Need a Good Deck for Austrian Nationals.

D4an1el

There is only one legendary Pokemon. Psyduck
Hi, I would like to ask you if you can help me. I'm living in Austria, where the nationals happens in the beginning of may so I need to make a deck now to get the cards I need for it in time. But I don't know what I should play, the thing is that I can't even test it here with other people, because the scene is pretty small and the only real torunament before the nationals, are the regionals, but I can't visit them due to beeing forced to work (not easy to find time for hobbies if you have to study and work the whole week).

Plasma-Storm is the latest legal booster pack that will be legal to play. So it would be the current meta that you guys have.

What deck would you recommend if you don't know anyhting about the regional meta? What I can say is that most people won't run Blastoise, at least not with Pokebeach because they are almost impossible to get here, well besides ebay.

So what would be the most consistent deck/ most likely to win? Are blastoise with 3 beaches the botf or what is more like to be better?

I hope you can help me, well because I would love to get back into TCG's, especially Pokemon, but it's hard if no friends of yours are playing and you only can test online:

If no one's playing Keldeo, then Big Basics would be a good play, as Keldeo is one of its worst match ups, and Garbodor is just Big Basics with a Stage 1 tech, so Big Basics has a good Garbodor match up as well. It hits Darkrai for Weakness with Landorus, so that's another decent match up, and it's pretty easy to tech non-EX attackers like Tornadus and Terrakion, so the Klinklang match up isn't that terrible either as it is for some of the other decks.

Speed Darkrai is your best bet, here is my current list I you want to see how most of them are built:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-modified-speed-darkrai
This deck got me top16 at states winning the 1st game and the only reason I lost the other two is be cuz thought both final2 games I didn't play a single supporter terrible terrible luck-__-

So, Blastoise isn't the top deck anymore, becuase tropical beaches aren't even that expensive on ebay, mostly of the luxus of being able to play them in any european language

And thanks for the help so far. You guys are awesome

I would personally go with blastoise, keldeo, PS Kyurem ex. I find it to be the most consistent and can hit super hard.

If you don't like that then you can pick what I think is the bdif - tornadus ex/landorus ex/mewtwo/bouff with lasers. That deck can just be devastating.

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Have you considered watchlock??

I don't think watchlock is a wise choice. If you are on a budget then yes, if you want to win nationals then no. :rolleyes:

Dear bagoly14,
Watchlock has won past tournaments in Japan even with their extremely unique tournament styl and for being so slow. Your argument is invalid. If you wan the full strategy google watchlock - tcg with hats

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Dear bagoly14,
Watchlock has won past tournaments in Japan.

Tournament--I believe. In fact, not even; only fourth (correct me if I'm wrong). Didn't the list run Ghetsis, a card the OP won't get in time for Nats?

Mora nailed it. Ghestis is what made that deck good, and even then, it only got 4th at a single battle carnival. It definitely isn't something to play for a big event like a Nationals.

Dear AlexanderTheNotSoAwesome (haha),

First off, it did not win any tournaments in Japan that I know of.

Secondly, in Japan you can switch your deck before top cut. The player who Top 4ed with Watchlock played something different in Swiss and only Switched to Watchlock in Top 8.

Watchlock is not, and never will be a Top 8 deck.

Yours truly,
bagoly14

PS Kyurem is a non existent card. It's PF Kyurem, and the OP states that the format will be BW-PS.

Big Basics seems like the best play due to the lack of Blastoise. It's a fantastic deck as long as you don't go against too many Klinklang or Blastoise.

Blah said:
PS Kyurem is a non existent card. It's PF Kyurem, and the OP states that the format will be BW-PS.

Big Basics seems like the best play due to the lack of Blastoise. It's a fantastic deck as long as you don't go against too many Klinklang or Blastoise.

I think everyone knows that I meant this:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Black_Kyurem-EX_%28Plasma_Storm_95%29

Welp, I'm dumb. Sorry about that lol. - Blah

No Big Basics = No win

That's how life in Pokemon is right now. Only exception is if you're like, a former champion with so much experience that you can beat the crap out of them "young bloods"

Lol, When you typed that I actually started worrying I was wrong and that 200 Kyurem wasn't in PS haha

So it seems that Big Basics is the way to go. I'll try to get all the cards that I need for it. Does BB has bad match ups besides Blastoise ?

D4an1el said:
So it seems that Big Basics is the way to go. I'll try to get all the cards that I need for it. Does BB has bad match ups besides Blastoise ?

I don't think so...I would use Tornadus EX, Landorus EX, Mewtwo EX, Tornadus EPO, Bouffalant EPO, Lasers, Aspertia Gym, Eviolite.

Before anybody says "Tornadus EPO?!?!" let me explain.

You need to deal with Klang somehow (I'm not sure if he's in PS, I am assuming yes.)
If you face Keldeo, they will now need 4 energies or 3 energies + HTL + Virbank to KO you.
Rayquaza will need 3 energies to KO you.
You only lose one prize.
Great for energy rotation, it is like energy switch. Energy switch to mewtwo ex or landorus ex for some great surprise KO's.

Eviolite is for bouffalant.

Aspertia is great, makes Tornadus a tank as well if you have aspertia and eviolite in play.

Ace spec would be scramble switch.

I tested heavily against and with this deck and find it to be a very very solid deck. Just my two cents.

Back