One Piece

tomoyosfan1 said:
Have they said when the One Piece box sets will start coming out?

I think they said around late August or September. I'm not sure.

Also, is there an official date as to when the new dub will start up on Cartoon Network yet?

Hey, does anybody think the new dub could possibly revive the American One Piece Card Game as well? I sure hope so. I loved that game, it was hard to see it discontinued after just 2 sets... =/

masterryanx said:
Hey, does anybody think the new dub could possibly revive the American One Piece Card Game as well? I sure hope so. I loved that game, it was hard to see it discontinued after just 2 sets... =/

It very well could get continued, but probably only if the new dub is amazingly well-received. While it isn't what you want, there's a much better shot of a different card company picking up the license, but even that will need this new dub to be pretty popular. Who made the old TCG anyway?

tomoyosfan1 said:
masterryanx said:

It very well could get continued, but probably only if the new dub is amazingly well-received.  While it isn't what you want, there's a much better shot of a different card company picking up the license, but even that will need this new dub to be pretty popular.  Who made the old TCG anyway?

Bandai made it. And yes, I'd really like another company to have the license, as long as it pretty much the same game. Bandai tends to handle card games poorly. Naruto has got to be they're most successful yet, but that's just probably due to the fact it's a strong property.

Examples of poor handeling: The original Digimon game ran for bout 15 sets before it but the dust and suffered tons of mistranlations and all sorts of gameplay problems along the way, Digimon D-Tector, an original game got about 3 sets one of which only came out in Asia, and the Digimon CCG (newest version) was discontinued last year after 4 and numerous errors and gameplay problems, Teen Titans got 2 sets, Zatch Bell although quite successful ran for 4, Gundam War got about 4, and so-on-and-so-forth. You probably get the point. If brought back the One Piece CCG would be better left to someone like UpperDeck or Score...

masterryanx said:
tomoyosfan1 said:
masterryanx said:

It very well could get continued, but probably only if the new dub is amazingly well-received.  While it isn't what you want, there's a much better shot of a different card company picking up the license, but even that will need this new dub to be pretty popular.  Who made the old TCG anyway?

Bandai made it. And yes, I'd really like another company to have the license, as long as it pretty much the same game. Bandai tends to handle card games poorly. Naruto has got to be they're most successful yet, but that's just probably due to the fact it's a strong property.

Examples of poor handeling: The original Digimon game ran for bout 15 sets before it but the dust and suffered tons of mistranlations and all sorts of gameplay problems along the way, Digimon D-Tector, an original game got about 3 sets one of which only came out in Asia, and the Digimon CCG (newest version) was discontinued last year after 4 and numerous errors and gameplay problems, Teen Titans got 2 sets, Zatch Bell although quite successful ran for 4, Gundam War got about 4, and so-on-and-so-forth. You probably get the point. If brought back the One Piece CCG would be better left to someone like UpperDeck or Score...

Whatever you do, just hope that Wizards of the Coast doesn't get it. They seem to like making card games just so that when they reach their most successful point, they stop making the cards. The GI Joe was supposed to get a new set 9they actually showed scans of the cards) when they decided to stop the game and not sell the newest set. They also did this to the Star Wars TCG after the last movie had come out. The set was selling much better than predicted (most stores ordered extra shipments and WOTC actually did a second print run) when WOTC didn't do anything with the game for about 6 months (they never even updated their site which had been normally updated weekly) and they then announced that they would stop making the cards.

I agree with you, Score or Upperdeck would probably be the two best to make the license.

Yeah, I know what you mean about WotC, poor Duel Masters... I still think they killed it off just to push those players into Magic. =/

The only problem I have with Score though is they like making original games. I want the CCG to stay the same as it was under Bandai, a direct port of the Japanese version. Even if Score ends up making a OP CCG I'll play it anyway... ^ ^

Well, I'm back from Anime Expo! And there happened to be a few OP guests! I got something signed by the director of the anime Mr. Uda and had Mr. Inoe draw me a sketch! I'll busy now so I'll post pictures in the comings days! ;)

Back