TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: Neo Redux. New card: The first gen's powerhouse!

CMP said:
Thanks, LORDY JONES! DestroyedSteak is actually an artist duo. Check them out on dA; I linked it above.

EDIT: The (in)famous first gen annoyance has now been Redux-ified: Zubat! Hopefully I got it's irritating qualities across -- yay status effects!

Excellent useless to the person playing it, irritating as anything to the victim, nice work.

RE: Neo Redux. New card: The cave-dwelling annoyance!

Dodrio is up.

A few things: It's an experimental card. I'm in a weird mood, so ergo weird card. The Power isn't really intended to ever be used (small chance of success), but because it has the power, it's attacks aren't very powerful. The second attack is from a Pokédex entry (FireRed, I believe)..

RE: Neo Redux. New card: A trio of heads!

That's a nice card. I like the second attack, but I fear that power is to strong. Either way, continue the great faking.

EDIT: I just realized how nice you matched Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur with the faux-holi. Nice nice nice!

Thanks! The power may be strong, but I figured it would, on average, only work about 12.5% of the time. It's attacks themselves kind of suck, though -- Joy, Sadness, Anger would be useless a good majority of the time!

The Snorlax is kind of broken, for back then, anyway.
I want that Pikachu! (I collect different kinds)
Still, great cards! I wish I could fake like that...

Zubat's still annoying so that's perfect :p I love the Dodrio, because although it's a little cramped it's a good 'concept card'. :D

Flame Claw said:
Zubat's still annoying so that's perfect :p I love the Dodrio, because although it's a little cramped it's a good 'concept card'. :D

True, FC. How's this? Honestly, the cramped version screams "NEO" to me more, actually!

EDIT: Here's a happy medium, but I can't quite space the Power enough to make it look real.

EDIT2: A think I'm happy with this one. Let me know what you guys think.

EDIT3: Lapras up!

The artwork on every card is amazing!
I wish I had your skillz. : P

moonpix said:
The artwork on every card is amazing!
I wish I had your skillz. : P

I can't take credit for the art; the illustrator is listed at the bottom. :)

RE: Neo Redux. New card: The Pokémon ferry!

amazing! how do you actually like....MAKE them?? cuz i could use some help in the making of so yugioh cards of mine...

The Dodrio seems alright now :p I like the Lapras very much, only thing, again I'm not 100% sure, is on the second attack, shouldn't it be "If the Defending Pokémon's Weakness is" instead of "If the Defending Pokémon's weakness is"? I thought W/R/RC stuff always got capitalised :p

Petrex said:
amazing! how do you actually like...MAKE them?? cuz i could use some help in the making of so yugioh cards of mine...

Haha thanks Petrex! First, you need blanks (the card without pictures/ attacks/ etc) -- I make my own. Then you need the correct fonts and a symbolsheet for Energy symbols, rarity, etc.; I know the correct placement down to the pixel. Programs such as Photoshop are definitely the best option to use.

I'd love to help you out, but I'm afraid I don't know anything about Yu-Gi-Oh at all -- I've never even seen a card! If you'd like to make a Pokémon card, though, let me know and I'll do what I can!

Flame Claw said:
The Dodrio seems alright now :p I like the Lapras very much, only thing, again I'm not 100% sure, is on the second attack, shouldn't it be "If the Defending Pokémon's Weakness is" instead of "If the Defending Pokémon's weakness is"? I thought W/R/RC stuff always got capitalised :p

You're absolutely right -- I can't believe I missed it -- I got it on the second "Weakness" in the attack! Thanks, FC!

No problemo, pointing out tiny errors no-one else will bother to notice is my specialty :p

Excellent Lapras Card! I don't know the cards well enough to spot an error like that, Flame Claw,nice grab.

ill pm you if its al right

Liking Onix, but wouldn't the Poke-Power be a Poke-Body, because you don't have to activate it?

Bulbabuddy said:
Liking Onix, but wouldn't the Poke-Power be a Poke-Body, because you don't have to activate it?

In today's cards it would, but the Poké-Body/Poké-Power distinction didn't exist back then (not until the e-card set, Expedition) -- essentially, Pokémon Power = Poké-Powers/Poké-Bodies.

Agh embarrassing. My bad, so all are Pokemon Powers? Ok, once again, sorry. But nice card!

Back