TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: Neo Redux: Now with more Form(e)s! UPDATE: Unown ? and J!

Great Unown, CMP! Although, isn't the "Shuffle your deck afterward" missing?

It is, Luis -- thanks for pointing it out! I actually caught it earlier and uploaded the new version, but the Wikia's cache hasn't been cleared yet so the old one is still showing.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Been busy writing spoilers, mostly for Mega Pokémon.

Still yet to write for...
CLAWITZER
Mega GYARADOS
Mega MEWTWO X
Mega MEWTWO Y
Mega HOUNDOOM
Mega TYRANITAR
Mega SCEPTILE
Mega SWAMPERT
Mega MAWILE
Mega AGGRON
Mega METAGROSS
Mega GARCHOMP
Mega DIANCIE

Hmm, I can't see your picture (post 2075) ... though I imagine it's quite nice based on the likes :p

Sorry for not commenting more. :p I do enjoy watching and following along with your progress, but I don't have much to comment on, since I know little of faking and card effects/attacks. Mostly, I just appreciate the work you do and the aesthetics (I'm particularly fond of your colouration/styles for the Poison type!). :D

Also, mostly posting to let you know that I haven't forgotten about your offer to make some art for your cards. :) If there's any Pokémon in particular that you still have yet to make that you think would be a good fit with my style, let me know! Been in a mood to draw lately since I finished up with my CaC artwork so soon, and I know I'll feel more motivated to finish working on something if I have a goal in mind.

rev3rsor said:
Hmm, I can't see your picture (post 2075) ... though I imagine it's quite nice based on the likes :p
Thanks for pointing it out, rev3rsor! Apparently, after the multiple times I've tried to upload the updated version, I broke the Wikia and the corresponding link. Should be fixed now!

Athena said:
Sorry for not commenting more. :p I do enjoy watching and following along with your progress, but I don't have much to comment on, since I know little of faking and card effects/attacks. Mostly, I just appreciate the work you do and the aesthetics (I'm particularly fond of your colouration/styles for the Poison type!). :D

Also, mostly posting to let you know that I haven't forgotten about your offer to make some art for your cards. :) If there's any Pokémon in particular that you still have yet to make that you think would be a good fit with my style, let me know! Been in a mood to draw lately since I finished up with my CaC artwork so soon, and I know I'll feel more motivated to finish working on something if I have a goal in mind.
That really means a lot, Athena -- thank you so much! Yeah, I've always associated the Poison-type with a dingy, murky green color. I think it has to do not only with the type being represented by Grass in the early TCG days, but also (and I guess this is why Poison = TCG Grass) because so many Poison-types in Gen I were part Bug- or Grass-type as well. All this, despite that fact that most Poison-types were in fact purple. Guess I'm just weird!

And I'd love to see a Clauncher in your style! If you'd prefer another Pokémon, though, I'm always up for making a promo!

You might want to add a clause to Unown G saying it can't be used in a sudden death, otherwise it might be pretty abusable or at the very least get you stuck in a loop.

Everything else seems fine/looks great as usual. I do have a small list of minor errors I found a while ago but neglected to post for whatever reason, so to avoid posting an unusually short post I might as well list them now:
- Jynx has a broken link
- Vileplume: I think you have to change "does" to "do" in the Power, the wording's rather odd, you might want to use "Base Damage" in there somewhere, though I'm not sure that would help.
- Mesprit: The "into your hand" seems superfluous and out of place, I suggest you drop it (see Energy Retrieval for reference). You might also want to add an "up to" to avoid confusion for what to do in case there aren't sufficient Energy cards in the Discard Pile.

And I feel I need to quote myself again on Chimecho, which still seems like it would completely dominate each and every format it would appear in. I think you ignored me last time :(
Heavenly Spoon said:
I had another problem with deckbuilding which is somehowwhat related, and it's simply that I couldn't justify not putting Chimecho in. The card is too good, being a basic which essentially stops your opponent's hopes of a decent set-up. Houndoom UF, which had a similar effect, was widely used at the time even though it didn't block supporters (while Chimecho would stop every form of trainer) and was a Stage1. The last card ever to be banned from official play was Slowking, because having a bunch of them effectively prevented your opponent from playing Trainers. Chimecho does this all by itself. I was going to point out how Gengar is similar (and I think it might be way too good as well, as any deck with whatever will be the Pokémon Breeder/Rare Candy could benefit from a 1-0-1 line), but Chimecho blows it out of the water like it's nobody's business. Gengar can easily be fixed by only having the Power work when it's active, Chimecho seems far harder to fix. Maybe have it work on you as well, like with Dark Vileplume (which was a widely-used card in its own right)?

Heavenly Spoon said:
You might want to add a clause to Unown G saying it can't be used in a sudden death, otherwise it might be pretty abusable or at the very least get you stuck in a loop.
Good call! Added.

Heavenly Spoon said:
- Jynx has a broken link
Should be fixed now.

Heavenly Spoon said:
- Vileplume: I think you have to change "does" to "do" in the Power, the wording's rather odd, you might want to use "Base Damage" in there somewhere, though I'm not sure that would help.
When I updated the holosheets, I changed the card around and I missed that. I decided to use "base damage," as per your suggestion, since I guess it's technically the base damage prior to subtracting damage. I also muddled around a bit with Energy cost and damage; I think it better fits the Neo-era this way.

Heavenly Spoon said:
- Mesprit: The "into your hand" seems superfluous and out of place, I suggest you drop it (see Energy Retrieval for reference). You might also want to add an "up to" to avoid confusion for what to do in case there aren't sufficient Energy cards in the Discard Pile.
I like how you think, Spoon!

Heavenly Spoon said:
And I feel I need to quote myself again on Chimecho, which still seems like it would completely dominate each and every format it would appear in. I think you ignored me last time :(
Heavenly Spoon said:
I had another problem with deckbuilding which is somehowwhat related, and it's simply that I couldn't justify not putting Chimecho in. The card is too good, being a basic which essentially stops your opponent's hopes of a decent set-up. Houndoom UF, which had a similar effect, was widely used at the time even though it didn't block supporters (while Chimecho would stop every form of trainer) and was a Stage1. The last card ever to be banned from official play was Slowking, because having a bunch of them effectively prevented your opponent from playing Trainers. Chimecho does this all by itself. I was going to point out how Gengar is similar (and I think it might be way too good as well, as any deck with whatever will be the Pokémon Breeder/Rare Candy could benefit from a 1-0-1 line), but Chimecho blows it out of the water like it's nobody's business. Gengar can easily be fixed by only having the Power work when it's active, Chimecho seems far harder to fix. Maybe have it work on you as well, like with Dark Vileplume (which was a widely-used card in its own right)?
Hmm...don't know how I missed it last time. Regardless, I took your advice to make it similar to Dark Vileplume (affecting both you and your opponent). Still would be a pretty good card, methinks -- especially for a Basic.

Everything has been re-uploaded, though how long the Wikia takes to clear the old cache and make the current files appear is anyone's guess. As always, I can't thank you enough for your input Spoon!

CMP said:
That really means a lot, Athena -- thank you so much! Yeah, I've always associated the Poison-type with a dingy, murky green color. I think it has to do not only with the type being represented by Grass in the early TCG days, but also (and I guess this is why Poison = TCG Grass) because so many Poison-types in Gen I were part Bug- or Grass-type as well. All this, despite that fact that most Poison-types were in fact purple. Guess I'm just weird!

I always thought it was kind of funny how many poison types end up being purple (and also how that's trend continued throughout the generations), but I never really realized/remembered until this post about how that was reflected in the earlier sets with a nice purple/green colour scheme, despite some of my favourite cards being in those sets (and some of my favourite Pokémon being Poison). But looking back at some iconic cards (Fossil Ekans, TR Koffing and Grimer, Jungle Venomoth, Base Set Nidoking), it's kind of funny how often that colour scheme comes up. Love it. :D

And I'd love to see a Clauncher in your style! If you'd prefer another Pokémon, though, I'm always up for making a promo!

Sounds great! :) I'll do some research and come up with some fun poses and see what strikes me.

Athena said:
Sounds great! :) I'll do some research and come up with some fun poses and see what strikes me.
Can't wait!

Sorry about the recent lack of updates...
UnownS.png
UnownO.png

EDIT: Added Unown O!

RE: Neo Redux: Now with more Form(e)s! UPDATE: Unown OS (O + S)

":O" heh, thought that was quite fitting.
Anyway, really cool cards and ideas with the powers! Just a small thing, "once during you_ turn" on Unown O, but apart from that great cards as always!

RE: Neo Redux: Now with more Form(e)s! UPDATE: Unown OS (O + S)

Whoops, fixed that error. Thanks for pointing it out, rev3rsor!

Since I can't stop this Unown fever (more like I need to make/find art for the Kalos Pokémon -- harder than Unown), here's Unown T!
UnownT.png

RE: Neo Redux: Now with more Form(e)s! UPDATE: Unown OST (O + S + T)

Loving all the Unown so far!

It seems on Unown T, "(before your attack)" is bolded. This was not present on Unown O, so thought it should be pointed out.
Other than that... Unown S is my favorite. :p

RE: Neo Redux: Now with more Form(e)s! UPDATE: Unown OST (O + S + T)

Keeper of Night said:
Loving all the Unown so far!

It seems on Unown T, "(before your attack)" is bolded. This was not present on Unown O, so thought it should be pointed out.
Other than that... Unown S is my favorite. :p
Nope, it's just the way the font is anti-aliased at size 13. If I were to increase the size on Unown O (which is size 12), the effect would be noticeable there, too:
-size.png
I could probably mess with it, but I've kept a consistent setting for all 700+ cards.

Glad you like Unown S!

UnownI.png
UnownY.png

RE: Neo Redux: Now with more Form(e)s! UPDATE: 18 Unown down, 10 to go!

Apologies for the double post, but I just counted, and including form[e]s, Energy, and promos, I'm at 800 cards! Give or take a few, of course, as I counted quickly and may have missed (or double counter) a few here and there.

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: Unown V and W: 21 Unown down, 7 to go!

Still loving the Unown cards. The Unown S and T artworks are stunning!

One question, though. Did you purposely make Unown Y's Pokémon Power "Y" (rather than a word)?

So many cards! @_@

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: Unown V and W: 21 Unown down, 7 to go!

Nekoban Ryo said:

One question, though. Did you purposely make Unown Y's Pokémon Power "Y" (rather than a word)?

So many cards! @_@
Thanks Alex!

Some of the powers were thought up by Decmaster, with some changes made here and there. He originally just used "Y" for the name, and while I was going to turn it into a word, I thought about it and liked how well it fit with "X" before it and "Z" after it.

CMP said:
Nekoban Ryo said:

So many cards! @_@
Thanks Alex!

Some of the powers were thought up by Decmaster, with some changes made here and there. He originally just used "Y" for the name, and while I was going to turn it into a word, I thought about it and liked how well it fit with "X" before it and "Z" after it.
Ah, I didn't notice that X and Z didn't spell words. I guess it fits, although it does feel kind of lazy. Then again, I suppose it's difficult to come up with words that start with those letters, especially that would go with the effects. Xylophone? Yo-yo? Zucchini?

The "X" was due to the multiplier effect of the power, and "Z" because of the shuffling the power requires; on a shuffle icon, the individual arrows make both a "Z" as well as a reverse "Z" of sorts. A stretch, sure, but there aren't really better alternatives -- at least none that haven't been used.

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: Unown M, V, and W: 23 Unown down, 5 to go!

UnownH.png

Back