XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokemon X/Y Rumors

Mega Mewtwo specializes in special attack rather than speed. Does this mean when we saw it travel really fast it was actually using Teleport?

I wanna know more about THIS (previously mentioned) rumor: http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/2013/07/xy-new-pokemon-name-registered-xy.html
That's the one about the trademarked names, if you don't feel like opening it.

Two of the names just turned out to be real pokemon (which makes sense, since these are supposedly names actually registered by the company) (Oh, and dedenne and horubii are the ones we got off that list in the last corocoro), but now I really wanna know what the rest of these are.

Mafokushii's translation guess sounds pretty awesome, and I really hope it is the fennekin evolution. Gekkouga sounds like a perfect fit for a luna moth to me, and I saw another guess/translation suggesting burigaron could be some kind of blizzard wolf. I'd love to see that one!

Velivolo said:
I wanna know more about THIS (previously mentioned) rumor: http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/2013/07/xy-new-pokemon-name-registered-xy.html
That's the one about the trademarked names, if you don't feel like opening it.

Two of the names just turned out to be real pokemon (which makes sense, since these are supposedly names actually registered by the company) (Oh, and dedenne and horubii are the ones we got off that list in the last corocoro), but now I really wanna know what the rest of these are.

Mafokushii's translation guess sounds pretty awesome, and I really hope it is the fennekin evolution. Gekkouga sounds like a perfect fit for a luna moth to me, and I saw another guess/translation suggesting burigaron could be some kind of blizzard wolf. I'd love to see that one!

Haribougu, Gekogashira, Borukenion are (I think) the final evolved forms of Chespin, Froakie, and Fennekin respectively. I saw this list somewhere else that went into greater detail of the "translations". From what I remember there was no lunar moth, but that name was an evolution for froakie. Sadly I believe they said there would be no blizzard wolf, but in fact it was something completely different.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
So supposedly there's a list going around that these Pokemon would be getting mega evos. I'm not quite sure, but these Pokemon have (I guess) trademarked for this gen.
Charizard
Blastoise
Gengar
Pinsir
Jynx
Gyarados
Aerodactyl
Scizor (Already confirmed unofficially)
Houndoom
Tyranitar
Heracross
Gardevoir
Medicham
Banette
Aggron
Latias/Latios
Abomasnow

I feel like this may be fake, or that only some of these (or all of these and more) will be getting Mega'd. I'm not quite sure why they wouldn't include Venasaur or the other Hoenn starters, so unless there were names left out, I'm leaning toward it being fake.

I'm gonna have to agree and say it seems fake. I'm sure some of those listed will coincidentally be included. But 2 G1 starters and no Venasaur? I don't see that happening. Also, I don't see the Lati twins getting Mega Evos either. The only reason (I think) Mewtwo got a mega evo is be cause she IS the Genetic Pokemon, and clearly this whole Mega Evo thing is somewhat related to genetic reconstruction. Why choose anyone else but THE Genetic Pokemon to show it off with?

Just a thought.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
Haribougu, Gekogashira, Borukenion are (I think) the final evolved forms of Chespin, Froakie, and Fennekin respectively. I saw this list somewhere else that went into greater detail of the "translations". From what I remember there was no lunar moth, but that name was an evolution for froakie. Sadly I believe they said there would be no blizzard wolf, but in fact it was something completely different.
The lunar moth thing was my own conjecture based on the possible translation. I should mention I don't know any Japanese. So of course it could be entirely wrong. I'm kinda sad about the blizzard wolf, that sounded like a good one. Do you happen to have the link to the list on hand? I'd love to see it :D

Velivolo said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:
The lunar moth thing was my own conjecture based on the possible translation. I should mention I don't know any Japanese. So of course it could be entirely wrong. I'm kinda sad about the blizzard wolf, that sounded like a good one. Do you happen to have the link to the list on hand? I'd love to see it :D

Don't worry I don't understand any Japanese either :p but the lunar moth idea was debunked when following patterns with the other names. The names could be very true since they were trademarked. Sadly, I don't have the link since I read the post about a month ago, so it's been buried under a bunch of other posts. Since giving names of other Pokemon sites is counted as advertising I can't give out any exact names....

MuhFugginMoose said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:
So supposedly there's a list going around that these Pokemon would be getting mega evos. I'm not quite sure, but these Pokemon have (I guess) trademarked for this gen.
Charizard
Blastoise
Gengar
Pinsir
Jynx
Gyarados
Aerodactyl
Scizor (Already confirmed unofficially)
Houndoom
Tyranitar
Heracross
Gardevoir
Medicham
Banette
Aggron
Latias/Latios
Abomasnow

I feel like this may be fake, or that only some of these (or all of these and more) will be getting Mega'd. I'm not quite sure why they wouldn't include Venasaur or the other Hoenn starters, so unless there were names left out, I'm leaning toward it being fake.

I'm gonna have to agree and say it seems fake. I'm sure some of those listed will coincidentally be included. But 2 G1 starters and no Venasaur? I don't see that happening. Also, I don't see the Lati twins getting Mega Evos either. The only reason (I think) Mewtwo got a mega evo is be cause she IS the Genetic Pokemon, and clearly this whole Mega Evo thing is somewhat related to genetic reconstruction. Why choose anyone else but THE Genetic Pokemon to show it off with?

Just a thought.

Latias could use the extra boost though. I would also like to mention that after doing a bit of research, the original list I found contained Absol, Ampharos, Blaziken, Mawile, and Mewtwo. The list could be true, but is most likely incomplete as Lucario wasn't on the list.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
Latias could use the extra boost though. I would also like to mention that after doing a bit of research, the original list I found contained Absol, Ampharos, Blaziken, Mawile, and Mewtwo. The list could be true, but is most likely incomplete as Lucario wasn't on the list.

Haha, well a lot of pokemon need a boost. . . And some don't. Unfortunately a lot of the Pokes named, are the ones that don't. Haha, Gengar, Scizor, and Gyarados just to name a few. they're already powerful as it is. I think the ones that need Mega Evos are underrated pokes, I.e Amphy and Mawile. But, it is GF, so, no real point in hoping for things when it comes to them. :D

MuhFugginMoose said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:

Haha, well a lot of pokemon need a boost. . . And some don't. Unfortunately a lot of the Pokes named, are the ones that don't. Haha, Gengar, Scizor, and Gyarados just to name a few. they're already powerful as it is. I think the ones that need Mega Evos are underrated pokes, I.e Amphy and Mawile. But, it is GF, so, no real point in hoping for things when it comes to them. :D

Gamefreak using logic is about as rare as not running into a zubat in a dark cave.
Anyways, the super powerful Pokemon that are getting Mega'd are very popular well known Pokemon. Since the list is said to be incomplete, there's still a lot to be shown (like Mega Haxorus maybe??) :p

TheRoyalXerneas said:
Gamefreak using logic is about as rare as not running into a zubat in a dark cave.
Anyways, the super powerful Pokemon that are getting Mega'd are very popular well known Pokemon. Since the list is said to be incomplete, there's still a lot to be shown (like Mega Haxorus maybe??) :p

However, that is where you're right, haha, unfortunately. All the popular pokes seem to be getting some limelight they really don't even need. I just wanna see some cool not hyped out Pokemon get it. They did it with my 2nd and 4th Fav Pokemon, they can do it with some more.

I tend to believe that all the Pokemon in that trademarked list are going to receive mega forms. However, who is to say that these are the ONLY mega forms? Others could simply have been trademarked at a different time.

Oh, and...
MAKE MEGA GYARADOS WATER/DRAGON. I'M BEGGING YOU PEOPLE!!!

I have a bit of a theory on why Lucario and Mewtwo may have gotten a MEga form. It's a REALLY long shot, but ya never know. :p

Aside from Mewtwo being THE genetic Pokemon. What game is coming out fairly soon after the X&Y release? SSB, and what two pokemon, aside from Pikachu of course, have debuted in SSB? Just a thought, but maybe it'll be to hype both games simultaneously. Haha, as I said it's a long shot. But I know I'd do it if it meant more mulah in my pocket. ;)

Also, Recently, I pointed out that the Mega Evolutions MAY have some form of correlation with the Nordic Gods, seeing as Yveltal and Xerneas play into Yggdrasil. Now that I see it's been getting fairly popular, I wanna see what you all think. Seeing as how the recently revealed Mega Pokemon play into it, quite well. Well, might as well get straight to it,
Here's the general basis.

and it's recently been brought to my attention that
Kangaskhan could be seen as Frigg (Goddess of Motherhood)
Blaziken -> Sultr (God of fire)
Lucario -> Forseti (God of Justice)
Amphy -> Thor
Mawile -> Loki (God of Deception)
Absol -> Hodr, Norse god of winter and darkness. Blind twin of Balder. (I later corrected this in my original theory, I see who ever is copying my stuff didn't follow up.)
Mewtwo > Magni (God of Power)

It may be a long shot, but seeing as it's all based in Europe and the Legendaries are clearly based off of the story of Yggdrasil, it may be possible. . .

Thoughts?

I saw a post saying how they wanted the list of names:

Dianshii (ディアンシー) — Possibly a deer Pokémon. It’s name could come from deer + fancy + antsy.
Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) — Most likely the evolution of Chespin — Hari (ハリ) comes from pin/needle, boogu (ボーグ) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut is French. Thanks to belmad for this tip-off!
Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) — Possibly from gecko + boss. Gashira means either head or boss. Possibly a Froakie evolution.
Borukenion (ボルケニオン) — Probably Volcanyon — likely boruke (ボルケ) from volcano and nion (ニオン) from canyon.
Dedenne (デデンネ)
Horubii (ホルビー) — Likely comes from horu (ホル) to dig + bee.
Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) — Probably Meowstick, as mentioned in a previous leak
Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.
Jigarude (ジガルデ) — Is possibly from Jiga (ジガ / 自我), which means ego.
Mafokushii (マフォクシー) — Is possibly an evolution of Fennekin: Mafoxy
Fuupa (フーパ) — fuu (フー) is most likely wind, pa (パ) could be many things.
Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) — Gekkou (ゲッコウ) means moonlight + ga (ガ) is moth. Literally moonlight moth.
Torimian (トリミアン)
Teerunaa (テールナー) — Possibly related to Gekkouga. Teeru (テール) means tail and runaa (ルナー) means lunar.

The blizzard wolf was a name translated by a few sources who all seemed to agree on a fanged wolf. And no the lunar moth (as you can see) is not an evolution of Froakie.

And this list is basically 99% confirmed so...take what you want from it.

This is or not a rumor, but the image on http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/primary_feature/ states that participants can receive a special Pikachu. This could mean that Pikachu's evolution Raichu gets a mega evolution. Its just a speculation I have. Also in the right upper corner, people who participated in a competition can receive a master ball.

McMuffins said:

Dianshii (ディアンシー) — Possibly a deer Pokémon. It’s name could come from deer + fancy + antsy.
Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) — Most likely the evolution of Chespin — Hari (ハリ) comes from pin/needle, boogu (ボーグ) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut is French. Thanks to belmad for this tip-off!
Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) — Possibly from gecko + boss. Gashira means either head or boss. Possibly a Froakie evolution.
Borukenion (ボルケニオン) — Probably Volcanyon — likely boruke (ボルケ) from volcano and nion (ニオン) from canyon.
Dedenne (デデンネ)
Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.
Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) — Gekkou (ゲッコウ) means moonlight + ga (ガ) is moth. Literally moonlight moth.
Torimian (トリミアン)
Teerunaa (テールナー) — Possibly related to Gekkouga. Teeru (テール) means tail and runaa (ルナー) means lunar.

The blizzard wolf was a name translated by a few sources who all seemed to agree on a fanged wolf. And no the lunar moth (as you can see) is not an evolution of Froakie.

Heh, 99% huh? 2/14 isn't 99%. ;)
Either way, I can see Froakie becoming a big boss like pokemon. I'd like to at least, a lot of these I'd like to see in the game. Just off description of course.

^It may be 2/14, but considering the names had been out for how long before? I know at least 2 weeks. I was thinking a month but I could be wrong on that. Just the fact that the names and spelling were right to the dot on two gives some good credentials to the rest of the list.

McMuffins said:

Dedenne (デデンネ)
Torimian (トリミアン)

The list I found had said Borukenion was an evolution of Fennekin. And, about the froakie evolutions, as someone who isn't the biggest fan of him, I'm glad their going to do a more lizard-like design. I'm pretty sure the design will probably be more salamander than gecko, since I don't think geckos are semi aquatic (I'm not a gecko expert, but I feel like there's any aquatic geckos). Still, I'm curious as to what designs the starter evolutions will be like...

TheRoyalXerneas said:
McMuffins said:

Dedenne (デデンネ)
Torimian (トリミアン)

The list I found had said Borukenion was an evolution of Fennekin. And, about the froakie evolutions, as someone who isn't the biggest fan of him, I'm glad their going to do a more lizard-like design. I'm pretty sure the design will probably be more salamander than gecko, since I don't think geckos are semi aquatic (I'm not a gecko expert, but I feel like there's any aquatic geckos). Still, I'm curious as to what designs the starter evolutions will be like...

Geckos tend to be tree/forest Reptiles, while Salamanders are Amphibious. IMO it sounds more like they're turning Froakie into a Newt. (A type of Salamander).

Blob55 said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:

Geckos tend to be tree/forest Reptiles, while Salamanders are Amphibious. IMO it sounds more like they're turning Froakie into a Newt. (A type of Salamander).

I think that'd be very interesting to see how they design it. Main reason I went with a straight up salamander is that all the water starters so far have been semi aquatic (I guess amphibious works too) creatures like otters, sea lions, gators, and penguins.

Most of those projected etymologies are shaky at best, but the "blizzard wolf" one is just laughable. The "buri" part is plausible, but you can't just assume the "n" at the end was just stuck on there for funsies to make "garo" look more interesting, and ignore it completely. That's just not how Japanese works.

Also, it seems really unlikely that "jiga" there means "ego" - how would that work as a Pokémon? And that "j" at the start could represent a z as well as a j - see also Zigzagoon.

"Tail" and "lunar" is also a stretch. If it really was "lunar", the "ru" would almost certainly have a long vowel too, considering that that's where the stress is in the English word. Again, that's just how Japanese works when it borrows English, and with the character limit lifted for this generation, they'd have no reason not to follow that.

And, above all, remember that trademark lists mean nothing on their own. Game Freak can trademark whatever names it wants to keep in reserve, and if they end up not using them, they'll just let the licenses lapse. I'm pretty sure we've been burned by stuff like this in the past generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back