XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

So two lairs with no meaning, found so far, Who thinks there is more than meets the eyes to these games?

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Digicola said:
Cresceda said:
Just passing on the words, it was found 5 minutes ago -_-

Ok ok calm down excuse me sir I shall not be so ... ABRUPT ... Anymore
(could you send me the link to the page where news gets updated all the time ?)

I wasn't angry, sorry if I made that impression ^^

Link for everyone: (CONTAINS SPOILERS!):

http://kalos-pkmnacademy.tumblr.com/
https://archive.foolz.us/_/search/tripcode/!xltmUpewoI/

I'll be going to bed now, hoping there will be more when I wake up! ;)

chaosomega said:
So two lairs with no meaning, found so far, Who thinks there is more than meets the eyes to these games?

As I said earlier maybe you need to have an item (like the one for heatran in b2/w2) or the unlock an event (regis in R/S/E). Or ofc you need an event pokemon ... (arceus event in hg/ss)

chaosomega said:

This intrigues me. Perhaps there is a side quest that needs to be done to unlock these unknown pokemon?

Do you know where this section is in the region (central, coastal, mountain)?

Okay, 2 "151" legendary layers down, one to go...wow, I didn't expect this theory to be true, but it actually could be.

DrEspeon said:

Okay, 2 "151" legendary layers down, one to go...wow, I didn't expect this theory to be true, but it actually could be.

This could be in either Central or Mountain. I'm assuming Mountain.

Also I'm assuming the Sea Spirit's Cave is in Coastal, makes sense based on the name.

Tuoko said:
DrEspeon said:

This could be in either Central or Mountain. I'm assuming Mountain.

Also I'm assuming the Sea Spirit's Cave is in Coastal, makes sense based on the name.

If that is the case then maybe they have a hidden area in the centrsl dex area as well.

There maybe an area like that, I wonder if it's in the sky, or has a sky theme. You know Land, Sea and Air.

This may be a bit off topic, but do we have a list of all the confirmed retyped Pokemon yet??

I'm wondering if these areas will be hone to the trio legendaries this gen, kind of like how you had to solve a puzzle to find the three Regis in Hoenn. If that's the case, there should be 721 Pokemon plus whatever undiscovered event legendaries there are.

Edit: The Tumblr account now says it's not a legendary lair, and "thanks a lot fake leaker!" Does that mean the place was confirmed to have another purpose, the place was empty like the Sea Spirit place, or the entire image was faked altogether?

In light of these hidden lairs being found, I dug up an old May article from another site. It roughly outlines the potential legendaries that could be spawned from Norse mythology, as well as the reasoning behind them.

Since not everyone may be familiar with Norse mythology, I thought some of the more pertinent information would be worth posting here as a speculation topic/learning opportunity (spoiler because it's long):

So, what is Norse Mythology?
Norse Mythology is the fabled idea that the earth was not round, but instead a flat disc. This disc, sits in the branches or something called ‘The World Tree’, known as the Yggdrasil. At the base of the Yggdrasil is Midgard, the realm of men, which is home to many Stags, each with particular colour stones within their long antlers. At the opposite end of the Yggdrasil, at the top is Asgard, realm of the gods which is looked over by the blind eagle. Then deep under the roots of the Yggdrasil is said to be a trapped serpent-like dragon known as Niohoggr who is near the realms of the dead.

SERPENT-DRAGON POKÉMON
We’ll start with the obvious one which we’ve already mentioned – the serpent dragon, Niohoggr. This particular beast has been compared to a potential Giratina by many Pokémon fans, based upon the mythology, Niohoggr lives deep within the roots of the Yggdrasil and is a dark creature who wanders the realm of the dead.The roots of Yggdrasil is obviously a remote location that is not ventured to by many, which could be compared to Giratina’s distortion world. X&Y may well introduce us to this Pokémon along with an alternate location for method of its capture.

MONSTROUS WOLF POKÉMON
North Mythology speaks of the wolf, Fenrir – who is foretold to have killed the God, Odin. Fenrir was raised by the gods which adds controversy to the murder of the God Odin and sets Fenrir as being a treacherous personality. Could we see a Monsterous Wolf Pokémon in X&Y? Perhaps it killed its trainer in the past and has become bitter and evil over time?.. Slightly violent for the Pokémon series, maybe! But I’m sure a less brutal version of the story could be
told.

THE SQUIRREL POKÉMON
Running up and down Yggdrasil is said to be a Squirrel named Ratatoskr. It is said that Ratatoskr carries messages between the blind Eagle at the top of Yggdrasil and Niohoggr (the serpent-like dragon) at the roots of Yggdrasil. The name Ratatoskr typically means ‘drill-tooth’, and folklore states that Ratatoskr gnaws away at the trunk of Yggdrasil. If this were to be a Pokémon, it could be that this squirrel is an instigator of a feud between two others, causing situations between two other powerful legendaries through lies and stretching of the truth. To further speculate on theory, maybe this squirrel is taking order from an evil organisation who have a goal in mind at world destruction, or who are sought after the capture of the feuding legendaries.

THE RAVEN DUO POKÉMON
Huginn and Muninn are a pair of Ravens who fly all over the world. They bring information of the world to the God, Odin. Similar to Ratatoskr, the Squirrel – this pair of Ravens could be perceived as ‘spies’ – capable of causing trouble through ill-informed information and understanding of situations in which they witness. Maybe in a true Pokémon story telling, these birds could be rivals? One the representation of good, and one the representation of evil.

THE GIANT TRIO/ORIGINAL GIANT POKÉMON
In Norse Mythology, the Jotun – also known as ‘the giants’, are often opposed to the gods, they are strong creatures who even though referred to as ‘giants’ are said to be slightly bigger than human beings. They are said to have separated into factions over the years, with some giants being larger than others. These larger giants are different types of Giants in terms of elemental status – fire, frost and mountain. Maybe this could be our next trio legendary line up?.

Norse Mythology also says that the entire world of men was born from the flesh of Ymir, who was a Giant of cosmic proportion and one of the original Giants. Perhaps if these two factions were brought into the Pokémon world, we could have a group of Pokémon similar to the Regis. The original giant being the equivalent to Regigigas.

The serpent dragon and 'giants' mentioned in the article already seem to have been incorporated into the games (with the giant potentially being that AZ person, who is reportedly 9 ft tall), leaving Fenrir, the Squirrel, and Raven(s) likely legendary candidates. However, I could also see a pokemon based on Slepnir, Odin's multi-legged horse, as a legendary as well, but that's just me.

So does the pokedex seriously end with Zygarde? Only THREE legendaries?

it wouldn't be nuts that there are only 3 legendaries considering that we have only 70sth new pokemons, it's proportionate

I'm reading that aurorus's stats have been posted. Anybody have the screen?

Anyone else read that a Sceptile, Groudon, Rayquaza and Kyogre mega got trademarked?

Darkrai said:
Anyone else read that a Sceptile, Groudon, Rayquaza and Kyogre mega got trademarked?

Really? Please tell me where you got this information from because I want mega sceptile :D :D :D

I bet the rest of the starters will get released via mystery gift one at a time over the next year. At this point, I doubt any more are available in game.

I am praying that we get 3 more legendaries at least

There's buzz about a wolf legendary, but I'm not sure where that came from. Also, something has to be in the Sea Spirit's den. I'm sure the rest of the legends are just well hidden. IIRC Kyurem, Giratina, and Rayquaza weren't at the end of their respective dexes.

chaosomega said:
I am praying that we get 3 more legendaries at least

I do believe that at least the Fenrir and Ratatosk inspired legendaries will happen. They might be event only though so the leakers can't find them unless one of them dissects the game coding and datamines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back