PokéBeach Create-A-Card: April 2014 - Stage 1 (Congrats MTC, Neko, and Spoon!)

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
cac_april14_2_zps8716a228.jpg

Welcome to the April round of Create-A-Card!

April introduces a new scene to the competition where partnerships will bring forth the true creative power of artists as they will have the ability to show the community their true skills. We’re going to be taking a new turn for this contest and introducing the opportunity where artists can team up with one another and create a card! For example, Member 1, who focuses on the card illustrations, can team up with Member 2, who focuses on the card itself, to create the most creative card!

Partnerships are not required; you are still free to contact another artist and use their art for your card.

Artists (illustrators) are free to post in this thread, letting participants know that they are available.

This month, we will be focusing on Stage 1 Pokemon. As an artist, you will not be restricted to a specific card era when creating your card. This is the time to show us your true faking skills and put your best foot forward, and show us how well you can create a card!

This contest has two sections, Text Based and Image Based. In text based all you have to do is create a card in text form and post it in here! For the Image based half, you’ll need the help of some software to let your creations come to life. But one thing remains important between both of them, it has to be original.

There are a total of 30 places in this competition, 15 for both sections, and unlike last year, these slots don’t apply for both. Only one. So simply be fast and post down below that you wish to enter, but be fast, these competitions can fill up very quickly! Once you’ve entered you’ll need to create your entry and post it down below, before Saturday the 26th of April at 11:00 PM EST. Be careful when posting your entry though, because if you have to edit, or did edit your post you’ll have an instant deduction of 2 points from your overall score, and posting your entry again on a different post also deducts 2 points.

Another note, for those entering Image Based you will have to include this logo on your card or else your entry won’t be accepted. It was designed by the lovely Nekoban Ryo who continuously creates resources for the faking world and faker himself. Here is an alternate version of the set symbol

Scoring

--------
Text-Based
--------

1. Creativity/Originality
    We're all tired of effect-less attacks. Without images, part of the intrigue with text-based fakes is the creativity of Power/Body/Ability/attack effects. Let's see something cool!
    Total: 20 points
    ---
  2. Wording
    Proper wording is also key in designing any fake card. Try to ensure wording is correct for the era of blank you choose; from Classic and Neo to EX, DP, and BW, wording has changed a lot, so be careful! Spelling is also taken into consideration.
    Total: 15 points
    ---
  3. Believability/Playability
    Text-based fakes rely heavily on their believability. Think of your entries as if they were real cards. Try to avoid those 400 HP monsters which do 200 damage for [R]! Proper type (unless Delta-species), Pokédex information, and ballpark HP will be taken into consideration.
Max Points: 50

--------
Image-Based
--------
  1. Creativity/Originality
    This should be a given. With the proper tools, let your imagination run wild! This can involve new gameplay mechanics, blanks, etc.
    Total: 20 points
    ---
  2. Wording
    Proper wording is also key in designing any fake card. Try to ensure wording is correct for the era of blank you choose; from Classic and Neo to EX, DP, and BW, wording has changed a lot, so be careful! Spelling is also taken into consideration.
    ---
  3. Fonts and Placement
    Correct fonts are imperative when creating realistic fakes. Placement isn't quite as important, so long as the fonts/symbols/etc. are in the correct general area.
    Total: 10 points
    ---
  4. Believability/Playability
    Because this division of the contest is so image-heavy, the believability and playability takes a backseat here. However, it's still worth a portion of the total points, so try to keep it in the realm of believable! Proper type (unless Delta-species), Pokédex information, and ballpark HP will be taken into consideration.
    Total: 5 points
Max Points: 50

So that’s the point breakdown for this month’s Create-A-Card. [member]Luispipe8[/member] will be judging the Text Based portion of the contest and [member]Scorched Feathers[/member] will be judging the Image Based part.

When making your fakes be sure to follow forum rules, if you are using someone else’s art be sure you have their permission to use it or it is otherwise considered art theft.

As per usual have fun and be as creative as you can be and show the world that PB can make fake cards!

Deadline: April 26th (Sat.) 11:00pm EST

Anticipated Entrants

[td] Image-Based:
  1. Heavenly Spoon
  2. Athena & PMJ
  3. Momaster12
  4. Zygarde & Delta
  5. Nekoban Ryo
  6. anabel1406
  7. pokemonfan723
[/td][td] Text-Based:
  1. Reggie McGigas
  2. Keeper of Night
  3. Machamp The Champion
  4. GM DracLord
  5. Kecleon-X
[/td]

Bold names means I have seen your entry in this thread.

Want to help advertise the contest? Feel free to use the banner below in your sig!

cac_april14_zpse782ec34.jpg

Credit goes to [member]Nekoban Ryo[/member] for the amazing banners!

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: April 2014 - Stage 1

Entering in text based for my 1 year anniversary of competing in this and not winning

edit: I can judge for future rounds or this round if we have another no show. I just wanted to compete as a player for this round because it's my one year anniversary of entering these competitions.

Praise me! I am the great judge of image-based!
now I feel extremely nervous

Ice Arceus said:
Artists (illustrators) are free to post in this thread, letting participants know that they are available.

If anyone wants to make artwork for them in the contest I'd be happy to draw whichever Stage 1 Pokemon you ask. :)

*waits nervously for a reply*

Teaming with Zygarde!

I, that most heavenliest of spoons, hereby declare my aspiration to partake in this here illustrative fixture.

I'm pretty sure I don't have the time for this, but who cares? One Venomoth card, coming up whenever.

Good luck to all, and to all a good luck.

Good luck to everyone in advance, give it your best so I can judge you the best! ;)

Quick question: Does the card itself have to be a Stage 1 card, or can it be a special card that treats a normally Stage 1 Pokémon as Basic (such as Shining, EX, etc.)? I assume that it does have to be an actual Stage 1 card, but I'm just making sure.

It has to be an actual Stage 1 card.

Here to sign up me and PMJ for a collaborative work; I'll be doing the art and he'll be making the card. :D

Quick notice: We have reverted back to the old scoring system (when DNA was hosting/judging).

Whoa... I've been in this since early '12. I wish I could find the first 2 CaC threads ;w;

Wow, I'm actually the longest-running participant in PokéBeach Create-A-Card contests o.e didn't notice I was in from December 2011-on.
Because of this, just for fun, I've done an entry to keep my streak alive!

JUDGE ENTRY - DOESN'T COUNT TOWARDS CONTEST RESULTS (But can be used against Keeper if I get a better score)

Stage 1 - Meowstic - HP90 - Psychic
Evolves from Espurr
meowstic.gif

No. 678 Constraint Pokémon HT: 2' 00" WT: 18.7 lbs.

SF-Ability
Mewscreen
Your opponent can't play any Trainer cards from his or her hand that would affect your Benched Pokémon.

TCGMind
TCGWhite
Earshot
Put 4 damage counters on one of your opponent's Pokémon.

Weakness:
TCGMind
(×2) Resistance:
TCGRock
(-20) Retreat: ★
When in danger, it raises its ears and releases enough psychic power to grind a 10-ton truck to dust.
001/SF-P

Although, Luis has kindly judged it for me ~u~

I'll post Feathers' result along the others, but it won't be counted for the final standings.

Back