NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

We can work around it when that time comes, but servers aren't open yet for fantasy football, and won't be until some time in June. Just gauging interest at the moment.

Since I'm a big Cowboys fan (grew up during the 90s when they were unstoppable) I'm stunned by the Romo signing.

Why is it that my favorite NFL team must suffer?

We may have upgraded on D Romo is still there running the O as QB.

Its almost as bad as the Flacco signing. (Woulda been worse had Romo won the SB last year)

SuperHyperKirliafan89 said:
Since I'm a big Cowboys fan (grew up during the 90s when they were unstoppable) I'm stunned by the Romo signing.

Why is it that my favorite NFL team must suffer?

We may have upgraded on D Romo is still there running the O as QB.

The Offensive Line is full of holes, at least 2 of the first 3 picks need to be on the offensive line. I know Safety is a problem, but the Offensive Line is much more of an issue.

And besides, old age and free agency destroyed the dynasty that was the 90's Dallas Cowboys.

The Offensive Line is full of holes, at least 2 of the first 3 picks need to be on the offensive line. I know Safety is a problem, but the Offensive Line is much more of an issue.

And besides, old age and free agency destroyed the dynasty that was the 90's Dallas Cowboys.
[/quote]

Agreed then again knowing Jerry Jones he'll continue to keep picking players that come out of his Alma-Mater.

And yes but Jerry Jones was the 1 who ruined that dynasty as well with the way he ran Jimmie Johnson out had that not happened Dallas woulda won 2 more SBs (more or less beat both the 9ers and Packers during their SB winning seasons).

While people bag on Jerry Jones, he has made some good picks recently, DeMarcus Ware, Jason Witten, Sean Lee, Bruce Carter and Morris Claiborne.

Of course, there are horrible picks like the entire 2009 NFL Draft...ugh...

Agreed then again knowing Jerry Jones he'll continue to keep picking players that come out of his Alma-Mater.

And yes but Jerry Jones was the 1 who ruined that dynasty as well with the way he ran Jimmie Johnson out had that not happened Dallas woulda won 2 more SBs (more or less beat both the 9ers and Packers during their SB winning seasons).

>Cowboys draft Tyler Wilson
>Cowboys fans pissed
>Romo sucks, gets benched despite contract
>Orton gets injured
>Wilson steps in and Cowboys go to the playoffs then win the Super Bowl

CCloud said:

>Cowboys fans pissed
>Orton gets injured

That'll be a dream come true if he does get us a SB title but we have the 18th pick (unless the 17 teams before Dallas passes on him I highly doubt it altho lately JJ hasn't been picking people out of Arkanas lately, only way we land him is if a miracle trade happens)

He's a QB isn't he?

Yes, he's a QB. Some people are projecting him to go in the first round while others later, but I highly doubt the Cowboys will go after a QB in the first round with all their other needs.

CCloud said:
Yes, he's a QB. Some people are projecting him to go in the first round while others later, but I highly doubt the Cowboys will go after a QB in the first round with all their other needs.

Yea but with Jerry Jones running that team they're bound to waste a pick on something bad (unless its for the O Line)

Tails said:
While people bag on Jerry Jones, he has made some good picks recently, DeMarcus Ware, Jason Witten, Sean Lee, Bruce Carter and Morris Claiborne.

Of course, there are horrible picks like the entire 2009 NFL Draft...ugh...

Agreed the 2009 Draft was really bad (really Jets you trade up to draft a QB that now sucks)
I kinda thought Tebow would end up going in the 2nd round and thought he had a future in Denver (shoulda kept him rather than send him to Ryan-Land in NYC).

CCloud said:

>Cowboys fans pissed
>Orton gets injured

>Wilson sticks the ring finger up at poor Tony Romo.
>Tony Romo retires, becomes a PGA Tour regular.
>Actually wins something important, in the PGA.

EDIT: I think Romo's a good guy, he's just an average QB.

I don't think the cowboys will be going to the playoffs any time soon because the Redskins and the Giants, two good teams (better IMO) are in there division and the NFC wildcard is really hard to get now with the Seahawks/9ers going for it, (2/3 of these teams) the Vikings, Packers, and Bears, then there's the Aints and the division competition.

Tails said:
CCloud said:
>Cowboys fans pissed
>Orton gets injured

>Wilson sticks the ring finger up at poor Tony Romo.
>Tony Romo retires, becomes a PGA Tour regular.
>Actually wins something important, in the PGA.

EDIT: I think Romo's a good guy, he's just an average QB.

I agree Romo's a good guy I should thank him for his jerseys I bought (was really hard to find a Cowboys jersey where I'm in NH (nothing but Patriots gear)

Smeargle said:
I don't think the cowboys will be going to the playoffs any time soon because the Redskins and the Giants, two good teams (better IMO) are in there division and the NFC wildcard is really hard to get now with the Seahawks/9ers going for it, (2/3 of these teams) the Vikings, Packers, and Bears, then there's the Aints and the division competition.

Agree with ya on that Smeargle for the time being I can still cheer for em thats what makes me a fan.

CCloud said:
Oh man... even SDB is calling for Romo's head now

But, I don't think they should draft Romo's replacement in this year's Draft. There are far greater concerns then grooming a successor at the QB position.

You guys are idiots. Romo is good he just does not make the right throw in the 2 minute drive when the game matters

vWquaDK.png

If Romo had the stats he has playing in Dallas while playing for a team like Arizona or Jacksonville, he probably wouldn't bring some much ire from fans.

But, because he's the QB for the Dallas Cowboys, a position held by 2 of the greatest Dallas Cowboys players in Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman, the position comes with the challenge of "winning now".

He's the biggest lightningrod as a player on the biggest lightningrod professional team outside of the NY Yankees, he's reviled, and the constant spacegoat for Dallas's pratfalls and problems.

Yep, the Cowboys are probably the most polarizing team in the NFL, aside from the Patriots. Fans of the team hate how Romo chokes in key situations, and the haters relish when he does. Either way, Romo's every move is under mass scrutiny.

Back