XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokemon X/Y Rumors

Now we know about Mega Evolution and Mewtwo having one. Doesn't the leaker said something about a second form for Mewtwo. Maybe Mew does have a Mega Evolution or Mewtwo has two.

kayko said:
Now we know about Mega Evolution and Mewtwo having one. Maybe Mew does have a Mega Evolution.

Plus didn't he go by memory and hear it from a friend anyways so he might have been confused. Same for the new type chart.

Pokemon X/Y Rumors

It would make a whole lot more sense for Mew herself to have an Mega Evolution instead if Mewtwo having a new form AND evolution.

The rumors did say something about one form being exclusive to X, and the other being exclusive to Y.
Instead, maybe Mew will be exclusive to X, and Mewtwo will be exclusive to Y. They will probably both have Mega Forms, thus making it equal. Sort of.

98Greener said:
They will probably both have Mega Forms, thus making it equal. Sort of.

This no way mews mega is gonna be as good as mewtwo's. Which is sad I like mew more.:(

98Greener said:
It would make a whole lot more sense for Mew herself to have an Mega Evolution instead if Mewtwo having a new form AND evolution.

The rumors did say something about one form being exclusive to X, and the other being exclusive to Y.
Instead, maybe Mew will be exclusive to X, and Mewtwo will be exclusive to Y. They will probably both have Mega Forms, thus making it equal. Sort of.
Pretty sure any claim that said one form was in X and one form was in Y was debunked, and even if Mew got a Mega Evo, there's no way they'd ever be equal in terms of power (unless Mega Mew got some serious boosts in all its offensive stats).

Still holding out hopes that Mewtwo does indeed have a second Mega Evo, and that the second Mega Form exists through unique circumstances... maybe somehow related to Team Flare's plans.

J.D. said:
98Greener said:

Pretty sure any claim that said one form was in X and one form was in Y was debunked, and even if Mew got a Mega Evo, there's no way they'd ever be equal in terms of power (unless Mega Mew got some serious boosts in all its offensive stats).

Still holding out hopes that Mewtwo does indeed have a second Mega Evo, and that the second Mega Form exists through unique circumstances... maybe somehow related to Team Flare's plans.

I feel like this could've been a misunderstanding on the leakers part, or a way to cover up their tracks. Still I don't see how Mewtwo could get two alternate Mega evos....unless they have the mega stones version exclusive (Mewtwonite X and Mewtwonite Y anyone??)

TheRoyalXerneas said:
J.D. said:

I feel like this could've been a misunderstanding on the leakers part, or a way to cover up their tracks. Still I don't see how Mewtwo could get two alternate Mega evos....unless they have the mega stones version exclusive (Mewtwonite X and Mewtwonite Y anyone??)
No, see, my idea was that the second form was somehow different from other Mega Evos. Just like the original Mewtwo was created in an attempt to make Super Pokemon, the second Mega Evo could be the result of radical human experimentation; after discovering Mega Mewtwo, they used it in an attempt to make a 'Super Mega Evo' Pokemon (Omega Mewtwo?), and thus it'd use something other than 'Mewtwonite' to Mega Evolve, perhaps not even a Mega Stone.

Heck, I often invisioned that this second hypotetical form wouldn't even be available in X and Y; that it would appear and be involved in the plot somehow, but it wouldn't be until a sequel (Z? X2 and Y2?) that it, well it's Mega Stone (or whatever it'd use), would actually become obtainable.

*sigh* I know it's just wishful thinking, and that I'm more than (highly) likely wrong, but it still sounds cool to me...

Heres a rumored list of all the new pokemon from the Kalos dex.

http://pastebin.com/C6761nic

Although it is most likely fake, its still interesting to see

Some cool pokemon in there, like the electric sabertooth. Also has some interesting predictions about some of the already announced pokemon's evolutions. (litleo becoming fire/fighting, or clauncher becoming water/fire, for example)

Fire said:

Some cool pokemon in there, like the electric sabertooth. Also has some interesting predictions about some of the already announced pokemon's evolutions. (litleo becoming fire/fighting, or clauncher becoming water/fire, for example)

I dunno.... Some stuff in there looks like stuff GF could pull, but at the same time it just screams fanmade.
The fact that their description of Fennekin's evo has nine tails seems like a direct rip-off of Ninetales, who is also a Fire type fox.

There's also a dolphin mon there. I'm not saying anything, but a dolphin has been one of the most requested animals-to-be-turned-into-Pokemon for a long time now. They appear in so many fan dexes its unimaginable.

Overall, I call bogus on this list. So much of it is stuff that fans have been wanting/requesting it seems to close to fanmade to be real.

P.DelSlayer said:
Fire said:

I dunno.... Some stuff in there looks like stuff GF could pull, but at the same time it just screams fanmade.
The fact that their description of Fennekin's evo has nine tails seems like a direct rip-off of Ninetales, who is also a Fire type fox.

There's also a dolphin mon there. I'm not saying anything, but a dolphin has been one of the most requested animals-to-be-turned-into-Pokemon for a long time now. They appear in so many fan dexes its unimaginable.

Overall, I call bogus on this list. So much of it is stuff that fans have been wanting/requesting it seems to close to fanmade to be real.

Yeah I agree, just posted it so others got a chance to see.

Is it bad that I really want that legendary beetle trio? :p

Fire said:

It's fake; GF wouldn't give the starters a samurai, kimono and kabuki themed evolution in a france-based region, also too many bug types, and a lot of different types gained upion evolution, that doesn't happen too often.

J.D. said:
98Greener said:

I think there were no claims that the formes would be exclusive to X/Y; it was fan speculation. There was the coding that said 'm2x' or something like that, implying Mewtwo-X. People then made the logical connection that with a Mewtwo-X there'd be a Mewtwo-Y.
Then Newtwo was revealed as a Mega evo and that theory was debunked.

The rumored second forme for Mewtwo, which was said to be 'More Mew-like', has been widely agreed that the leaker mistook Mega Mew for a second Mewtwo forme.

Fire said:
P.DelSlayer said:

Yeah I agree, just posted it so others got a chance to see.

Is it bad that I really want that legendary beetle trio? :p

I want that legendary beetle trio, too :p
I do have to say that this list is nice tho.
That Poison/Electric line sounds AWESOME
They manage to get a Fire/Fighting mon in there (I don't know why but I love this)
The fake Clauncher evo makes me love it even more

professorlight said:
Fire said:

It's fake; GF wouldn't give the starters a samurai, kimono and kabuki themed evolution in a france-based region, also too many bug types, and a lot of different types gained upion evolution, that doesn't happen too often.

Idon't know

Wasn't Unova an American based region and the starters were Chinese Wrestler, French Royalty, and Japanese samurai respectively?

This is a new game and it has been proven Gamefreak has no problem switching up. This could be possible, especially since we are so close to the deadline when all the pokemon will be revealed in about two weeks.

P.DelSlayer said:
Fire said:

Yeah that is one of the only things that makes me doubt this list. Also the starters don't really feel like they would go into that route IMO on evolution. But since we are already at clutch mode i'll keep my mouth shut

Lots of those Pokemon seem very cool. Especially all of the dragon types. The creator of that list definitely kept the list of 14 Japanese names in mind when making the list.

The Last CoroCoro leak

So in about a week or two, we should expect our next leak. It'll also be our last one before X and Y hits the shelves. The only information I know of is this:

1. There will be more Mega Evolutions revealed.
2. We will finally get to see what Fairy is super effective and weak to.

So, what I wanna know is what do you guys think?
What are you hoping for?

(Oh, and if posting this kind of stuff is supposed to be a mods job, I'm really sorry. Please don't get mad at me. ;-; )

RE: The Last CoroCoro leak

More than just changes to super effectiveness involving fairies. A lot of match ups need to be fixed and I hope they address them. Also some retypes that aren't being changed to fairy. Oh and tropius, lapras, altaria, and flygon megaevos. That'd make me sooo happy.

I'd like more information about Fairy in the TCG. Does it get its own basic energy? Are they reintroducing cards that can have multiple weaknesses?

I want some information on the starter evolutions. I mean, this is kind of what I'm basing mine off of stat-wise.

[private]I unapproved this because we really don't need another speculation thread. ~AL [/private]
[private]I instead merged it with the rumours thread; it fits the topic. It's the last chance people have to speculate on the new games. *Drohn [/private]

Fire said:

Some parts of it sounds interesting, others sound wierd, and then there are parts that sound like something GF wouldn't actually do (like some of those creepy Ghost-types)...

Personally, I can't imagine why they'd make Litleo and Helioptile the first and only ones to gain a secondary Normal-type, only to later loose them... it seems rather pointless to finally make Normal-type a secondary typing if the only two Pokemon to have Normal as their secondary type don't keep it with their final form.

Can't say I particularly like the ideas of the Pseudo-Legendaries and the third box Legendary once again being Dragon-type... and some of those other legendaries sound really dumb.

I guess come this month's CoroCoro, we might be able to determine whether or not this is true, based on how this compares to what is revealed.

And still no Black Bird Pokémon. :(

I don't like that GF made Froakie into a Fighting type, as it means it's weak to both starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back