OLD: The Fake Card Resources and Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Fake Card Resources and Help

Well I just switched from a PC to a Mac :)D) buuttt my PC had all of my card fonts on it... :/ Anyone know where I can get those fonts for Mac?

Can someone link me or give me a tutorial on how to make a fake card on gimp? I've been trying but I can't seem to get it. Also, when people post cards with resources such as the zoraork aschefield101 posted a bit earlier, how do I use them? Thank you so much! :D

dolphinluv2010 said:
Well I just switched from a PC to a Mac :)D) buuttt my PC had all of my card fonts on it... :/ Anyone know where I can get those fonts for Mac?

Welcome to Mac! You get the fonts the same place you got the original fonts, but the installation is just a bit different. =) You need to find the application Font Book (should be preinstalled) and just drag and drop. There's quite a few tutorials online if you get confused.

pokemonjoe said:
Can someone link me or give me a tutorial on how to make a fake card on gimp? I've been trying but I can't seem to get it. Also, when people post cards with resources such as the zoraork aschefield101 posted a bit earlier, how do I use them? Thank you so much! :D

I believe there's one by Aki on dA with a font guide. It's for HGSS, but can be adjusted for other series. The Zoroark asche posted was mainly to show off the UR/EX blanks he'll be releasing soon; there's nothing to use (yet). Hope this helps, joe!

It brings me to a page that doesn't exist. But I'd love to check it out

Hm...sorry about that. Evidently when you find something via search on dA it gives you a link that expires. Kind of annoying...

I've tried to edit the link, but if it still doesn't work, just go to dA and search for GIMP HGSS font guide.

@CMP: Could I copy the files from my old PC and install them on my Mac? I don't remember where I downloaded 'em all from... xD

Yeah, you could do that. There's 3 or 4 links in the first post of this thread too.

Sanvito Pro Regular. However, the only way to italicize this font is by using Photoshop, since Gimp can't italicize if I recall correctly (unless there's a Sanvito Pro Oblique/Italics font, which I doubt there is).

I need some amazing artwork of the Three Legendary beasts in their shiny forms. It has to fit on cards like my Shining cards in my Neo Revival set, so it has to be a good pose where all angles and appendages of the character can be seen.

Thanks!! =]

Only three shining cards left to go!

Aha! The pack artwork just might work...I might have to do some surgery though.

Thanks!! =]

So, new Dragon Type's to appear soon. How incredibly annoying to us as we'll have to now update templates lol..... Be nice to see what symbol they use though.

It's exciting, but I think a Poison or Ghost type would have been a better choice.

But I'm still a fan of the dragons! I have a few ideas once they release the new cards...

dolphinluv2010 said:
It's exciting, but I think a Poison or Ghost type would have been a better choice.

But I'm still a fan of the dragons! I have a few ideas once they release the new cards...

My issue is I'll have to rip the new type background for that + the icon, those things take weeks to get perfect lol :( (especially if they remain on the BW format, so its a new addition to my templates for basic, stage1, stage2, EX, SR, SR EX)

It wouldn't suprise me if they were similar - it wouldn't be the first time they've "borrowed" something from the fandom!

RE: BW Blanks

ShinyBill said:
and one more thing, font guide be here:

Thanks for that, very helpful indeed.

I have most of those fonts, since they're identical to the HGSS ones, but I don't have the "evolves from" font. What is it and where can I download it?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back