BW/BW2 Moves Pokémon should have, but don't

RE: Moves Pokémon should have but don't.

Gengar also gets Dark Pulse, which is described as a dark aura, I rest my case ;)

Edit: I don't think we should be judging which move a Pokemon should have gotten based on their Japanese name, that's stoopid.

Uh... well, given that this is a Japanese game, yes we should.

PMJ said:
Uh... well, given that this is a Japanese game, yes we should.

While this might be, how about we not go off names? Considering the fact that we have different names for moves and Pokemon than Japan does. We might as well say Rock Throw is where you just drop rocks on the opponent, or Calm Mind is where you meditate (lol we already have that move) I'd also rather base my claims on how this move goes off (i.e. Rapid Spin spins you around)

One thing I've always though was weird is that Bagon gets Hydro Pump as an egg move, but Salamence isn't capable of using Surf. If a Pokemon can shoot out a large blast of water, why can't it be on top of it? It could fly near the water surface to cause a wave.

Dragonite is in a similar boat. It can learn Surf and Waterfall, but it can't get Hydro Pump. Recall that in RBY it could learn Water Gun.

^heh... One thing is ride on water, another thing is shooting water from inside the body... although if Salamence can do it, I don't see why Dragonite wouldn't be able to do it as well...

Especially considering Dragonite has more connection with water to any other type (excluding Dragon/Flying)- Water 1 egg group, found in the water (for it's pre-evos and itself), and the fact that most of it's 'Dex entries refer to it's 'marine habitat'.

Houndoom should have Poison Fang. He can learn other Poison-type moves and is said to have toxins brewing in its body.

Hmm... That'd make sense I guess.

My friend wanted Poison Fang on his Houndour so badly he used Mimic and the Transform/Rage glitch.

Heatmor. Fire Punch. That is all.

Geodude6 said:
My friend wanted Poison Fang on his Houndour so badly he used Mimic and the Transform/Rage glitch.

IIRC, Houndour gets Poison Fang in the Dream World. :D

On a slightly less related topic, I REALLY want Sheer Force Nidoking with Superpower. Darnit GameTroll, why couldn't you put Move Tutors in Black and White?! And Sheer Force really needs to affect Giga Impact. Really.

Dialkia198 said:
On a slightly less related topic, I REALLY want Sheer Force Nidoking with Superpower. Darnit GameTroll, why couldn't you put Move Tutors in Black and White?! And Sheer Force really needs to affect Giga Impact. Really.
Sheer Force doesn't negate the side effects of moves that always happen. Heck, Superpower on Nidoking is probably a bad idea...and so is Giga Impact.

Superpower on Nidoking would be awesome. I know it doesn't get the SF boost but it can help against Blissey.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
Sheer Force doesn't negate the side effects of moves that always happen. Heck, Superpower on Nidoking is probably a bad idea...and so is Giga Impact.
..You are absolutely right. There goes my idea for an epic Physical Nidoking... I was thinking, "O hei, nido gets sheer force, superpower, and head smash, that would be completely awesome." Well, I probably wouldn't find a way to build a team around that anyhow.

Hopefully BW2 has move tutors. I think that if move tutor is packing good moves and some stuff gets released like DW Zapdos or Chandelure, the entire game could change in an instant.

A bit of something I forgot on my previous post: Either Giratina should learn Fire Blast / Flamethrower, or Palkia should no longer be able to learn either. It makes absolutely no sense to me that a Water/Dragon can learn those two moves and yet a Ghost/Dragon cannot. (Yes, for some reason it's taken me until practically BW2 to notice Palkia and a fair few other Pokémon get Fire Blast / Flamethrower and there are so many others that should get them but don't.) I just don't understand their reasoning behind it.

Xous said:
A bit of something I forgot on my previous post: Either Giratina should learn Fire Blast / Flamethrower, or Palkia should no longer be able to learn either. It makes absolutely no sense to me that a Water/Dragon can learn those two moves and yet a Ghost/Dragon cannot. (Yes, for some reason it's taken me until practically BW2 to notice Palkia and a fair few other Pokémon get Fire Blast / Flamethrower and there are so many others that should get them but don't.) I just don't understand their reasoning behind it.
Oh definitely. Like Gyarados can learn Flamethrower. Giratina does look like it could breathe fire, but even though Palkia is Water/Dragon, I can imagine it using the move easier than Giratina. Same with Gyarados. Maybe Game Freak thought it'd be too good?

I personally think Hitmonchan should've had Dizzy Punch; I thought it was unfair when it was (until Generation III) Kangaskhan's signature move.

I really have nothing to complain since I always find ways to have my pokemon know moves to counter weakness
(e.g.: Garchomp-Fire Blast, Stone Edge, Dig, Draco Meteor
Mienshao- Uturn, Bounce, Rock Slide, Hi Jump Kick)
BUT I do complain about things like why does ELECTRODE learn GYRO BALL, I mean like I know its round but Electrode and Voltorb speed is near top rank. Why not Dusknoir, its a ghost type, change into ball form and attack.
BTW for people with trouble with Grass types (the very weaknessed pokemon) have it know a rock and ground or physic type move without being the actual type and that is another no weak point pokemon.
People with Shedninja- I learn this from experience, if you get enough BP get Focus Band, Focus Sash is one use for that battle only (unless it gets switched out), learned that the hard way :(

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
IIRC, Houndour gets Poison Fang in the Dream World. :D

Actually, he does not. Only moves he can get from the Dream World are Feint and Dark Pulse.

Back