Official Video Games Discussion Thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been glancing through trailers from E3, and I have to say I'm really looking forward to Kirby's Epic Yarn. It just looks so fun.

Also I've been doing a lot of research on Conduit 2. Gameplay vids, interviews, etc. There's going to be some awesome things going on, like 7 new weapons (4 of which have been revealed), most of the original 18 are going to have secondary effects. There's also going to be perks you can add to your character, like Heavy Armor that reduces damage you take, but makes you move slower. There's even one that lets you shoot allies to heal them.

But most of all, I'm loving what seems to be the boxart for the next game.

Conduit-2-Boxart.png

Can you say Mr. Ford isn't happy with John Adams? I think you can.

The Fallen One said:
HALO.

But most of all, I'm loving what seems to be the boxart for the next game.

buy-halo-reach-box-art.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist! The box art does look pretty cool.

Anwyay, I actually never played a Mortal Kombat game. I grew up with Street Fighter, but the new one actually looks pretty cool.

Gale said:

Anwyay, I actually never played a Mortal Kombat game. I grew up with Street Fighter, but the new one actually looks pretty cool.

Yeah it's kind of hard to avoid it looking like Mjolnr armor since it's a Sci-fi shooter with full body armor. :p

Gale said:

Yeah I grew up with Mortal Kombat more than Street Fighter but I was in the middle between. I'm still disappointed that the new MK's character designs aren't as life like as the first three games from the 90's.

I just can't help but feel disappointed everytime a new retro remake is released kinda like how Mega Man 10 sucked really bad even though it was brand new while staying to it's classic roots.

You know, the reason I haven't kept this topic alive is the same reason why I'm posting here now. Starcraft 2 came out on the 27th and... I'm pretty much as addicted to it as I was the original. Except this time I can actually play against people online. Most of them do really stupid Terran wall builds (Zerg player here), and a lot of them just aren't good at the game. As far as actual changes to the game go, there's obviously no LAN support, and the Phoenix is apparently a pretty good Overlord kind of thing for Protoss. I haven't really played as many matches as I should have against random people, but I've been playing against my friends just trying new things out.

Now it's my theory, that everyone on PokeBeach is a nerd, but not a big enough nerd to like Starcraft. Is this true?

I've never played StarCraft before, but I've heard it's good. Maybe someday I'll check it out.

In other news, I preordered Conduit 2 and the OFFICIAL box art is out.

4841396000_146f57659c.jpg

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/07/29/conduit-2-official-boxart-revealed/

Gale said:
I just want to clear this up, this is the real box art.

halo_reach_box_art.jpg

Even better, amirite?

EDIT: I also played a bit of Starcraft 2 at my cousin's while on vacation, and I thought it was pretty good. I couldn't play too much to form an opinion on it though, since my cousin was playing the trial version.

Luigi's Mansion is so freaking fun. I had to write about this somewhere. So today I bought a used copy at GameStop (I've beaten it before but didn't own it and thought I should, especially at a 15$ price) and basically I beat it in about 3 or 4 hours and got a Rank A mansion at the end (103,256,000 G iirc) and only died once on my first try on the final boss. Chances are this isn't that amazing to some people, but I still feel proud of myself.

^I actually like Luigi's Mansion's 4-5 hour story. To me, it's the absolutely perfect game to pull an all-nighter with. Start at midnight or something, when everything in your house is dark and quiet, and no one else is awake. Then boot up Luigi's Mansion and play until you finish it, usually at 4 or 5 a.m.

The quiet, dark atmosphere of the mansion is very nice :>

Yeah I did it from like 9-1. A bit early, but fun nonetheless.

Meaty said:
Luigi's Mansion is so freaking fun. I had to write about this somewhere. So today I bought a used copy at GameStop (I've beaten it before but didn't own it and thought I should, especially at a 15$ price) and basically I beat it in about 3 or 4 hours and got a Rank A mansion at the end (103,256,000 G iirc) and only died once on my first try on the final boss. Chances are this isn't that amazing to some people, but I still feel proud of myself.

Dude this is my favorite video game ever. I LOVE Luigi's Mansion, and I love it still. I hope they make a Luigis's Mansion 2.

I've had CoD 2 for a long time now, and I just started playing multiplayer a few days ago. It was so nostalgic and fun! Have you guys ever played Cod 2 online before?

Pokeman said:
Dude this is my favorite video game ever. I LOVE Luigi's Mansion, and I love it still. I hope they make a Luigis's Mansion 2.
Yeah I want a sequel on Wii, or 3DS. NOT a 3DS remake, a sequel. Either seems rather likely though because they talked about how Luigi's Mansion was actually the first game they tried using the 3D effect on.

Mr. Random said:
I've had CoD 2 for a long time now, and I just started playing multiplayer a few days ago. It was so nostalgic and fun! Have you guys ever played Cod 2 online before?

cod2 is the best call of duty game, no questions asked. that game was balanced, the maps were cool, everything about it was just right for a call of duty game.

Meaty said:
Yeah I want a sequel on Wii, or 3DS. NOT a 3DS remake, a sequel. Either seems rather likely though because they talked about how Luigi's Mansion was actually the first game they tried using the 3D effect on.

Wait they might be coming out with it for the 3DS?

Nothing's confirmed but I read that they first tried the whole 3D thing in the GameCube era and first tested it on the game Luigi's Mansion. I'm hoping that they're hinting at something here...

While I would love a Luigi's Mansion sequel/remake on either the Wii/3DS, it seems like the Wii is more tailor made for it.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
While I would love a Luigi's Mansion sequel/remake on either the Wii/3DS, it seems like the Wii is more tailor made for it.

dmaster out.

i agree dude but i didnt know they were makin luigis mansion on wii awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back