Pokemon Playing Pokemon

Do you tell your friends that you play?

• Yes, I do tell

Votes: 59 67.0%
  • No, I keep it a secret

Votes: 29 33.0%

• Total voters
Wow! You started playing at 3 or 4? Do you understand anything about the games or whatever?

And, I guess, welcome back to this thread.

Ya, I had lots of school stuff so I could only post my new chapters on my fanfic and shakir99's fakemons.

Ya, I started playing real early. I'm not sure if I understood it well, but I could play Silver at the age of 5. I remember when I accidentally released Feraligatr and I only had Gyarados left. So I started to cry and my brother helped me and told me that I still had Gyarados and could still beat the league. Good, good moment. Anyways, I remember also when we moved to America I had to pick one of my favorite Pokemon Cards to take with me, since I guess, i don't know why, I could only take one. I opened up the binder and looked at the cards. My mom is screaming at me to hurry up or we might miss the plane. I flip through the pages and find my first card that my brother gave to me, Rhydon. That moment i put it in my pocket and ran down the stairs. I still have that card today, not in very good shape, but I still have it. That is burned into my memory.

Lol, well, I just pretty much trained one pokemon, my Totodile and then my brother caught Red Gyarados for me, thankfully, I trained it, and well, I beat the league with it, what can I say.

But when I think about it, I don't think I will buy the next Role Playing Pokemon Game, like D/P, I think it'l be the same stuff. But for PMD and Ranger 2, I am definitely getting. The normal Role Playing just isn't fun for me. I started a new game in Pearl and transfered 3 pokemon, Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon as my starters to spice it up a bit, but it still didn't make it fun. So I just gave up, you know.

Yeah....

I get bored with the RPG's too often, to be honest. I did like PMD, but, I kind of didn't like somethings. Although, it'll be intresting when I play Ranger for the first time...or I should just wait for Ranger 2, I guess.

I liked Ranger, but to beat Entei, the final boss, I had my friend help me :). I couldn't do it. I tried and tried and tried and tried and failed. Well, hopefully Ranger 2 will be even better. I loved Ranger and I will love Ranger 2. Well, hopefully, it'll be out sooner or later.

Lol, I think Ranger is the only game I ever needed help with (not including the use of guides). I used the Ranger Guide and I still couldn't figure it out. I was really hopeless...

I just got a DS for Christmas, so as you can imagine, I haven't played it yet.

Wait, I already said that, lol.

Anyway, I always buy the guide for every Pokemon game I buy. They are so handy for me you wouldn't believe it.

Hahahahaha....I only have PMD, Ranger, Emerald, and Firered and Leafgreen. The Firered and Leafgreen were a gift, I didn't need it. Same with Emerald. My friend found and extra on the floor at a hotel he went to for a vacation and gave it to me. I have played Ruby and Sapphire and Red, Blue, and Yellow so I knew the main plot of those 3 games. But Ranger and PMD, I needed help! I couldn't figure out what 1+1 was when I was playing PMD. But once I understood, it got pretty fun. My main pokemon is a Typhlosion Lv. 47 and my partner is a Lv. 45-46 (don't remember) Raichu. And Zapdos to help me out.

i tell all i play. i play on buses while walking through town all the time. i stated in 96 when it hit england iits part of my childhood and nostalgia is good.

I'm not afraid to tell people I play Pokémon. I get questions about the game when I wear my League Leader shirt at a supermarket or gas station before or after League or at a neighborhood eatery when several friends and I play our decks as we eat. These inquiries are how do you play, what events do you have, where do you play, where can I buy cards, etc. This is a golden opportunity to inform them of the game, lead them to a local place to buy and play the cards, and invite their friends into the game.

PokeLen said:
Hahahahaha....I only have PMD, Ranger, Emerald, and Firered and Leafgreen. The Firered and Leafgreen were a gift, I didn't need it. Same with Emerald. My friend found and extra on the floor at a hotel he went to for a vacation and gave it to me. I have played Ruby and Sapphire and Red, Blue, and Yellow so I knew the main plot of those 3 games. But Ranger and PMD, I needed help! I couldn't figure out what 1+1 was when I was playing PMD. But once I understood, it got pretty fun. My main pokemon is a Typhlosion Lv. 47 and my partner is a Lv. 45-46 (don't remember) Raichu. And Zapdos to help me out.

Hmm...well, let's just say you're better than me at the VGs, lol.

Yeah, I can get through the main story and stuff like that without a whole lot of trouble.
Sometimes, it's just luck of the draw for me. I get the bad luck.

I somtimes tell, some of my frinds at school like it so I tell them. But for the most part I don't tell, most of my friends think it's weird. I don't no why it's got such a bad/weird reputation. :(

Well, about 6-10% of my friends (namely closest friends) know that I play pokemon. My family (parents and sisters) know that I'm addicted to pokemon. they don't really care anyway.
the bad thing about were I live is that pokemon is DEAD. man I rarely find the games. No TCG or anime here. I was soooo lucky to find pearl (the man in the store told me that diamond is sold out, which proves that there are some people who play, but just for fun. not competitively or for "real" playing.) for the anime, I watch youtube (what?). for the tcg, i don't like it much, but i sometimes just get the images from pokebeach and print them on paper to play with them, maybe with myself!!. I liked pokemon ever since i saw it. i can still remember like 5 years ago when my friends were playing with gameboy color a game called "pokemon red". but now, gimme a break. pokemon here means "Ash and pikachu, along with misty and a guy with closed eyes." man, they rarely even know johto pokemon. you can rarely find people who play pokemon, and if you do, they usually be small kids who play for catching a pikachu or something. although pokemon is not "a crime". you know, i'm like 15 years now, but i'll keep playing pokemon for as far as I live! (hope so). Thanks to websites such as this, serebii, smogon, pokemonelite2000, etc., I can talk to people who can "understand my language". thanks all. at last i can express my true feelings...

long summary of my life, yeah?

well, at least you have friends to play with in real life, i don't have any. my friends who know only know, not play..

"A guy with closed eyes." That's a hilarious description of Brock.

My friends from school got bored of Pokémon shortly after Gold and Silver came out. By the time I graduated, I was the only one left in my year who still played Pokémon. People were too focused on studying at my community college to care about something as trivial as recreation, and people at this four-year university (University of California, Santa Cruz; I warn you not to come here if you value your sanity) are too busy smoking pot and binge-drinking to want such a thinking-intensive game as Pokémon, and the people who don't are health nuts who jog five miles every morning and isn't going to do any non-physical activity. A few scattered people at the university picked up Diamond/Pearl, though I remain the only one who plays to battle rather than to collect.

I swear, now that I know students can teach seminars (I'll be attending one next quarter regarding TV culture), I think I'll see if I can get one in regarding the Pokémon games and its mechanics. I really want to show people that Pokémon is about more than a 10-year-old boy named Ash who hugs a Pikachu.

Back