OLD: The Fake Card Resources and Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Fake Card Resources and Help

Your layout would be something similar to this (from the top layer to bottom layer) :
  • Pokemon rendered image.
  • HoloSheet - Color Dodge 70-100% opacity.
  • HoloSheet - Multiply, 30-60% opacity.
  • Background image.
Can play about with more filters/layers if you need, but I just tested out my v3. holosheet and only needed the above 2 holosheets. The holosheets btw should originally be 2 of the same image, aka duplicate the layers so you have 2 identical ones, then change the filters for each + opacity to get the desired result.

bw_holosheet_version_3_by_aschefield101-d46fdil.png

Resize the above to your desired dimensions :) - Hope that helps Yakob.

Ah. I was using the same technique I used for the old holofoils, IE cuttting a hole in the foil layer to the shape of the Pokémon so that the background became the only bit that was shiny, and then trying to apply the layers as per the instructions.

I'll give this a go later, thanks!

I've always found having the pokemon rendered as the top layer alot more clean, but then again I have been used to cutting out images for many years; so go with what you find easiest :)

RE: MAJOR UPDATE (11/4): Fake Card Resources and Help

Thank you to CMPer for updating the front page and making it look more pretty :D

omg yes

This is great. The way everything was just thrown together was off-putting, not to mention confusing. It looks very clean and professional now; thanks you two for fixing it up.

Also, might I suggest someone post a tutorial for how to effectively add holofoils? I see you talk about like blend this and blur that or whatever and I had no idea it was so complex; I just added the holofoil layer between the art and the background and figured I was done, lol.

That was all CMPer's work, my only contribution as of yet was the original source :p I'll try and update the front page here and there as new resources become available though :D

Thanks PMJ and Flameh!

A complete holo tutorial sounds like a great idea. Next holo card I make I'll do a step-by-step guide with pictures.

Wow.

This thread looks so great! I really how all the blanks are all together!

I'm glad it you like it, Charg! I've never seen blanks compiled like that so I figured it might be helpful.

Let me know if there's anything I can/should add, guys!

What are the fonts on gimp? I mean like, for flavor texts, attack text, etc.
ex: The font for the pokemon name is (insert font here)

This should be helpful, joe. For the most part, the fonts are the same across the board so you can adapt that guide to other blanks.

A tutorial on how to do FA-style cards would be nice.

PMJ said:
A tutorial on how to do FA-style cards would be nice.

FA style cards are essentially the same as a BW style card, except that everything has a White-White, Normal, 100% Outer Glow to it (the size of the glow is one iirc).

Just to let you all know, I'm working on remastering my blank sets, starting with the most current, that being B&W.

So far :
  • Trainer's : Item / Supporter / Stadium (HQ blanks, W.I.P).
  • Basic/Stage1/Stage2 : Need tweaking a bit more, type symbols updated, tided, etc.
  • SR : Border colour changed (to help better with reverse holosheets) and type symbols updated.
  • EX & SR EX : Borders changed as per above, type icons still to do.
I also hope to attempt some form of font guide for them, its a BIG hope as I never really get much time to undetake such a big and important thing such as those; but we'll see :)

I've literally just started and the trainer's are up first, the stadium one is almost done, just need to get rid of some highly annoying speckly type things and try and sort my font placements out.

Here's hoping you'll like em :)

Wait, BW Stadiums? That'd be cool. Also, since you're doing them, it'd be great to see a BW trainer font guide, or just a list of the right font/sizes to use, if you have them to hand.

Are there any HGSS stadiums? Sorry for derpy question, BTW.

^Yeah, there's a few... Ruins of Alph and Burned Tower spring to mind, from the Undaunted expansion.

YakobTheRed said:
Wait, BW Stadiums? That'd be cool. Also, since you're doing them, it'd be great to see a BW trainer font guide, or just a list of the right font/sizes to use, if you have them to hand.

Yeppers. Theres only one in existance atm and thats a promo, the Tropical Beach one. But I thought why not get all 3 done and out the way :D

I've almost done the Stadium one now, just getting placements sorted and such.

B&W Trainer cards pack has launched:

n.b. click the above image to go to my deviantart page where you can download the pack (.rar file can be opened in winzp or winrar)

Heres the Stadium card to look at, before you download the pack, should you wish to :

Trainers_Stadium.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back