OLD: The Fake Card Resources and Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Fake Card Resources and Help

Here's something that I just made for anyone needing an expanded holosheet (for jumbo cards and such)...
Sorry if it looks a bit off. I free-formed the "stars" on Paint. I made them smooth and glowy on GIMP.
jumbo_holofoil_v2_by_karite_kita_neko-d3gy24w.png

I hope it proves useful!

Don't think I posted this anywhere, but here's the link to the Neo Redux blanks; the old post has a lot of broken links. I haven't updated it with each blank yet, so if there's one that isn't up (most Stage 1 and 2), let me know and I'll get it for you. :)

Refractor foil? You can haz.

refractor_foil_by_karite_kita_neko-d3j0vl1.png

I'm no expert at blending in foil layers, but it seems to work fine on most blanks using a Multiply blending mode, Hard Light for Dark-type blanks.

---

And though most people will still probably stick with yugiohcardmaker.net or Magic Set Editor, I made some Yu-Gi-Oh! card blanks for anyone interested. Everything here was made from scratch; nothing was ripped from official cards. Feel free to use these, no credit required.

< Click the thumbnail for full-view.

From left to right, top to bottom: Normal Monster, Effect Monster, Ritual Monster, Fusion Monster, Rainbow Monster (not official), Synchro Monster, Dark Synchro Monster, Exceed Monster, Spell Card, Trap Card, Divine (Slifer), Divine (Obelisk), Divine (Ra), Legendary Dragon, and Divine Fusion (not official).

Note: The "Rainbow Monster" template can actually be used as foil. Placing it over another template and applying certain blending modes can give your cards a reverse refractor foil effect.

Here are the Level/Rank stars to be used on these blanks...

level_rank_stars_by_karite_kita_neko-d3iqwhr.png
or
ygo_level_stars_v2_by_karite_kita_neko-d3ivr7n.png

And here is my failed attempt to make the attribute symbols...

ygo_attribute_symbols_by_karite_kita_neko-d3irgdf.png
or
attributes2.png

And to finish things off, here are the Spell/Trap type icons...

ygo_spell_and_trap_types_by_karite_kita_neko-d3is44a.png

And the lil' hologram square for the corner of the cards...

ygo_hologram_by_karite_kita_neko-d3is5cs.png

Here's an example of a card made with these supplies:

pikachuYGUcard2.png

ok..So what do we Do with these blanks? do we save the pictures and edit them in paint or something?

mlouden03 said:
ok..So what do we Do with these blanks? do we save the pictures and edit them in paint or something?

Some people use Paint, but programs like GIMP (free) and PhotoShop (not free) are much more reliable.

To clarify a bit more, you save the blanks as a picture and then open them up in an art program (preferably Gimp/Photoshop, but go for Photoshop if you can afford it). Then use the text tool in those programs to add the text, and add the images behind the blanks in the layer box.

Yeah, I meant to put all that.

<<

>>

Oh, look! A distraction~

refractor_foil_2_by_karite_kita_neko-d3j2lho.png

I figured not everyone would want all their refractor foils to have the
exact same foil, so to help those fakers be more realistic, here's another
refractor foil sheet. My first one can be found here or on the previous page.

Multiply blending mode with 80% opacity should work for most blanks.
Others should use Hard Light.

---

Here's a foil that is a bit less accurate, but gets the job done.
It's a glassy-style foil similar to the type used on the special Rotom cards.

glassy_foil_by_karite_kita_neko-d3j38s1.png

It works fine on most blanks using a Multiply or Grain Merge blending mode.

Gliscor said:
Can you provide a scan of the Mickey D cards? I don't know what the foil looks like.

EDIT: Found a scan on Pokebeach. The scan is very low quality, so I couldn't see the foil very well. I think it's this though: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/112/1/6/dot_foil_by_karite_kita_neko-d3elzgf.png

I got a happy meal last night, so I was able to get a nice view of the foil. XD

It actually uses more of an abstract confetti pattern than a rounded dot pattern. I can make out some triangles, squares, recatangles, hexagons, and a multitude of unidentifiable geometric and organic shapes. I can imagine it being difficult to replicate this foil perfectly, but one might be able to manage it by playing around with mosaic effects or distorting that dot foil you linked to.

---

In the meantime, here's an attempt to replicate the foil used on Ex: Deoxys alternate foils:

wheel_foil_by_karite_kita_neko-d3j5oaz.png

Applied example: [link]

---

EDIT: I tried to make the McDonald's promo foil:
[link removed - it looked horrible] See post #357 for better version.

Charganium said:
Thanks so much! Do you know what settings you should apply it with?

Updated the foil. Not sure if the one you saw when you posted was this one or not, so I'm posting to make sure.

Anyway, the settings really depend on the background you're placing it on. Multiply (80% Opacity) seems to work okay on lighter backgrounds, but not as much on darker backgrounds. For those darker backgrounds, Grain Merge seems to work okay. For backgrounds that have both light and dark colors, you may want to make multiple foil layers and tweak the blending modes.

I'm really no good at foil blending settings, you you can play around with it yourself or wait for one of the other fakers to experiment with it.

You're welcome. I hope it works okay. :)

---

Based on the foil used for the BW Battle Theme Deck Victini holos:

btv_star_foil_by_karite_kita_neko-d3j95xd.png

Applied example (Multiply, 60%): [link]

Nekoban Ryo said:
Refractor foil? You can haz.

refractor_foil_by_karite_kita_neko-d3j0vl1.png

I'm no expert at blending in foil layers, but it seems to work fine on most blanks using a Multiply blending mode, Hard Light for Dark-type blanks.

---

And though most people will still probably stick with yugiohcardmaker.net or Magic Set Editor, I made some Yu-Gi-Oh! card blanks for anyone interested. Everything here was made from scratch; nothing was ripped from official cards. Feel free to use these, no credit required.

< Click the thumbnail for full-view.

From left to right, top to bottom: Normal Monster, Effect Monster, Ritual Monster, Fusion Monster, Rainbow Monster (not official), Synchro Monster, Dark Synchro Monster, Exceed Monster, Spell Card, Trap Card, Divine (Slifer), Divine (Obelisk), Divine (Ra), Legendary Dragon, and Divine Fusion (not official).

Note: The "Rainbow Monster" template can actually be used as foil. Placing it over another template and applying certain blending modes can give your cards a reverse refractor foil effect.

Here are the Level/Rank stars to be used on these blanks...

level_rank_stars_by_karite_kita_neko-d3iqwhr.png
or
ygo_level_stars_v2_by_karite_kita_neko-d3ivr7n.png

And here is my failed attempt to make the attribute symbols...

ygo_attribute_symbols_by_karite_kita_neko-d3irgdf.png
or
attributes2.png

And to finish things off, here are the Spell/Trap type icons...

ygo_spell_and_trap_types_by_karite_kita_neko-d3is44a.png

And the lil' hologram square for the corner of the cards...

ygo_hologram_by_karite_kita_neko-d3is5cs.png

Here's an example of a card made with these supplies:

pikachuYGUcard2.png

The thumbnail link leads to the Refractor Foil.
Anyway, how do you blend foil into the blank/art on GIMP? Because I'm having trouble.

~SS

To apply a holosheet in Gimp, paste the holosheet on to the card, at in the layer box, make sure that the holosheet is only above the picture and the blank. From there in the layer box, set the holosheet's blending mode to Multiply, and lower the opacity to around 80 (this works for the holosheet you quoted).

Or you could copy your holosheet to the clipboard and use the paintbrush. (Just make sure that it's in the same place every time when you have to put on multiple layers.) Also, if you have to use Color Dodge, it's the same thing as Dodge. And your holosheet will almost never be on top of the Pokemon, energy symbols, and text, so put it on your background/blank and then put all that stuff on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back