PokéBeach Create-A-Card October 2013! Worship Nod3, PMJ, and Teal!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card October 2013!

Apparently we were all away at Regionals (myself included).
I was checking here periodically, and nope, no new posts this whole weekend. Freaky.

Or maybe everyone was just glued to their 3DS'?

Nah, that's a silly suggestion. I can't believe you even brought that up.

Where is everyone? I guess I'm the only one without a 3DS...

Probably not XD

Arcticwhite said:
Where is everyone? I guess I'm the only one without a 3DS...

Probably not XD

Well, I have one, but I haven't gotten X or Y yet.

I've been done with my card for a while, I just haven't gotten around to posting it yet, and it's kind of confusing, so I'm worried about my wording score.

Well now that Fairy-type has been released, may I suggest a create-a-card contest dedicated to them in the December as the Angels that some people put on top of the Christmas Tree are associated with fairies?

EDIT: Minor Grammar correction

I actually had something completely different planned for December, but that could be a possible idea. I will, however, need to harass Xous to make me a Fairy banner, and then talk with CMP about it, and see how it goes over.

Curse you TCG, having 11 types! You throw off my 2 special months!

Wow. That's what I forgot? I'll tank three points for editing in the set symbol.

gg guys!

Delta said:
Wow. That's what I forgot? I'll tank three points for editing in the set symbol.

gg guys!
(Actually, it's 2 not 3 now)
I have a whole separate font guide for the CaC so that this doesn't happen.

Alright, finally submitting my entry.

It's B&W era, by the way.
Basic / Liepard EX // HP120 [D]
Liepard.png

Ability Sneaking By
If you haven't attached an Energy from your hand to 1 of your Pokémon during this turn, this Pokémon's attacks cost [C][C] less.

[D][D][C][C] Helping The Innocent
Each player may search his or her deck for a number of basic Energy cards equal to the number of Pokémon her or she has in play (excluding Pokémon-EX), attach each of those Energy cards to a different Pokémon he or she has in play (excluding Pokémon-EX), and shuffle his or her deck afterwards.

weakness [F] X2
resistance [P] -20
retreat cost [C]

Pokémon-EX rule
When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

DNA said:
I actually had something completely different planned for December, but that could be a possible idea. I will, however, need to harass Xous to make me a Fairy banner, and then talk with CMP about it, and see how it goes over.

Curse you TCG, having 11 types! You throw off my 2 special months!

I'd love to hear what you had planned for December. As much fun as the mono-type challenges are, grading is also pretty interesting when the themes get a little mixed up like last month.

Then again, the Fairy/tree angel comparison is interesting and could work. Up to you, boss!

Alright. I can't not use Umbreon as my Dark type:

[D] Umbreon 110 HP
Stage 1 (evolves from Eevee)
Spr_2s_197_s.png

Ability: Moon's Guidance
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your deck for a Trainer card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. You can't use more then 1 Moon's Guidance Ability each turn.

[D] Midnight Stampede 30+
Does 20 more damage for each [D] Pokémon you have in play. This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, or any other effects on the Defending Pokémon.

W: [F] x2 R: [P] -20
Retreat: [C]

"The light of the moon changed Eevee's genetic structure. It can hide itself in darkness by dimming it's rings."

>sees new private message in inbox
>it's from Xous
>has the Fairy banner in it

ohmygosh I didn't even ask him yet
that was fast

And... I messed up.
Umbreon's attack was supposed to cost more to be less broken.
Oh well. At least he's playable. :p

DNA said:
>sees new private message in inbox
>it's from Xous
>has the Fairy banner in it

ohmygosh I didn't even ask him yet
that was fast

...Fairy theme for nov i guess

All right, time to win this thing:

r9VKeaJ.png

I've done a couple things to improve on last month's entry. I moved the ability symbol and Energy symbol edges a few pixels out of the bar and put the text a few pixels in, per CMP's suggestion. I've also added a couple pixels' worth of spacing between the symbols and attack effects since it seemed like it was too squished together.

As for the actual card: I love fairies. I wanted to incorporate them somehow into the card, in honor of gen 6, and Umbreon seemed like a great way to do that since I can't use Sylveon (not sure I would anyway, he's decidedly average).

Baby-Doll Eyes is Growl with priority, so I wanted to reflect that in the card. Fire it off before your opponent has a chance to do anything about it. Yes, it stacks, so you could, if you really needed to, drop all four of them to cushion a particularly damaging blow.

To stop players from just hoarding them solely to whore out Baby-Doll Eyes, Umbreon has an excellent attack as sort of an incentive for players to drop it down and fight. Healing 70 might seem like a lot, but hitting 100+ damage is not very difficult in this format.

5jFXnIx.jpg

The artist still hasn't responded yet, so I guess I'll just use Xous' sugimori style sharpedo
Sugimori-Style Art: I've always wanted this kind of art to be pretty much "free" for people to use. I've stated in the past that all I ever really want from people who use my Sugimori-style art is credit if possible. (There's an old journal entry on it, should you feel like reading it.) I should have done this from the get-go when I first added my second watermark to my art, but for some reason I didn't. So now, all of my future Sugimori-style art will feature a watermark simply stating If used, please provide credit. That's it. No need to get permission. If you use the art and post it online, say somewhere my artwork was made by me. This should save people a looooot of time, since 99% of what people want to use is this kind of art. Just use it and, if possible, give credit where credit is due! Easy.

Since I have 400+ images in this category it's impossible for me, from a time standpoint, to go back and edit each and every piece with the updated watermark. I'd love to, but I just can't.
5ad11cu.png

Lazy inspection... YOLO lol

Back