NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

MountainDrew said:
The Saints had a bad need for the safety position, and I was very pleased when they picked Kenny Vaccaro. I was also very surprised that the Bills picked EJ Manuel instead of Geno Smith, because in college EJ Manuel threw a lot of interceptions.
I agree. Maybe they saw some future talent in EJ?

Tails said:
CCloud said:
I think the Cowboys reached for their pick. Granted, offensive linemen were flying off the boards, but still; not good value while other teams were getting players like Jarvis Jones and Star Lotulelei in the mid-first round.

I can say it's a reach, but the Giants and Bears also reached for their O-Linemen picks too. Travis Frederick is still a better athlete then either Phil Costa or Ryan Cook.

SDB, just be glad Jerry Jones didn't pull a Buffalo Bills.

The best selections in the first round were Lotulelei to the Panthers; Vaccaro to the Saints; Floyd to the Vikings; Hopkins to the Texans; Williams to the Broncos; Elam to the Ravens; and, as much as I hate to admit it, Jones to the Steelers.

All that time Geno Smith was waiting, only to be drafted by the Jets. That's an ill fate I would never wish on anyone.

Gavin Escobar for Dallas? A peculiar selection; but we're now getting into a league where you need two good pass-catching tight ends to get somewhere.

Tails said:
Gavin Escobar for Dallas? A peculiar selection; but we're now getting into a league where you need two good pass-catching tight ends to get somewhere.

Agree with ya on that but we still need more on the O line and D line now.
Let's hope JJ dosen't screw up the rest of the draft for my Boys.

Well, Dallas just drafted a Safety; JJ Wilcox from Georgia Southern.

This was after two receivers; Escobar and Terrance Williams went with their previous two picks.

I cant believe Matt Barkley wasnt picked yet. Also I really think the Rams will be really good now that they have a pair of receivers like Tavon Austin, and Stedman Bailey.

Well, most teams aren't wanting to draft a Southern Cal QB and have him eventually start, especially after Matt Leinart bombed in the desert and Mark Sanchez is royally sucking in the Big Apple.

Matt Barkley to the Iggles.

Then Ryan Nassib was taken shortly after by division rival New York. Tyler Wilson was drafted two picks later to Chokeland.

Dallas has been mostly on the Defensive side of the ball, although their last pick was J. Randle, a RB from Oklahoma State.

Tails said:
Dallas has been mostly on the Defensive side of the ball, although their last pick was J. Randle, a RB from Oklahoma State.

Well at least it wasn't as bad as I thought it was (we do need a RB after all), but still Dallas got jipped this year, by trading the 18th pick to the 49ers, now the 9ers are def winning the Super Bowl this year.

And Sanchez and Tebow are both goners now that the Jets got Smith (really Jets another QB? that makes what 6 QBs now?) Kinda feel bad for Smith tho he gets picked by the dumbest team in the league.

If the Jets do end up getting rid of both Sanchez and Tebow I'd love to see Tebow either end up in Dallas (at least he's a lil better than Kitna, and maybe just maybe give Romo some lucky charms) or New England (he'll be a god if he goes to the Patriots esp if he learns from the greatest QB ever in Tom Brady), and Sanchez can go to the Jaguars (they got nothing for the QB position).

My 3 cents, and a nickel.

Most are upset that Dallas didn't get more from San Francisco especially after Minnesota gave New England a 2nd, 3rd and 4th round pick to get back into the 1st round and pick Corradelle Patterson.

Lehigh WR Ryan Spadola has signed an undrafted free agent contract with the New York Jets. A New Jersey native, he won't have to play too far from home if he would see the field as a Jet.

Former Arkansas State QB Ryan Aplin, who had broken sixteen school records in his four years starting with the Red Wolves, has reportedly signed an undrafted free agent contract with the Browns.

Tails said:
Most are upset that Dallas didn't get more from San Francisco especially after Minnesota gave New England a 2nd, 3rd and 4th round pick to get back into the 1st round and pick Corradelle Patterson.

Least I'm not 1 of the many Cowboys fan who aren't slamming the moves we made (lot of Cowboys fans who aren't really fans are crying foul in the draft for no reason) altho the deal with the 9ers was kinda odd (we got nothing in return for the pick swap) but still at least Jones didn't screw up the Boys draft, I say we did decent this time, only time will tell when the season starts.

And the Patriots are once again building thru the later rounds as usual (it is a smart move after all).

CCloud said:
The Niners aren't a lock to win anything. Still games to be played.

That remains to be seen altho they kinda overdid on the roster they went over the 53-man limit.

Yes we will wait and see how this season starts out.

SuperHyperKirliafan89 said:
Least I'm not 1 of the many Cowboys fan who aren't slamming the moves we made (lot of Cowboys fans who aren't really fans are crying foul in the draft for no reason) altho the deal with the 9ers was kinda odd (we got nothing in return for the pick swap) but still at least Jones didn't screw up the Boys draft, I say we did decent this time, only time will tell when the season starts.

Yeah, Dallas kind of got shafted with their placement, in which every top O-Linemen went off the boards, the the D-Linemen they coveted were off the boards too at #18.

Travis Frederick should fit in nicely with the offensive line, and his flexibility to play either Center or Guard, means that Mackenzie Bernadeau and Doug Free should be going bye-bye. (At least Free, because he has rejected taking a pay cut.)

Back