PB Dream It & Design It: X & Y Starter Evolutions Contest! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

RE: PB Dream It & Design It: X & Y Starter Evolutions Contest!

http://steffenka.deviantart.com/art/Chespin-fake-line-396549696

Chespin-fake-line-396549696

Thats my entry :)

Chespin
Grass
"Despite having a curious nature that tends to get it in trouble, Chespin keeps an optimistic outlook and doesn't worry about small details."

Evolves at level 16

Pinpachin (PIN-PAlm-urCHIN) (Urchin is an old term for hedgehog)
Grass
"Despite keeping Chespins optimistic nature, it has lost its curious nature, and instead gained a love for battles."

Evolves at level 37

Pincospin (PIN-COconut-SPINa) (Spina is latin for thorn)
Grass/Dark
"It has lost its optimistic nature, and now gained a more serious nature. It often lives alone or in pairs in island forests."

At first I designed the final evo. I thought of palms with coconuts, to go along with Chespins Wood Hammer. The middle evo was designed to both resemble Chespin and Pincospin, with the tail developing its palm like structure.

RE: PokéBeach Dream It & Design It: X & Y Starter Evolutions Contest!

Evolucion final de Froakie

Froakie_XY.png

((Raninja)): El Rana ninja
Tipo:Agua/Lucha
Medidas: 1,75 -Peso:76
Es te pokémon vive en los bosque profundo donde hay mucho follaje y humedad.
Veloz y setero al atacar , es uno de los pokemon mas dificiles de capturar en su forma final

9frs.png

Felt like drawing Froakie's final evolution.
I apologize for the non-transparent background,SAI is really confusing.
This is also my first digital drawing,so there will be a lot of mistakes in shading,outline and all that good stuff.

Behold:

Toadunk Not good with names

2pm5.png

It usually lives in packs and is very defensive when startled. Despite it's appearance, its light body makes it very agile and almost impossible to hit with physical attacks.

RE: PokéBeach Dream It & Design It: X & Y Starter Evolutions Contest!

Wow I feel like all of the chespins look very realistic. Guess I will have to like the ones I like. :D

Fennekin
Pokebeach1_zps50820501.png

Name: Fennekin (fennec + kindle)
Species: Fox Pokémon
Type: Fire
Dex: Searing heat of up to 200 degrees blows from the ears of the Fire-type Pokémon. This Pokémon loves to snack on twigs.
Height: 1'4"
Weight: 20.7lbs

Fennekin (C) Pokémon

Kinvix

Pokebeach2_zpsac8dc01d.png

Name: Kinvix (kindle + vixen)
Species: Sly Pokemon
Type: Fire
Dex: They are often seen in small groups tricking others out of food. Quick and smart, they are hard to catch.
Height: 2'05"
Weight: 50.4 lbs

Higher quality in DeviantArt: http://otterrific.deviantart.com/art/Kinvix-Fennekin-Middle-Evolution-397514170

Pyrokinen

Pokebeach3_zpsb46b7fa0.png

Name: Pyrokinen (pyrokinesis + vixen or can also be seen as pyro + kindle + vixen)
Species: Cunning Pokemon
Type: Fire/Psychic
Dex: Said to have the ability to tell one's fortune, they are considered lucky. The gem on it's head emits strong power.
Height: 4'08"
Weight: 120.8 lbs

Higher quality in DeviantArt: http://otterrific.deviantart.com/art/Pyrokinen-Fennekin-Final-Evolution-397516776

This is probably the best I can do in Ken Sugimori style, at least for now. Im definitely not unsatisfied with the outcome, but I would like to practice more on the style later. Getting it down just right is pretty tricky. It was a blast and I learned a lot more about the style. :3 I cant even count the number of failed designs harmed in the making of these Pokemon. Really, it took forever getting the final products. But, like I said, it was fun! (talk about a last minute entree... phew)

Heads up that the Pokemon Direct may end up showing off the starter evolutions tomorrow morning! This will end the contest immediately if it happens, and judging will begin!

Get all of your votes or last minute entries in as soon as possible! If the Pokemon Direct doesn't show off the evolutions, this contest will continue to run through Thursday, September 5th at Midnight EST.

Okay, so no starter evolutions yet! However, if things stay true to previous reveals, we may get some next day tidbits. So there's still a chance! Be proactive and get those last minute votes and entries in!

Am I too late to give in an entry? My entry isn't too serious, I did it in Paint and is not made for looking fabulous. Just a rough design of what I think it will look like.

Here I go!

[/font]

Am I too late to give in an entry? My entry isn't too serious, I did it in Paint and is not made for looking fabulous. Just a rough design of what I think it will look like.

Here I go!

Chespike

The evolved form of Chespin. It is friendly pokemon when trainers bond with it, but if it is wild, it is menacing and cruel to other Pokemon.

Evolves at Lv. 17

Here I go!

Chespike

The evolved form of Chespin. It is friendly pokemon when trainers bond with it, but if it is wild, it is menacing and cruel to other Pokemon.

Evolves at Lv. 17

Type: Grass, Steel
Classification: Hedgehog Pokemon
Height: 3'02
Weight: 31 lbs

Am I too late to give in an entry? My entry isn't too serious, I did it in Paint and isn't really made for looking fabulous. Just a rough design of what I think it will look like.

Here I go!

Chespike

Evolves at Lv. 17

Type: Grass, Steel
Classification: Hedgehog Pokemon
Height: 3'02
Weight: 31 lbs

6 hours left for voting! Get those final votes in for your favorite entries! Winners will be announced next week!

That's it, all votes were counted by [smod]Ice Arceus[/smod] at Midnight. Entries and votes are now recorded. We will post here when the judges have reached a verdict on the winners and the results of awarding bonus points!

Wow, this is awesome. Talented artists here.
ZeNoodles's entry kinda looks like Seismitoad. :eek:

Well safe to guess Zielo will win. Those drawings got the most votes and are pretty decent.

Actuallyyy not necessarily. I may have the most votes member-wise, but the staff and admins have barely come to vote yet. Their votes will be what decides the winners. And right now, the standings aren't too far off and can easily be swayed with just one staff or admin. Currently the standings are (if my calculations are correct):
Me with 170 pts
Shiny scyther with 165 pts
ZeNoodles with 115 pts
(# of member votes x 5 + # of staff/admin votes x 10, since each member vote is 5 pts, and each staff/admin vote is 10)

But yeah. I'm pretty much on the edge of my seat here just waiting, checking a million times a day lol. Good luck to everyone else that entered. :)

Good luck to everyone who participated but it's safe to say that Zielo is guaranteed 100% to win.

lol on the official middle form evolutions in the latest Pokemon reveal, nobody's art entry here is particularly close, that's kind of funny! =P Now I'm eager to see if any of these resemble the final evolutionary forms whenever those leak.

Yeah I noticed that as well. None of ours look like the middle forms... not that its a bad thing, I just think no one expected what we got. :p
Everyone wanted a quadruped Fennekin, Froakie could have gone a lot of different ways, and I don't think anyone expected what we got with Chespin... xD

Jackie said:
lol on the official middle form evolutions in the latest Pokemon reveal, nobody's art entry here is particularly close, that's kind of funny! =P Now I'm eager to see if any of these resemble the final evolutionary forms whenever those leak.
Ah but zielo's fake mega garchomp has bits that look like the real one so we just got unlucky.

Back