XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokemon Rumored To Be Retyped As Fairy

Alright guys. The most common type of meteorite is the stony meteorite. Jirachi should be primary rock type.

Source
Another source
Oh my gosh learn to Science!

Steel type. Pff. Pff.

92.8% of Meteorites are classified as Stony. Only 5.7% are classified as iron(with 1.5% being classified as Stony Iron). I feel that Jirachi should definitely be reclassified as Rock/Fairy from now on.

Ohman177 said:
Mitja said:
The cultural aspect is all that matters in Jirachis case, I still don't get why you keep bringing up that meteors are made of metals.

Everything would be wrong with Solrock and others then.

I already explained solrock and lunatone if you'd care to look through what I said.

Seems like they're closer to being made of meteors than Jirachi is furthermore Jirachi seems to be more related to comets than meteors anyway. A comet symbolizes its appearance in the anime. It has streamers that resemble a comet. One of it's hold items is a comet shard. Comets are made of ice, gas, and rock.

I think solrock and lunatone represent Stony meteorites and Jirachi represents Metallic meteorites.

I know that this has a 0.9999999999999...9% to happen, but i would like that Latias became Dragon/Fairy instead of Dragon/Psychic...and Latios remain Dragon/Psychic...only an idea i just had.

Can we all just agree that jirachi is a crappy pokemon that doesn't make a modicum of sense because GF pulled it out of their butts and move on?

(Besides, it should totally be rock/psychic)

Ohman177 said:
Mitja said:
The cultural aspect is all that matters in Jirachis case, I still don't get why you keep bringing up that meteors are made of metals.

Everything would be wrong with Solrock and others then.

I already explained solrock and lunatone if you'd care to look through what I said.

I saw that, but I didn't understand what it said.
They fell inside the earth? Whats that supposed to mean?

Lunatone/Solrock are CLEARLY based on meteorites in design itself, unlike Jirachi, who is related to shooting stars as a the cultural concept and comets at most as the actual object, neither of those come anywhere close to what Steel is about.
Fire, Ice, Rock and other types all make more sense by that logic.

I'm curious why you have the Vanillite family on the Fairy-type list. Could you explain why?

Drohn said:
I'm curious why you have the Vanillite family on the Fairy-type list. Could you explain why?

They're little floating snow-producing crystal creatures.. who knows lol.
Its not like we have some solid definition of what it makes to be a Fairy type (not to mention secondary to another type). I mean why is Marill one? Or the cottoncandy pokemon Swirlix?

Cotton Candy used to be called (and it is still callled that in Australia)... wait for it... Fairy floss.

Metalizard said:
Cotton Candy used to be called (and it is still callled that in Australia)... wait for it... Fairy floss.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I knew that about cotton candy, but I didn't make the connection until you said it. Touché, Game Freak, that's clever.

Weirdly enough, I think the Vanillite family is a lot more likely to get retyped than most of these other suggestions. They're currently single-typed, they're fairly popular (more so in Japan than in the West), they would create an interesting (if not particularly useful) type combination, and they fit the bill physically. I don't think it's probable that they'll change, but it seems more likely that they will than, say, Volbeat or Chimecho.

DorianBlack said:
Metalizard said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I knew that about cotton candy, but I didn't make the connection until you said it. Touché, Game Freak, that's clever.

Weirdly enough, I think the Vanillite family is a lot more likely to get retyped than most of these other suggestions. They're currently single-typed, they're fairly popular (more so in Japan than in the West), they would create an interesting (if not particularly useful) type combination, and they fit the bill physically. I don't think it's probable that they'll change, but it seems more likely that they will than, say, Volbeat or Chimecho.

I think they are more likely than chimeco but are far away from being as fairy like as volbeat.

Rumors

After a pretty realistic leak/rumor I strongly believe there IS going to be another eevolution. Based on the rumored strengths and weakness' of the fairy-type I believe that the next eevolution will be either dragon, steel, poison, or fighting. I'm siding on dragon though since the gen II psychic nerf would be similar to the dragon nerf we now have.

RE: What cool new Pokemon/evolution do you want to see in the 6th generation?

TheRoyalXerneas said:
After a pretty realistic leak/rumor I strongly believe there IS going to be another eevolution. Based on the rumored strengths and weakness' of the fairy-type I believe that the next eevolution will be either dragon, steel, poison, or fighting. I'm siding on dragon though since the gen II psychic nerf would be similar to the dragon nerf we now have.

Tbh, the only eeveelutions I can see happening at this point are poison, steel AND MAYBE flying. Eevee's evolutions are (for the most part) elemental, and these three are the biggest possibilities in my opinion. Sure, there's exceptions like Umbreon and Sylveon, but I really don't see how it could just evolve into a bug or a dragon or (especially) a ghost (have Eevee faint at a certain level?).

TheRoyalXerneas said:
There very well could be another Eeveelution... heck, there could be two for all we know (just like the first generation had an Eeveelution trio).

Considering they've only shown one Mewtwo form, and all information so far points to the second unrevealed Mewtwo form being a reality, there's no reason they couldn't hold back on revealing another eeveelution as well (personally hoping for Dragon or Flying type).

Jakeremix said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:

Tbh, the only eeveelutions I can see happening at this point are poison, steel AND MAYBE flying. Eevee's evolutions are (for the most part) elemental, and these three are the biggest possibilities in my opinion. Sure, there's exceptions like Umbreon and Sylveon, but I really don't see how it could just evolve into a bug or a dragon or (especially) a ghost (have Eevee faint at a certain level?).

Your answer makes perfect sense, but look at Sylveon. It's of the fairy type, a more creature based type. The dragon type eeveelution would make a perfect counterpart to it. Not only will it be Sylveon's opposite, but both will have creature based typings. And for evolution method, why not literal adaptation or even symbiosis to transform it into a different creature.

J.D. said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:
There very well could be another Eeveelution... heck, there could be two for all we know (just like the first generation had an Eeveelution trio).

Considering they've only shown one Mewtwo form, and all information so far points to the second unrevealed Mewtwo form being a reality, there's no reason they couldn't hold back on revealing another eeveelution as well (personally hoping for Dragon or Flying type).

Drohn said:

If a cotton candy Pokemon can be a Fairy type why can't an ice cream cone? ;]

Proceeded said:
Drohn said:

If a cotton candy Pokemon can be a Fairy type why can't an ice cream cone? ;]

Cotton candy's also known as fairy floss, so unless ice cream has some weird name like "fairy snow", I think pure Ice is perfect for them.

It wouldn't be primary Fairy like Swirlix, just an extra Fairy for flavor xDDD

Since many people want to discuss the chance of other Pokémon having their types revised I created a new thread here. I moved some replies from this topic to the new thread, since they are not relevant for the discussion here.

Please continue the discussion for other types to be revised on the new thread, and discuss the Fairy-type here!

Drohn said:

I so agree with this!! This is probably just me, but I don't see how vanillite's family could be on the list and not Milotic. Milotic is obviously a fish/aquatic fairy!!!

RE: Pokemon X/Y Rumors

Ok guys...this is from a spanish site, they say that they asked the "leaker" to draw some new pokemon, but he refused...i had read everything, so i'll make my best to translate it, the interesting thing about this, is that besides those rumours, they show 3 images never seen before, one of the pss and the other two from a cinematic scene of a new legendary pokemon...but first, here are the rumours:

*Mawile gets the Steel/Fairy type, and an evolution, so is Sableye
*As said before, the starters final evolutions are: Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting
*The game's story line is "quite good". Characters will be back like Cynthia (who's visiting her family in Coastal Kalos) and Proffesor Oak.
*The game will last for more than 40 hours, and there's lots of stuff after beating the elite four, even more than Gold and Silver
*Mewtwo's new form have a protagonism after beating the elite four , with a scientific from kanto who is involve
*Orotto is the Shady Root Pokemon. The female version have a smile more "macabre" and its branches are sharper
*One of the new fossils is a Diplodocus
*There's a new shark pokemon
*When you arrive to Lumiose city, the character customization is introduced for you.
*Team flare's goal of making money is a lie, it changes during the game
*There's a new important character (kind like N). He's a lone traveler.
*Sklerp evolves into a bigger and skinner horse sea, it occasionally blows purple bubbles when he's innactive, like Sklerp
*When you enter the hall of fame, there's a cinematic scene with your pokemon standing by the side of the character in 3d, with confetti and screams from the crowd
*Litleo evolves into something like a manticore
*The Carnac Stones in the game are home of a legendary pokemon
*The fairy pokemon shown so far are "a lie" making us belive that they are cute. Actually there's one that is as intimidating as Giratina origin form.
*There will no much type changes as people think, there are a few.
*This time, Game Freak made contact with various magazines to decide how many pokemon of each type will be introduced. There will be "great" Steel and Fire pokemon.
*There's a pikachu-like pokemon, a wolf cub
*Meowstick and espurr are totally real
*we will know if everything is real on august 12, when the official page get an uptdate.

pss_trajes.png

legend1.jpg

legend2.jpg
What do you think?
[private] Hidden for linking to forums, I put IMG tags and spoilers around images to remove the link *Drohn
Here's the source: http://www.cpokemon.com/2013/07/31/rumores-filtrados-algunos-detalles-de-pokemon-x-y/
[/private]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back