XY New Abilities and effects?

Radioactive561 said:
Cursed Shadow: If this Pokemon is knocked out the the Pokemon that knocked it out loses an 1/8th of its HP after it attacks.

a) Aftermath does this and b) Aftermath does this better

new ideas
-Terra Charge
Allows the user to hit Ground type moves with Electric moves for neutral damage

-Venom Overdose
Allows Steel types to be hit with Poison moves for neutral damage

-Indifferent
Any damage modifiers are removed, and all special conditions don't affect the Pokemon (they show on the screen, but their effects are nulled)

-Root Structure
Immediately plants an Ingrain upon entry

-Leecher
All attacks heal the user by 30% of the damage

-Improved Sight
Accuracy is raised by 1 stage at the end of a turn

-Undevelop
When this Pokemon enters, all stats gained on the opponent's Pokemon lose all boosts they had. (Speed Boost and Moody would lose their effects immediately after getting them) (However it wouldn't affect the users stats)

-Rebellious
This Pokemon has a 20% chance of using a move different to the one selected.

-Danger Zone
When this Pokemon's HP goes into the red, it's attack, special attack and speed go up 2 stages.

-Trickster
All items have an inverse effect (if they boost a stat or a move type then the effect is nulled)

-All-Hitter
This Pokemon's moves don't take into account immunity, resistance or weakness.

P.DelSlayer said:
Radioactive561 said:
Cursed Shadow: If this Pokemon is knocked out the the Pokemon that knocked it out loses an 1/8th of its HP after it attacks.

new ideas
-Terra Charge

-Venom Overdose

-Indifferent
Any damage modifiers are removed, and all special conditions don't affect the Pokemon (they show on the screen, but their effects are nulled)

-Root Structure

-Leecher
All attacks heal the user by 40% of the damage

-Improved Sight

-Undevelop
When this Pokemon enters, all stats lose all boosts they had. (Speed Boost and Moody would lose their effects immediately after getting them)

-Rebellious

Leecher sounds a bit broken. I'd lower it to 10% or maybe 20%.

AdamLambert said:
P.DelSlayer said:

new ideas
-Terra Charge

-Venom Overdose

-Indifferent

-Root Structure

-Leecher
All attacks heal the user by 40% of the damage

-Improved Sight

-Undevelop
When this Pokemon enters, all stats lose all boosts they had. (Speed Boost and Moody would lose their effects immediately after getting them)

-Rebellious

I originally had 50% to match with the HP stealing moves, but decided against it. I think 30% would be more reasonable, considering for the most part a 10% gain would be negligible and 20% seems a little low.

P.DelSlayer said:
AdamLambert said:

I originally had 50% to match with the HP stealing moves, but decided against it. I think 30% would be more reasonable, considering for the most part a 10% gain would be negligible and 20% seems a little low.

That works. I would assume it is limited to physical attacks only. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Specialize- physical attacks only do 90% of normal damage on target. Special attacks do 110% of normal damage

AdamLambert said:
P.DelSlayer said:

That works. I would assume it is limited to physical attacks only. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Specialize- physical attacks only do 90% of normal damage on target. Special attacks do 110% of normal damage

For the most part, although there may be a couple of times where special moves get it as well.

Specialize is a nice idea, but there should be something like Physician as a counterpart ability for physical attackers.

P.DelSlayer said:
AdamLambert said:

For the most part, although there may be a couple of times where special moves get it as well.

Specialize is a nice idea, but there should be something like Physician as a counterpart ability for physical attackers.

Exactly what I was thinking. I like the name Physician. I originally had Physicallize, but that, well, sucks. :p

for status moves

Statistic- (fill in your idea here, because I am clueless)

AdamLambert said:
P.DelSlayer said:

Exactly what I was thinking. I like the name Physician. I originally had Physicallize, but that, well, sucks. :p

for status moves

Something that gives status moves better accuracy? I can't really see anything other than that being useful (plus it would be aces if it was given to a defensive Grass mon that had access to Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Poisonpowder etc, and a new one for burn, something along the lines of Spore Inflame, 75% accuracy and auto burn)

Spore Breloom annoying enough x_x

I mean, should be caution who to give that, then its fine xD

P.DelSlayer said:
AdamLambert said:

for status moves

Something that gives status moves better accuracy? I can't really see anything other than that being useful (plus it would be aces if it was given to a defensive Grass mon that had access to Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Poisonpowder etc, and a new one for burn, something along the lines of Spore Inflame, 75% accuracy and auto burn)

Yeah, that works :) Even if Breloom had it, Spore has perfect accuracy anyway, so it wouldn't do much

P.DelSlayer said:
AdamLambert said:

for status moves

Like Compoundeyes?

Mitja said:
talking about "helping grass pokemon"... they are defensively very weak in general (thank the type chart), a few fancy abilities are cool, but how about something bigger?

I'm thinking...what if the battle location played a role?
For example, battling on a green field would give Grass types some kind of buffs, and other types depending on the location.
Since there is lots of places with grass in any region, it would help them the most. (for competitive battles, this would be random, but then hopefully biased towards grass types somehow).
OR....maybe it would be more common due to fields being a combination of "floor-type" and an optional "cover-type".

What kind of effects could these "field buffs" cause?
And what location would buff what types?

EDIT:

Heres what I've come up with so far

Floor-types:
-casual
-cave (Rock buff)
-swamp
-desert (Ground buff)
-forest (Grass buff)
-water (Water buff)
-mountain (Steel buff)
-urban

Cover-types:
-none 15%
-overgrown (Grass buff) 60%
-snow (Ice buff) 10%
-rocks (Rock buff) 5%
-ponds (Water buff) 10%

the buffs could be things like gaining new immunities, having improved defenses etc..
Like Water gaining an Electric immunity in swamp xDDDd

Just had an idea how that would work out in a non-random manner on wifi/competitive battles:

Before a battle, each trainer would choose what their side of the battlefield would be. O:

Slowbro said:
P.DelSlayer said:
Like Compoundeyes?

Yeah, but only for Status moves and given to a wider range of Pokemon.

Just thought of another one:

Dream Warrior
At the start of a battle, the Pokemon receives a SLEEP status condition, but can fight normally as if still awake...

Would grant immunity to status conditions, but leave the Pokemon permanently vulnerable to moves like Dream Eater and Nightmare.

J.D. said:
Just thought of another one:

Dream Warrior
At the start of a battle, the Pokemon receives a SLEEP status condition, but can fight normally as if still awake...

Would grant immunity to status conditions, but leave the Pokemon permanently vulnerable to moves like Dream Eater and Nightmare.

That is actually a really cool concept, and I would love to see that implemented in the games.

Fidgety- the Pokémon is unable to stay still when HP is 50% or lower. It's evasiveness rises. However, it's accuracy is slightly lowered.

Ability Ideas
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Electrosac - Every time the Pokémon receives damage from Electric attacks, each of the Pokémon's Electric attacks does 10% more damage.
Pokémon with this ability: Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu, Pachirisu, Emolga, etc.

Instant Creep - At the beginning of battle, the Pokémon lowers the opponent Pokémon's Defense and Special Defense by 1 stage.
Pokémon with this ability: Sableye, Absol, Duskull, Dusclops, Dusknoir, etc.

Extra Pocket - The Pokémon can hold 2 items and use both of their effects.
Pokémon with this ability: Munchlax, Snorlax, Gulpin, Swalot, etc.

Peripheral Vision - In Double, Triple and Rotation battles, the Pokémon can hit all of the opponent Pokémon with 1 attack.
Pokémon with this ability: Yanma, Yanmega, Venonat, Venomoth, Beautifly, Dustox, etc.

Full-Belly - The Pokémon can't use any status, power-point or HP healing items during battle.
Pokémon with this ability: Munchlax, Snorlax, Spinda, Torkoal, etc.

Sharpshooter - The Pokémon always lands critical hits but at the cost of all damaging moves' base damages being lowered 25%.
Pokémon with this ability: Remoraid, Octillery, Horsea, Seadra, Kingdra, Gallade, etc.

Fast Pace - The Pokémon gets to attack 2 times for the first turn of a major battle (Gym Leader, Rival, Elite Four, Champion, Game Freak).
Pokémon with this ability: Skitty, Delcatty, Nincada, Ninjask, Shedinja, Shelmet, Accelgor, etc.

Cosmic Mirror - Same as Synchronize, but with damage instead of Status.
Pokémon with this ability: Baltoy, Claydol, Bronzor, Bronzong, Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle, etc.

Sleepy Eyes - The opponent Pokémon's accuracy is lowered every turn that the opposing Pokémon is Asleep.
Pokémon with this ability: Hoothoot, Noctowl, Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Happiny, Chansey, Blissey, etc.

Series Shot - The Pokémon is protected from all Status Conditions during battle.
Pokémon with this ability: Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Bellossom, Spinarak, Ariados, etc.

Computized - The Pokémon can use man-made items as held objects such as Potions (to heal) and Pokéballs (when attacked physically, tries to capture the opposing wild Pokémon), etc.
Pokémon with this ability: Porygon, Porygon2, Porygon-Z, Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone, etc.

GoobieDoob said:
Ability Ideas
Electrosac - Every time the Pokémon receives damage from Electric attacks, each of the Pokémon's Electric attacks does 10% more damage.

Instant Creep - At the beginning of battle, the Pokémon lowers the opponent Pokémon's Defense and Special Defense by 3 stages.

Peripheral Vision - In Double, Triple and Rotation battles, the Pokémon can hit all of the opponent Pokémon with 1 attack.
Pokémon with this ability: Yanma, Yanmega, Venonat, Venomoth, Beautifly, Dustox, etc.

Full-Belly - The Pokémon can't use any status, power-point or HP healing items during battle.

Sharpshooter - The Pokémon always lands critical hits but at the cost of all damaging moves' base damages being lowered 5%.
Pokémon with this ability: Remoraid, Octillery, Horsea, Seadra, Kingdra, Gallade, etc.

Fast Pace - The Pokémon gets to attack 2 times for the first 3 turns of a major battle (Gym Leader, Rival, Elite Four, Champion, Game Freak).
Pokémon with this ability: Skitty, Delcatty, Nincada, Ninjask, Shedinja, Shelmet, Accelgor, etc.

Pokémon with this ability: Baltoy, Claydol, Bronzor, Bronzong, Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle, etc.

Sleepy Eyes - The opponent Pokémon's accuracy is lowered every turn it is Asleep.
Pokémon with this ability: Hoothoot, Noctowl, Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Happiny, Chansey, Blissey, etc.

Series Shot - The Pokémon is protected from all Status Conditions
Pokémon with this ability: Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Bellossom, Spinarak, Ariados, etc.

Computized - The Pokémon can use man-made items as held objects such as Potions (to heal) and Pokéballs (when attacked physically, tries to capture the opposing wild Pokémon), etc.
Pokémon with this ability: Porygon, Porygon2, Porygon-Z, Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone, etc.

I really like the Computized one. Now I want it!

jdivinity said:
I really like the Computized one. Now I want it!

Thanks! Any others you like? I can't believe I made those off the top of my head :cool:
Also, I really liked the name for Instant Creep. It started off as Instacreep. I could change it if you guys want.

GoobieDoob said:
Ability Ideas

Do you mean the opposing pokemon receives 10% more damage or that your pokemon receives 10% more damage?

GoobieDoob said:
Ability Ideas

Instant Creep - At the beginning of battle, the Pokémon lowers the opponent Pokémon's Defense and Special Defense by 3 stages.

Sharpshooter - The Pokémon always lands critical hits but at the cost of all damaging moves' base damages being lowered 5%.

Fast Pace - The Pokémon gets to attack 2 times for the first 3 turns of a major battle (Gym Leader, Rival, Elite Four, Champion, Game Freak).

Sleepy Eyes - The opponent Pokémon's accuracy is lowered every turn it is Asleep.

Series Shot - The Pokémon is protected from all Status Conditions

I do like some of these. But I feel like others are way too powerful of abilities. Dropping both defense and special defense by 3 stages is a little too much, and always landing critical hits and attacking twice per turn are almost the same thing in that they are way to overpowered.

I do like some of the others though :)

Back