XY New Abilities and effects?

Hyper Driver would be a great ability to have right now. It's a built in Custap Berry, but now that Pokemon would need to rely on a Focus Sash to get down that low. Also, Snowplow. Love the name.

Aftershock: When the Pokemon faints, the opposing Pokemon is hit by an attack similar to Magnitude (can go from 2-10)
Premonition Rattle: When the Pokemon faints, Future Sight is used (faints, then Future Sight is cast, and it hits two turns later) (reserved for snake-like Pokemon)

In a hurry, so that's all for now.

~AoH

Dematerialize: Physical attacks has a 30% chance of not hitting this Pokémon. At the cost of Attack and Special Attack. (15% loss of atk and spatk) - Exclusive for ghosts.

May be a little broken, but, eh.

What new abilities do you want for Gen VI?

NOTE: This was the originally the OP for a separate thread. -Chariblaze

Was browsing through the X and Y topics and saw that although there was a thread about new items and moves, I saw there wasn't any on abilities. So feel free to make a list of abilities and what they do.

RE: What new abilities do you want for Gen VI

Haha. I had thought about making this thread.

Well, I think an ability that causes the opponent to get frozen somehow would be cool.

AdamLambert said:
Well, I think an ability that causes the opponent to get frozen somehow would be cool.

As long as it's not 30% like the other contact-status abilities. Maybe 10%. Freeze is just awful sometimes .-. One like that for Sleep would also be cool. Like on a pillow Pokemon or something.

I thought of one that I would personally like to use:
Cowardly - Goes back into its PokeBall if the opponent boosts its own stats.
for example, the opponent Samurott uses Swords Dance, the Cowardly Pokemon freaks and retreats, and you automatically choose which one to send out in the same turn (can't be the Pokemon with Cowardly). Like Volt Switch, but more automatic.

frezgle said:
AdamLambert said:

As long as it's not 30% like the other contact-status abilities. Maybe 10%. Freeze is just awful sometimes .-. One like that for Sleep would also be cool. Like on a pillow Pokemon or something.

I thought of one that I would personally like to use:
Cowardly - Goes back into its PokeBall if the opponent boosts its own stats.
for example, the opponent Samurott uses Swords Dance, the Cowardly Pokemon freaks and retreats, and you automatically choose which one to send out in the same turn (can't be the Pokemon with Cowardly). Like Volt Switch, but more automatic.

Exactly what I was thinking. Freeze status condition is overpowered. Maybe it could only be activated by being hit by a move of a certain type?

Unavoidable - the opponent can't raise it's evasion or lower your accuracy (TAKE THAT DOUBLE TEAM)
IQ Raiser - raises Sp.A when an opponent is knocked out (Special version of Moxie)
Piercing Gaze - lowers defense when Pokemon is sent out (Intimidate but lowers def)
Bravery - Bug, Dark and Ghost moves do 50% less damage (predominantly seen on Psychics)
Armor Build - raises defense at the end of the turn
Warrior - Atk and Sp.A stats are doubled when the Pokemon's HP goes below 50 (theorymon: Scarf Warriormon, 4x weak to Stealth Rock, switches in. Has 1/2 HP left, doubled atk and sp.a stats, and Scarfed)
Ice Skater - speed stat is doubled in Hail
Happy Dreams - 1/16th HP is recovered every turn whilst sleeping
Hypervenom - 10% chance to inflict Toxic Poison after Physical contact
Exchanger - immediately after entry you and your opponent switch items (this could be so annoying for competitive)
Clear Skies - immediately erases all weather conditions upon entry
Physiotherapy - after being hit by a physical move, your Pokemon heals 25% hp and all status conditions. (move will damage before hp is restored. If a Pokemon is KO'd by a physical move, it won't be revived.)
Mind Therapy - see above but for special moves
Fear Tactic - lowers Sp.D of opponent when sent out (sp.d version Intimidate)
Scare Flat - lowers Sp.A of opponent when sent out (sp.a version Intimidate)
Spooker - moves have a 15% chance of flinching (stacks with other moves, Ghost exclusive)
Intangible - evasion is raised by a stage at the end of a turn, but Def and Sp.D are lowered (Ghost exclusive)
Second Chance - 5% chance of being fully rehealed after being knocked out
Stand Up - Attack and Sp.A stats are raised if the opponent is a higher level than your mon

and then variations of Blaze for every type:
-Electric - Supercharge
-Dark - White Lie
-Psychic - Heightened ESP
-Dragon - Draco Soul
-Ice - Polar Frost
-Steel - Metal Force
-Rock - Frenzy Boulders
-Ground- Tectonic Force
-Fighting - Overzealous
-Ghost - Shadow Madness
-Flying - Strong Wind
-Poison - Frantic Venom

some names aren't good I know, feel free to come up with better ones

edit: added new ones

Re: What new abilities do you want for Gen VI

Type Proof - As the Pokémon switches in, it is given a random immunity until switched out.
Critical Combo - If you use the same move twice in a row, there is a 20% increased chance of a Critical Hit. (Resets after a critical hit)
Fossilize - If hit by a Rock or Ground move, the Pokémon becomes that type.

Reset: when this pokemon is sent out, it resets all your opponents stat changes.
Rampage: this pokemon's attacks do more damage, but it loses some HP at the end of each turn.
Scared Silly: after this pokemon attacks, it switches out.

And some new names for old abilities:
Steady Heart: Sturdy for some non-Rock types.
Megaphone: different version of Plus
Microphone: different version of Minus
Insensetive: ignores any stat changes in the foe, like Unaware.

Drain body- each time the user makes a critical hit it recovers himself by same amount of the damage done by him.

Hero - switching itself with the active pokemon once the active pokemon's hp goes red.(unless the active has the hero ability too)

in game abilities:

Moon power- doubles the s.attack during night
Sun energy- doubles the attack during day

Weird Place: When this Pokemon enters the battle field, Trick Room comes into effect. It will last 8 turns as opposed to 5.

Nothingness: When this Pokemon enters the battle field, all effects are gone (weather Trick Room, etc.)

[Name Missing]: If this Pokemon is slower than the opponent Pokemon, its speed is increased.

Ive got one I know you all will like-

Clean Sweep: Removes all entry hazards upon entering the battlefield. (Spikes, SR, and Toxic Spikes)

Distracting: Lowers all non-damaging moves accuracy by 50%(Eg: Spore, SR, T Wave etc...)

Water Storage: When hit by a water-type move or when raining, the pokemon's critical hit chance rises when using a water-type move. (exclusive to Squirtle evo line, Octillery, and Frillish line)

Defib: When fainted, this pokemon will revive itself at the cost of half of it's PP. (exclusive to some electric-types, does end the battle if it is the last pokemon. cannot switch to this defibbed pokemon when you switch due to it's faint.)

Neutrality: Moves that effect pokemon depending on gender can now effect any target, regardless of gender.

FloodBadge said:

Neutrality: Moves that effect pokemon depending on gender can now effect any target, regardless of gender.

pokemon with that ability and the moves:
Attract
Thunder wave

sounds fun:)

scattered mind said:
FloodBadge said:

pokemon with that ability and the moves:
Attract
Thunder wave

sounds fun:)

Give it Confuse Ray and your opponent is screwed.

AoH said:
Just want to say that I love Tectonics and Siphon. I want those to be real.

Gravitate: Simulates the effects of the move Gravity for as long as the Pokemon is out (just putting a name to the ability being discussed)
Truce: Neither Pokemon can use damaging moves while this Pokemon is out (Struggle excluded) (may be overpowered in shutting down HO teams)
Electron: Pressure for Electric-types (Zapdos, you traitor)
Desertification: Heals 1/16th of HP in sand each turn

I can come up with some more later.

~AoH

I love the idea of Truce but as it is it seems extremely overpowered. I think halving the power of all damaging moves, however, would be great on a mon with decent defenses and defensive typing.

Came up with more:

Suddenly Explosive: this pokemon's exploding moves have +1 priority.
Neat Freak: when this pokemon enters the field, it clears all hazards in play.

Radioactivity: Poison Point for Electric types.

FloodBadge said:

That would upset a lot of parents; because a male Pokémon could use Attract on a male Pokémon, or a female Pokémon could use Attract on a female Pokémon. And that would in some parents eyes be "prompting" homosexuality, and that is ofcourse "bad".

Parents today. eh.

Humidity: Summons a fog in battle (works like the rest of the weather based moves)

Fearless Warrior: Fighting-type attacks used by this Pokemon can inflict damage on ghost-types.

Purple Heart: If this Pokemon faints and is revived and sent back into battle, its attack and special attack sharply increase.

Back