TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: Unown H: 24 Unown down, 4 to go!

Thought I'd let you know that I've gotten a start on Clauncher. :p I've had a cute idea for a post for a couple days now and decided to do the pencil work today. It's a bit late for me to get much more done at this point, but I should have the whole thing finished by the end of the week at the latest, I think, depending on how sidetracked I get with other thi-- ooh, a kitty!

I really do like how the pose turned out, though. :D There's not a whole lot of reference art out there for Clauncher since he's so new, but I think it turned out pretty nicely regardless. If I have any regrets it would be that it's somewhat small on paper; definitely using the thin pen for inking so as not too lose too much detail.

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: Unown H: 24 Unown down, 4 to go!

Athena said:
Thought I'd let you know that I've gotten a start on Clauncher. :p I've had a cute idea for a post for a couple days now and decided to do the pencil work today. It's a bit late for me to get much more done at this point, but I should have the whole thing finished by the end of the week at the latest, I think, depending on how sidetracked I get with other thi-- ooh, a kitty!

I really do like how the pose turned out, though. :D There's not a whole lot of reference art out there for Clauncher since he's so new, but I think it turned out pretty nicely regardless. If I have any regrets it would be that it's somewhat small on paper; definitely using the thin pen for inking so as not too lose too much detail.
I can't wait to see it, Athena! I know it'll be amazing.

Thanks again for being willing to contribute to the set -- your style will fit the set perfectly.

EDIT:
UnownP.png

UnownU.png

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: All 28 Unown completed. And Dedenne.

If you asked me a year ago if I would've completed all 18 Arceus and all 28 Unown, I would've laughed. But they're done...finally.

Here's one to switch it up.
Dedenne.png
I do not like this Pokémon. Nobody likes this Pokémon. The art was limited, and because I don't like this Pokémon, didn't feel the need to make my own art. So BOOM -- screengrab from the show.

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: All 28 Unown completed. And Dedenne.

Unown P has a typo, "...This power works even is Unown [P] is..."

CMP said:
I do not like this Pokémon. Nobody likes this Pokémon. The art was limited, and because I don't like this Pokémon, didn't feel the need to make my own art. So BOOM -- screengrab from the show.

Tempted to whip up some quick art of a Dedenne on top of a skyscraper acting as a lightning rod...

Congrats on getting so much done, though. :D I can image how the huge amounts of Arceus and Unown would be a daunting task.

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: These birds are on FIYAHH!

Been a while!

Fletchinder.png
Talonflame.png

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: These birds are on FIYAHH!

I remember making some spoilers and following this set a few years ago. It's incredible that when I come back it's going stronger than ever. Kudos to you, CMP. I'm beyond impressed.

Backgrounds on the birds are really interesting. I like that both the fire and bird aspects are included on both cards.

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: Turn it upside down!

Thanks for the kind words (and spoilers), Xdog! It's been a roller coaster of ups and down, and sometimes months and months have gone by with no updates, but it's something I intend to finish. I guess I'm just too stubborn to let it die.

Here's another one!
Inkay.png
Nothing groundbreaking as far as originality is concerned, but in my defense, I came up with the Confused-to-Evolve Power when the method of evolution was rumored...long before I knew it was on an actual Inkay card! I did change the name, though, to maintain consistency with the existing Power.

That power is awesome. I didn't know there actually was something like that on a real card, but that just makes it even cooler. :p

Yeah, I was bummed when I saw it on a card, but on the other hand, it's pretty cool I had the same idea as TCG devs!

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: Megadactyl and HOOPA!

I sneakily added Megadactyl to the first post without updating, and I finished Hoopa last night, so...
Megaaerodactyl.png
Hoopa.png
Thanks to GadgetJax for the basis of Megadactyl's attack!

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: Megadactyl and HOOPA!

Ooooh, I really love the gold holo border; especially with Hoopa's colours, it looks very sharp! Also really like how you redid the Mega style to fit in with the Neo era; it's fun to imagine how Nintendo might have done things with the older sets. :)

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: Text-y/image-y card update!

Thanks, Athena! I'm not sure if how I do Megas is how they would've acted in the TCG back then, but it's a fun, different mechanic from what the official M Pokémon rules are!

We've got an interesting update today...
Diggersby.png
Scatterbug.png
Spewpa.png
Vivillon.png
Litleo.png
Furfrou.png

Doublade.png
Aromatisse.png
Slurpuff.png

I have most of the Kalos Pokémon spoilers/cards done, but I'm missing art. Since I'd rather get the cards out there (both so you guys can see them and, selfishly, to make me feel more accomplished), I figured I'd use Sugimori art as a placeholder until I can make (or find) better artwork! Plus, it's easier than setting up a nicely formatted text fake (seriously: made respect to all you text-based fakers out there).

Honestly, it's kinda fun having big updates -- like the olden days where it wouldn't be unheard of for 8, 10, 12 new cards to be posted at a time! Expect similar updates soon.

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: Text-y/image-y card update -- 8 new ones!

Just figured that Vivillon can do 190 Damage if perfectly built. A bit overkill back then. xDD And the damages in that attack are different, FYI: You placed 20 and the text says 30. But apart from that, excellent work, CMP! I actually love that Aromatisse's Power. :D

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: Text-y/image-y card update -- 8 new ones!

Luispipe8 said:
Just figured that Vivillon can do 190 Damage if perfectly built. A bit overkill back then. xDD And the damages in that attack are different, FYI: You placed 20 and the text says 30. But apart from that, excellent work, CMP! I actually love that Aromatisse's Power. :D
Thanks for pointing that out, Luis! Should be fixed, as soon as the Wikia's cache clears.

Yeah, Vivillon can do some pretty hefty damage, but chances are it wouldn't last long enough to get to that point, as 80 HP is pretty low for a Stage 2. Unless you had some really good support, you'd be hard pressed to get enough types of Energy onto Vivillon to do overkill damages.

Hey CMP! I've been following your work for a while now and love it :) everything is awesome!! Haha!

One thing, on Litleo I think the attack should be "If the Defending Pokemon's hP IS 60 or more..."
Instead of ARE. Grammatically it sounds funny to me.. Haha!!

But yes! Absolutely love your work :)

Squirtle Squad said:
Hey CMP! I've been following your work for a while now and love it :) everything is awesome!! Haha!

One thing, on Litleo I think the attack should be "If the Defending Pokemon's hP IS 60 or more..."
Instead of ARE. Grammatically it sounds funny to me.. Haha!!

But yes! Absolutely love your work :)
Thanks so much, Squirtle Squad -- it really means a lot!

As strange as the grammar seems, is actually is correct, since HP really stands for Hit Points. You can see it on Sabrina's Kadabra and Genesis Heracross.

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: HUGE card update -- 12 new ones!

Haha oh wow.. When you read the effect and say it as Hit Points then yeah it makes sense! Haha! Learn something new everyday ;)

Actually — *pushes up non-existent glasses* — HP are plural, but Maximum HP is singular, see Giovanni's Nidoking.

I believe you still have Spewpa art by me somewhere in your mailbox, so I guess you could use that if you want to sully your beautiful set with my art.

Heavenly Spoon said:
I believe you still have Spewpa art by me somewhere in your mailbox, so I guess you could use that if you want to sully your beautiful set with my art.
I knew you'd made art for the set, but I could remember which Pokémon! I uploaded a new version, so it should be available as soon as the cache clears. Thanks Spoon!

Back