OLD: The Fake Card Resources and Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Fake Card Resources and Help

New BW HoloSheet (for use with holosheet v3)

bw_holosheet_v4_by_aschefield101-d4i694s.png

# Top 2 layers = holosheet 4.
# Bottom layer = holosheet 3.

- 1st layer = holosheet 4, overlay, 40% opacity.
- 2nd layer = holosheet 4, multiply, 100% opacity.
- 3rd layer = holosheet 3, color dodge, 100% opacity.

bw_holosheet_version_3_by_aschefield101-d46fdil.png

Bung the above layers over your gradient background (3 colours black being the middle, with the 2 other colours being the same, e.g. red - black - red for fire types) and you'll get your B&W holostyle card sorted!

Very nice! I'm not too sure if I'm fond of the symbol yet (it doesn't scream Dragon to me), but I'm hoping it grows on me!

Same here kat. I'm waiting on the texture + reverseholo images now, to see how it pans out :)

Tried making a Redux blank for it...

Dratini4final.png

I like it -- not as much as Aki's, but it's still pretty good. I have a small-ish vectored version is anyone wants it. It was a quick mock-up, so I'm sure someone'll make a higher quality version later, though.

Excuse me, can someone please give me a working link to frutiger font download?

Also, how do you know what font is used for the name, pokedex text and etc.?

mpain0 said:
Also, how do you know what font is used for the name, pokedex text and etc.?

Excuse me, can someone please give me a working link to frutiger font download?

Try this site, its where I got mine- http://www.fontyukle.net/en/1,frutiger

And as for your other question, the name font (if you're making HGSS) it should be size 28, Gill Sans STD Bold and the Pokedex stats bar is Frutiger Roman size 9. :)

I also have a question. I have been thinking about printing some of my fakes, does anyone have any advise for printing? Such as type of cardstock and printing sizes?

What about attacks, damage, illustration and pokedex text box and HP?

@autobotchari: Best option is to open the card images in Microsoft Word and print them at 6.3 cm by 8.8 cm (2.48 inches by 3.46 inches). If you try to resize them in another program, it severely reduces the quality. Nothing you can really buy from a store is anywhere near similar enough to the actual cardstock used; while it might seem more realistic printing them on cardstock, I just print cards onto regular computer paper at the highest printer settings. Then I'll cut around the card border and glue it to the face of a real card. Usually looks good enough, and if you put them in sleeves, there will be enough reflection/sheen from the plastic that you won't be able to tell the difference at first glance.

@mpain0: What program are you using? I linked to both a Photoshop font guide and a GIMP font guide for HGSS blanks in the first post.

Bit busy atm (with the old republic launching and all, running a guild etc + work = less time) however with the English Kyurem card out, I can attempt to get the blanks almost done now, save for Dragon, huzzah!

If anyone does get a HQ version though can they fling it my way please, would be appreciated (as the current ones a bit blurr) :)

Does anyone know some energy symbols that could be used for the symbol in the top-right corner of a card, next to the HP? I'm working on a blank right now, but all of the symbols I'm finding are too small, so they don't look good when I resize them.

Any size as large or larger than the symbols used in the top-right of most cards should be fine. Preferably 50x50 or larger, though, so that I can resize them to how I need.

Which generation are you looking for? The symbols were pretty consistent up to HGSS and BW, where they changed slightly. Have you tried ripping them from existing blanks/scans? That might be your best bet, especially because scans larger than the ones PokéBeach provides are readily available using Google Image. If not, I might be able to. =)

It doesn't really matter what generation, though I suppose ones used during the ex-series. I might be able to find them somewhere. It's surprising someone hasn't already gotten them. What symbols are usually used when people make custom blanks? Custom symbols?

Nope, they usually just rip them from existing scans/blanks haha

EDIT: After some searching for large scans, the largest symbol I could rip from one of high-enough quality was 44x44. Usually, depending on blank size, normal size of the symbols are in the 30-ish range.

EDIT2: Just remembered the old Energy cards from the Neo-days had the same symbol in the upper portion. If you rip it, it'd be about 52x52. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back