TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: Neo Redux: Halfway done! UPDATE: ROSERADE and AGGRON added (8/17)!

CMP said:
This blank was a pain to make -- I had to do the minimized border to fit the attacks. Normally it's not too much of an issue, but with the texture on the Metal blanks...yikes! :p

Well, I just loved the result. I miss the darker texture in post DP metal Pokémon.
Enjoyed Aggron. Is that pic from an ex-series booster pack?

About Roserade, all I gotta say is LOL :)

RE: Neo Redux: Halfway done! UPDATE: So many kinds of symbols...FLYGON added (8/18)! Let me know what you think!

@Cris: Thanks! The art work came from Power Keepers wallpaper.

@Zyflair: I always appreciate your feedback -- thanks! It's refreshing to get a seasoned TCG player's opinion on the cards and how they fit in with real ones.

@Delta Nite: Yeah -- I agree about the old Metal texture. The old cards almost had a sheen to them, very similar to scratch-off lottery tickets. Thanks!

Flygon.png

RE: Neo Redux: Halfway done! UPDATE: So many kinds of symbols...FLYGON added (8/18)! Let me know what you think!

Wow! That Flygon is really neat. Shouldn't its PokePower be called sandstorm? It's like the Sandstorm in the Video Game :D

Seven different type symbols on Flygon... That's gotta be a record.

Nice card as usual!

"Sand Dragon," however, seems to be an unfitting name for the effect it provides. It doesn't sound destructive enough to justify the milling effect of the attack. Flygon Lv.X (Rising Rivals) went with "Wind Erosion," which sounds fine because the effect is exactly what the name implies.

Thanks, Zyflair! Glad you like it.

I agree about the attack name -- I think of a better one. Thanks for pointing stuff like that out!

RE: Neo Redux: Halfway done! UPDATE: Bringing BW Concepts to Neo?! Check it out! Fossils added. (8/18)!

So I never really liked what the TCG had going on as far as fossils, so when it was announced that Red Collection would have "Revived Pokémon," I was intrigued. I decided to borrow this concept for Neo Redux. What would normally have been Stage 1 first-stage fossils are now Revived Pokémon like in Red Collection.

I also tried to spruce up the blanks to match the fossil cards (see Old Amber) a little bit. The fossils themselves can be played as Basic Pokémon, much like the trainer cards, but like the Buried Fossil card from Skyridge, are actually on what looks like a Pokémon card (not a trainer).

Omanyte.png
Kabuto.png
(Thanks to DNA for Omanyte's attack)

Because they are still first stages, I used an evo circle/bar much like the one for Basic Pokémon with babies.

All in all, I just like fancy blanks. Deerling nd the Tao trio are examples of that. :p

EDIT:
Tynamo.png
DNA <3

RE: Neo Redux: Halfway done! UPDATE: Bringing BW Concepts to Neo?! Check it out! Fossils added. (8/18)!

Wait, why does Tynamo have a weakness to Ground and no resistance? It should be the other way around. At least, I meant to write it like that. Did I screw up on my blank?

*checks inbox*

Yeah, I did. Why'd you change it?

I don't like incorporating Levitate into the cards. :/ I've already ignored it for quite a few Pokémon, so I find it easier to just ignore it for the rest rather than go back and fix mistakes.

Weird...I seem to incorporate Levitate into a lot of spoilers I make. Even so, Tynamo doesn't have any weakness in the games, so couldn't you just leave it with no weakness and no resistance as well...?

We can debate over resistance, but I'm very sure a ground can't go under weakness since Tynamo isn't weak to ground in the VG. Just my two cents on that topic.

Also, this is more of a nitpicky thing, but "floatation" is slightly an old spelling (Chrome spell check doesn't recognize it). The current spelling is "flotation". It's still a correct spelling and means the same thing, either way.

Hmm...I must not've noticed because many of the Pokémon with Levitate that I've done have a type immunity, not just an immunity due to Levitate. I'll take away the Weakness (even though it keeps it's Weakness in the TCG), but I feel like if I give it a Ground resistance I would need to be consistent --- and I've already missed a lot.

I feel like it should've been best as a power, to be honest. Technically, for all intents and purposes, its typing still gives it a weakness to Ground -- if its ability is turned off (or is hit with certain attacks), it'll still suffer from a Ground weakness.

RE: Neo Redux: Halfway done! UPDATE: Karrablast, Shelmet, and Klinklang! (8/19)

Karrablast.png
Shelmet.png
Klinklang.png

Bippa helped with the bugs, DNA with the gear. I changed the power a bit, DNA, to allow Klinklang use of it if its your Active Pokémon. Hope you don't mind!

BTW -- I changed Tynamo's W/R.

Brilliant as always, CMP! I love the art on all of these. I Feel as I have seen the klinklang art before.(Probably on klang and klink.)

I don't mind - just so long as it makes the Active Pokemon have free retreat, it's fine.
I like how all 3 of the gears have the same style of picture. Granted, due to the way the Gear family is designed, you can only do so much with them, as you can't really make them have facial expressions or much else - they're immovable. Yet the artwork still works well enough that they look alive.

I love the two bug brothers :p

RE: Neo Redux: Halfway done! UPDATE: Archen Revived and Archeops! (8/20)

Archen.png
Archeops.png

Archen help from Decmaster.

It's listed on the bottom left corner of each card. Just look up the names.

Wow CMP, you've gotten a LOT done since I got banned "have been away"! All these cards are incredible. I don't know how you found that amazing artwork for Archeops, but it looks perfect. The attacks and Powers are all looking fantastic as usual. I'm just blown away by all the new stuff I'm seeing.

I just have one comment about Bouffalant, though– its Power reads "...If heads, Bouffalant's Head Charge attack's base damage is 80 instead of 40 and Bouffalant does 20 damage to itself until the end of your turn..."

Should that last part read "...and Bouffalant does 20 damage to itself at the end of your turn..." or is there something I'm missing?

EDIT: MY bad, didn't see Zyflair's post about that.

Thanks, Scizorlicious! Zyflair brought the Bouffalant up. I just moved back to school into my new apartment and I don't have internet yet so I can't edit it. I've been having to use my phone...

Back