be cool to surf around the water with Charizard. I actually had a member AR the move on one of my Charizard's for me and I still have it on my Pearl. I had a Blastoise with Flamethrower but accidentally traded it as junk by accident and I never got it back because the person I traded with tossed it before I realized I traded it. Thankfully the move Scald was created as technically that is Flamethrower for Blastoise XD.:)

I always wondered why Charizard never got Surf. I don't see why not.
Have you ever seen a Charizard try to swim? It's the equivalent of suicide.

I've always wondered why Drapion can't get Poison Tail naturally instead of just an egg move. It would make sense - its a scorpion thing.

JetpackPercy said:
Well, if Ferrothorn spins, the vines would get tangled, and, because it's Pokédex 3D animation decipts it on the ground, and, being bulkier/heavier than Ferroseed means it would be too slow to spin, and crush it's feeler-feet things, and on the roof, it would get tangled up, and get dizzy, so that's why Ferrothorn doesn't have Rapid Spin.

Speaking of which, I KNOW this has been repeated but:

Flareon.

Flare Blitz.

That is all.

And yet, Gorebyss and Clampearl can use Shell Smash when they don't have any shells to smash. And splash doesn't do any damage even on water terrain...

The Flareon with Flare Blist is HUGE though. You gave it to Entei FINALLY Gamefreak! Y U NO GIVE <3 TO FLAREON?! DX

I'm not too sure why Lugia doesn't get Hurricane. It can summon windstorms that devastate towns. Hurricanes destroy towns.

Bippa said:
I'm not too sure why Lugia doesn't get Hurricane. It can summon windstorms that devastate towns. Hurricanes destroy towns.

Already does that with it's signature Aeroblast, that's why. =/

And yet, Gorebyss and Clampearl can use Shell Smash when they don't have any shells to smash.
I'm assuming you mean Huntail, not Clamperl, who clearly has a shell to smash.

Scyther and Kabutops should get Leaf Blade.

On a less serious view, Gliscor and Scizor should get Crabhammer. I mean, they have those crab pincers, right?

Delta Nite said:

On a less serious view, Gliscor and Scizor should get Crabhammer. I mean, they have those crab pincers, right?

Scizor should've gotten Dual Chop, too :(.

xxashxx said:
I always wondered why Charizard never got Surf. I don't see why not.

Biggest 'facepalm' ever...

Gorebyss and Clampearl can use Shell Smash when they don't have any shells to smash

Gorebyss actually has 2 small shells that are basically its braw (Wait, that means if it uses Shell Smash...)... but I get what you mean...

Agreed

I don't see how. They don't possess leaves at all. Yet, Gallade can learn it so I don't know... It can already learn Magical Leaf through Kirlia anyway. And its arms kinda look like leaves to me...

How is it that Zapdos doesn't get Hurricane at Lv.92? It would've been THE Rain Pokémon. It got Zap Cannon while it's flying trio members all got Hurricane. :(

Probably already been said but I'm not sure why Ferrothorn didn't get Rapid Spin... =(

Why does Throh get Superpower and Sawk get Close Combat? Logically, they should each get both, correct? I guess they figured to capitalize on each one's weak points, for some reason. >.>

Poor Throh... =(

Snorlax not getting Slack Off... *facepalm* FACEPALM GAMEFREAK, FACEPALM.

Back