XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Mewtwo confirmed to have a SECOND Mega evolution!

Well now that looks pretty cool. I suppose it doesn't necessarily confirm a second form (unless that's what the text and announcers are saying/implying) but it is a pretty good bet. I'm curious if other pokemon would get second mega forms too? Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it would be a MewTwo exclusive for a second one.

Also, I haven't really liked the anime all that much for a long time, but that lady who looks to be challenging Striaton gym looks pretty interesting. I wonder what's up with her.

SuperDuper said:
Well now that looks pretty cool. I suppose it doesn't necessarily confirm a second form (unless that's what the text and announcers are saying/implying) but it is a pretty good bet. I'm curious if other pokemon would get second mega forms too? Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it would be a MewTwo exclusive for a second one.

They say something about a "shocking revelation". Plus we've seen Mewtwo evolve into the form we know already. Why would they block it out now?

SuperDuper said:

Personally, I'm betting if Mewtwo does get a second form, he'll be the only one.

The whole idea of Mega Evolution in general, and the idea of the ultimate Pokemon Mewtwo getting a second unique Mega form, all sound like great ideas for the plot (and I know I for one would love to see Mewtwo finally find a place in the plot of a main Pokemon game).

Rusty Sticks said:
They say something about a "shocking revelation". Plus we've seen Mewtwo evolve into the form we know already. Why would they block it out now?
Good points, but we still can't say with absolute certainty this means Mewtwo is getting a second form; wouldn't be the first time they surprised us with something totally unpredictable.

Still... the whole thing does seem rather suspicious...

Two forms for Mewtwo?
That doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.
Unless, there were to be a separate form for each version.
Mewtwonite X and Mewtwonite Y as stones. Version exclusive and all.
But what version would the Mega Evo Mewtwo we've been seeing all year, go to?

98Greener said:
Two forms for Mewtwo?
My guess is Y. New one will hypothetically be X.
Also it could be releasing Mega Mew to them and they were trying to trick us.

zappy800 said:
98Greener said:
Two forms for Mewtwo?
How could this be revealing Mega Mew, since it's clearly Mewtwo doing the Mega Evolving?

Mmm, maybe, just maybe, and this is all speculation, of course... mewtwo won't need a megastone to evolve? I mean, in the movie the female mewtwo megaevolves at a whim, without megastones, unneccesary bracelet thing, or trainer feelings, that seems like a particularly nasty plot hole, violating the new mechanics of the pokemon universe; not the kind of thing that would just pass because it's a movie.
After all, mewtwo, being engineered, could have an innate potential to megaevolve on its own that natural pokemon don't have.

And if the two mewtwo forms were true after all and the more mew-like one is not megamew, but a "purified" stage of mewtwo, less artificial and more in contact with it's ancestor? a sort of true evolution where mewtwo loses its artificial traits?

The only weird thing is how to obtain each... could be one for X and one for Y... gender I think is out of the question, since mewtwo is still genderless. maybe trainer gender? though, version exclusive makes sense... the version could be added to the pokemon data, and since the games seem to focus in creation vs destruction, a "naturalistic" megamewtwo would be a good contrast to the more alien and artificial design of megamewtwo... but they should have said something about it if megamewtwo were to be a Y exclusive... why reveal it so late?

J.D. said:
zappy800 said:
How could this be revealing Mega Mew, since it's clearly Mewtwo doing the Mega Evolving?
Simple all acting to get us thinking it is a megamewtwo form.

professorlight said:
Mmm, maybe, just maybe, and this is all speculation, of course... mewtwo won't need a megastone to evolve? I mean, in the movie the female mewtwo megaevolves at a whim, without megastones, unneccesary bracelet thing, or trainer feelings, that seems like a particularly nasty plot hole, violating the new mechanics of the pokemon universe; not the kind of thing that would just pass because it's a movie.
After all, mewtwo, being engineered, could have a innate potential to megaevolve on its own that natural pokemon don't have.
I turn your attention to the Kyurem movie, where Kyurem freely transformed between forms, despite having to fuse with Reshiram or Zekrom to achieve its White or Black form. Really, this isn't the first case where the movies and anime defied game facts.

professorlight said:
The only weird thing is how to obtain each... could be one for X and one for Y... gender I think is out of the question, since mewtwo is still genderless. maybe trainer gender? though version exclusive makes sense, the version could be added to the pokemon data, and since the games seem to focus in creation vs destruction, a "naturalistic" megamewtwo would be a good contrast to the more alien and artificial design of megamewtwo... but they should have said something about it if megamewtwo were to be a Y exclusive... why reveal it so late?
This is hardly the first Pokemon with multiple alternate forms... logically, they'd introduce different transformation items to induce the specific transformation.

And why reveal this second form so late? Well, I probably sound like a broken record by now, but maybe this second form is a super secret Mega form, meant to be superior to Mega Mewtwo and all the other Mega Form Pokemon. It'd certainly explain the secrecy and the delay behind the reveal.

zappy800 said:
J.D. said:
Simple all acting to get us thinking it is a megamewtwo form.
So they showed off Mewtwo Mega Evolving, then covered Mewtwo up at the last second before his Mega Form was shown... to keep us from thinking Mew is getting a Mega Evolution? That doesn't make any sense; why even suggest Mewtwo is getting some new secret form if the surprise has nothing to do with him?

Awesome, I've been waiting on what the second form was going to look like. I had a small belief that maybe it was a Mega Mew after seeing how the mechanic worked, but seeing this its obvious that its Mewtwo. I do wonder how they plan on implementing the mechanic for a second one though. I think what 98Greener said seems the most probable, that there will simple be two separate stones as version exclusives. It makes the most sense. And I can bet that we will be getting some sort of event Mewtwo eventually. I was wondering why it was necessary at all for each Pokemon to have its own mega stone (blazikinite, lucarionite) but looking at it now, this means that it leaves the chance for some Pokemon to have more than one Mega Evolution.
Not that I really think that is necessary, either... but hey, why not I guess.

SuperDuper said:
Also, I haven't really liked the anime all that much for a long time, but that lady who looks to be challenging Striaton gym looks pretty interesting. I wonder what's up with her.

I think she's planning on becoming the new gym leader of Icirrus City of Unova since Brycen is retiring and she's challenging the Striaton City Gym to test her skills to she If she's worthy of replacing Brycen as Unova's Ice Type gym leader. She definitely has a much more interesting Pokemon roster than Brycen does with Abomasnow, Mamoswine, and Glalie. But she could also be from Sinnoh and traveled to Unova for some battles.

As for Mewtwo's 2nd Mega Evolution, hopefully it won't look like Majin Buu from DBZ. But I do remember hearing rumors of a 2nd Mega Evolution for Mewtwo for quite some time now so this is nothing new. I just really want to see the permanent/standard evolutions for the Kalos starters and I still think Fennekin will look like Ninetales when it fully evolves considering how it's labeled as a Vulpix clone which it is.

Card Slinger J said:
I just really want to see the permanent/standard evolutions for the Kalos starters and I still think Fennekin will look like Ninetales when it fully evolves considering how it's labeled as a Vulpix clone which it is.

I disagree it is a fire fox but vulpix has six tails and isn't psychic. (which I believe will happen to fennekin) Plus fennekin will probably end up standing which will suck. CURSE YOU TROLLFREAK. Besides fennekin isn't based on the japanese kitsune so this might make it it's own thing. (sorry bout this post I just love fennekin and hate people comparing it to vulpix which I hate)

J.D. said:
professorlight said:
After all, mewtwo, being engineered, could have a innate potential to megaevolve on its own that natural pokemon don't have.
I turn your attention to the Kyurem movie, where Kyurem freely transformed between forms, despite having to fuse with Reshiram or Zekrom to achieve its White or Black form. Really, this isn't the first case where the movies and anime defied game facts.

Yeah, you are right, I forgot about kyurem... oh, well, it was speculation, after all.

J.D. said:
professorlight said:
The only weird thing is how to obtain each... could be one for X and one for Y... gender I think is out of the question, since mewtwo is still genderless. maybe trainer gender? though version exclusive makes sense, the version could be added to the pokemon data, and since the games seem to focus in creation vs destruction, a "naturalistic" megamewtwo would be a good contrast to the more alien and artificial design of megamewtwo... but they should have said something about it if megamewtwo were to be a Y exclusive... why reveal it so late?
This is hardly the first Pokemon with multiple alternate forms... logically, they'd introduce different transformation items to induce the specific transformation.

Multiple alternate forms? yes, but multiple megaforms? that seems a little weird... but, we don't quite know the kind of stuff GF can do with megaforms, so... as long as it makes so much sense as kangaskhan's, I'll be happy.

J.D. said:
And why reveal this second form so late? Well, I probably sound like a broken record by now, but maybe this second form is a super secret Mega form, meant to be superior to Mega Mewtwo and all the other Mega Form Pokemon. It'd certainly explain the secrecy and the delay behind the reveal.

But isn't the whole point of megaforms to even the field between pokemon? I mean, everybody since forgotten starters to previously non-remarkable (strength-wise, of course) pokemon can get megaforms, and powerful ones, at that, so now, even a mawile can put up a good battle against a hydreigon, something suicidal before megaforms appeared, so what is the point of a super secret superior megaform to one of the strongest pokemon out there? normal mewtwo now wouldn't be so overpowered compared to other pokemon, but if it becomes even stronger, it'll keep dominating, and that isn't nice (well, for us who don't like mewtwo, I mean, he even got miracle eye, that's not fair...).

RE: New Information, Rumors & Speculation

What if the new Mewtwo Mega Evolution requires Mew's Mega Stone to Mega Evolve? They might be able to use each others' Mega Evolution stone, because Mewtwo is cloned from Mew and they share the same DNA. It would explain why one Mega Evolution resembles Mew more.

RE: Rumors & Speculation

My thought is the fact that mewtwo hates everyone/is misunderstood. How could he possibly develop a close relationship to someone in order to mega evolve like other pokemon. Well, he probably didn't. Just like in the movie, since mewtwo doesn't really have any friends and everyone's afraid of him, maybe he became his own friend/gave up on everyone else and relied on himself. Then he used his immense power to evolve without help from someone else since relying on someone would show him to be weak.

Ohman177 said:
My thought is the fact that mewtwo hates everyone/is misunderstood. How could he possibly develop a close relationship to someone in order to mega evolve like other pokemon. Well, he probably didn't. Just like in the movie, since mewtwo doesn't really have any friends and everyone's afraid of him, maybe he became his own friend/gave up on everyone else and relied on himself. Then he used his immense power to evolve without help from someone else since relying on someone would show him to be weak.

Did you not watch anything after the first Mewtwo movie?

After Ash showed that he wanted to help Mewtwo, Mewtwo realized that not all humans want to misuse Pokemon for power and Mewtwo became more friendly toward Ash and his gang before leaving with the clone Pokemon to live in peace.

Card Slinger J said:
SuperDuper said:

I think she's planning on becoming the new gym leader of Icirrus City of Unova since Brycen is retiring and she's challenging the Striaton City Gym to test her skills to she If she's worthy of replacing Brycen as Unova's Ice Type gym leader. She definitely has a much more interesting Pokemon roster than Brycen does with Abomasnow, Mamoswine, and Glalie. But she could also be from Sinnoh and traveled to Unova for some battles.

Do you think it's possible she's a gym leader from Kalos?? She may not have any Kalos Pokemon, but it could be kept secret from us, or she could reveal a Kalos ice type by the end of the episode. Kalos does have a snow covered city, so maybe she's from there??

Expand as much as possible:
http://www.corocoro.tv/pokemon_book/

And tell me if it is marked with the circle is an ancient Pokémon or one not yet known.
YRbrqxZ.jpg

Edit.:
Nothing, I thought it was something new but I think it Chespin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back