OLD: The Fake Card Resources and Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Fake Card Resources and Help (Ask questions, post blanks, etc.)

Thanks, Arceus507 -- I've made a Basic Psychic Prime (on Page 4) based on the existing blanks, but it's always good to see blanks based on scans! More variety is always good!

http://www.n-sane.net/index.php
^this is a site with a lot of good Photoshop tuts, could be useful for backgrounds, etc.

It is outdated, though, but some stuff is pretty cool

Does anyone know how to make Energies with Pokemon silhouettes in the background? (Like with the HGSS and COL ones.)

@Charganium: As far as the silhouettes themselves go -- best bet is to use Photoshop and just use a color overlay layer style on the Pokémon artwork. As far as the cards themselves are concerned...unfortunately, there are no released blanks for Energy.

@Charganium: AdamM made me some really large silhouettes of the Energy symbols. You can PM him asking if you can use those symbols.

Thanks, guys. I think I'll try and find a scan of a basic energy and edit it as needed.

I've made my own of those Charg, heres a few examples :

glr191___flying_energy_by_aschefield101-d3b403a.png
glr192___ghost_energy_by_aschefield101-d3b400w.png

Its basically a case of finding a pokemon image (you can try ken sugimori's art via : this link) covering it in the colour you wish and/or changing its effect via filters (should you need to)

There is a .PSD somewhere on here from CascadeGonpory (might aslo be on his deviantArt page) that has all the basic stuff for blank Energy cards, if that helps.

Sadly I didn't realise this until I had edited existing official ones and made my own -_-

I just so happen to have a PSD with energy card parts, and as far as I know, PSD files are openable with GIMP (Tried it on my mac)

Is attached to this post... I think.

WUUUT? I CAN'T FIND IT... I'll go look, but I doubt I still have it... I have 2 PNG files, so, they'll do for now...

Attachments

• Energy 1.jpg
    Energy 1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Energy 2.jpg
    Energy 2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 47
RE: Fake Card Resources/Help thread.

For some reason I just realized I don't have a normal sheet of holofoil... just around 20 custom kinds. And I can't figure out how to make a holofoil sheet transparent either.

EDIT: How would you word a 'body that raises HP? "gets more HP"? "HP is increased"? Help!

~SS

Usually, powers/bodies like that are worded "...gets +x HP..." See Metagross (SV7)'s body..."Each Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponent's) gets -20 HP. No more than 20 HP can be reduced by all Gravitation Poké-Bodies." Similar wording -- just replace the minus symbol with a plus sign. I think that's what you're going for at least.

Nod3: the energy blanks are really good but the basic energy is a bit outdated. The HGSS energy cards have a different (i really have no idea what to call it but you'll know what i mean) "wisp" around the symbol than DP enery cards. HGSS have the same "wisp" as the special energy and sets from ex series lower. i'd be very happy if you could fix those so that i can start to work on my new set.

@Shinx : If you use Photoshop you'd have to bring it down to filters really (as attempting to remove (for example the older black holosheets) the black would mostly result in a really bad end image, choppy/pixelated etc.)

I've got a few holosheets on my DA page under "card resources" if any of those are of use to ya.

For borders:
  • 2 Layers.
  • Top Layer = Hard Light, 75% Opacity.
  • Bottom Layer = Color Dodge, 100% Opacity.

For Illustrations:
  • 5+ Layers.
  • Top Layer = Pokemon image (preferably transparent background where applicable).
  • Second Layer = HoloSheet Hard Light, 50% Opacity.
  • Third Layer = HoloSheet Color Dodge 100% Opacity.
  • Fourth and Fifth Layers = General colour blurring to either darken or lighten certain areas of the image (to allow or not allow the holosheet to show. Can be placed above 2nd/3rd, or kept here)
  • Sixth Layer = Object/shape background. Example below of the black style orbs behind Reshiram.
  • Bottom Layer = Black Background shape (not always necessary, but helps if using multiple layer backgrounds needing filters).

Example for the above is my Reshiram card :
le38___reshiram_by_aschefield101-d3c4zm5.png

I've had trouble with that one too tbh Glis. In the end I ripped the text off a scanned card and re-coloured.

I think ripping might be your best bet, Gliscor. I've tried multiple font identifier programs, and haven't come up with anything. Sorry bud!

Is anyone able to provide me with a rip for the Energy thing? I've been having a really hard time doing one =/

I tried doing one a while ago - it seems pretty impossible bro.

If you mean the actual word "ENERGY"? This ones taken from my BW Energy cards :

ENERGY.png

Will need the "darken" filter on in order to merge it with a background image (if using Photoshop) unless ofc you cut out the light grey bits carefully :)

Hope thats what you meant Glis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back