BW/BW2 Odd number pattern in Generations?

No I mean I never noticed the stuff like gen 1 and 3 having a crab-like Pokemon, humanshape pokemon, seal pokemon and ect when 2 and 4 didn't.

Wow, I didn't even realize someone made that Bug/Grass comment. Yeah, in addition to Paras and Parasect there was that stupid bagworm in Gen 4 that could be Bug/Grass.

Bug/Grass is one of the worst combos in the game though, just as bad as Bug/Flying :/ Even if it was brand new, it's absolutely horrible. 4x weak to fire AND flying, plus weaknesses to bug, ice and poison.

Nice theory. Hoping some of it comes true and it might seem a little more possible since we wont be able to actually see some/most of the previous 493 Pokemon till later in the games.

What I'm wondering is how GameFreak and Nintendo will approach the upcoming Nintendo 3DS.

Obviously Black and White will come out for the Nintendo DS/DS Lite/DSi/DS XL, but will they make Ruby and Sapphire remakes for the Nintendo DS or the 3DS?

The Nintendo 3DS's release date is really close and I remember reading somewhere that the Pokemon Company was working rather closely with the 3DS development team.

So...Will they make new games for the 3DS or just make R/S Remakes for the DS or take the R/S remakes to the 3DS...

Only time will tell, right.​

idk if theres gonna be a R/S remake and plz dont say they have to! they did it with almost all the other games!! idts mainly cuz you can get a kanto and hoen starter in HG/SS. the kanto starter is obv cuz its connected to kanto but the hoenn one makes me think that there might be no remake

What it really feels like is a rehashing of old pokemon mixed with new.So that the feel could possibly feel the same and the experience remains intact to keep the same addictive formula.

I wish the trend on Magikarp ---> Gyarados, and Feebas ---> Milotic would continue in Gen V.

It seems highly unlikely. Milotic is the female counterpart to Gyarados. There's only two genders. Well, they COULD do it again, but I don't think they should.

There does seem to be a trend alright. This is the (very general) way things have gone:

Gen 1: New pokemon
Gen 2: Some new pokemon, lots of evos/prevos of previous generations.
Gen 3: New pokemon
Gen 4: Some new pokemon, lots of evos/prevos of previous generations.
Gen 5: New pokemon

Every second generation seems to bring a plethora of new pokemon, focusing on the new rather than the old. DPPt felt like a cop-out with all the old pokemon - this generation should be much better, like Hoenn was. Fresh new pokemon in the way of Generation 1.

tyking16 said:
Especially since it's the first Bug/Grass pokemon. Yay for new typings :D
The first one? lol xD

Paras = Bug/Grass
Parasect = Bug/Grass
Wormadam (Grass) = Bug/Grass

Edit: Sorry didn't see all the other comments, but Wormadam is also Bug/Grass.

Edit2: Nevermind, Wormadam was already pointed out ._.
Zalman said:
It seems highly unlikely. Milotic is the female counterpart to Gyarados. There's only two genders. Well, they COULD do it again, but I don't think they should.
Magikarp/Gyarados represent weak becoming strong.
Feebas/Milotic represent ugly becoming beauty. (Milotic also to promote the contests)

Learn the facts people ._.

Zalman said:

Actually, Milotic could be seem as the Contest counterpart of Gyarados, since she is focused in beauty and he is focused in battling. So we could get a Musicals counterpart of them.
Fishermen with 6 Magikarps would be mad if not :D

What about Psychic gym?
Generation 1: Sabrina
Generation 2: None
Generation 3: Tate and Liza
Generation 4: None
Generation 5: ?

Just noticed that!!!

Then we most likely get one this time... but I wouldn't call it a part of the odd-numbered stuff... cause isn't it random every gen? XD

Mucrush said:
Then we most likely get one this time... but I wouldn't call it a part of the odd-numbered stuff... cause isn't it random every gen? XD
No it's not. Well, at least on in the second generation. Since Kanto's in the game too, they only picked new types for the gym leaders and the elite four. They covered every single type except for Ground, but that's pretty much Brock's second type.

I think they do prevent using the same types over again. I just hope there won't be any Rock gym this time...

Back