XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

@Lovey I kinda doubt it. Everyone needs to make money, and this seems to be Pokemon's way of doing it (Though 5$ per year isn't much)
The best solution to your problem is to immediately transfer Pokemon without storing them. However, I don't expect many big errors with Bank.

@papakankri It entirely depends on the Walmart you go to. Some stores will have midnight, some will open early Saturday (Like my local Gamestop) and others will treat it as any other game. It's up to the location itself.

Can't wait for X/Y! Just 12 hours 20 minutes until it's mine! Trust me, it goes be pretty quick when your sleeping. :p

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

@Dragon Pokemon
$5 doesn't sound like much but when you multiply by the millions of Pokemon fans, that's a lot of money!

Dragon Pokémon said:
Can't wait for X/Y! Just 12 hours 20 minutes until it's mine! Trust me, it goes be pretty quick when your sleeping. :p
Only 4 hours for me!!

grassdragon said:
@Dragon Pokemon
$5 doesn't sound like much but when you multiply by the millions of Pokemon fans, that's a lot of money!

Especially if there are 1 billion players (Lets just say there are) then that is $5bil they made that year.

grassdragon said:
@Dragon Pokemon

Yeah, but the thing is if Pokemon made it $10 or even $15 per year, they'd have the same sell rate. Even 5$ per month would barely make a dent in their buyers. Just look at Elder Scrolls Online. $15 per month and everyone will still pay it on top of the $60 cost up front for the game in the first place.

When you consider the money they could make, it's not so much.

MetalPharoah said:
grassdragon said:
@Dragon Pokemon

Especially if there are 1 billion players (Lets just say there are) then that is $5bil they made that year.

There's no reason for the servers to be sucky or crashy if they get a few million dollars just to keep it up and running. Things happen though.

Zapydos2 said:
MetalPharoah said:

There's no reason for the servers to be sucky or crashy if they get a few million dollars just to keep it up and running. Things happen though.

GameFreak tends to be pretty good about these things from what I know. I personally don't expect many problems with them at all. Plus, I think GameFreak knows what they'll get into if anyone loses all their stored Pokemon.

Dragon Pokémon said:
Zapydos2 said:

GameFreak tends to be pretty good about these things from what I know. I personally don't expect many problems with them at all. Plus, I think GameFreak knows what they'll get into if anyone loses all their stored Pokemon.

I agree. It would be a P.R. disaster if ever any data from Pokémon Bank is lost. IMO, it would be an irreparable breach of confidence if the first time GF asks us to pay extra for something, it bombs.

FT10 said:
Dragon Pokémon said:

I agree. It would be a P.R. disaster if ever any data from Pokémon Bank is lost. IMO, it would be an irreparable breach of confidence if the first time GF asks us to pay extra for something, it bombs.

That would be terrible. They'd have to make it free after that. Well, at least for who ever loses data.

Imagine if everyone who uses it loses all the Pokemon they have in at all at once without warning...that would either be the start of an apocalypse or WW3.

The Gamestop here is doing a midnight release, but since the one nearest my school is about 30 minutes away (and 85% of the road is completely unlit at night), I'm passing and picking my two up when they open at 10. Hitting a deer in the dark on my way to/ from the store would be a real downer, you know?

On topic though, I'm still wondering if the Nidorina/Nidoqueen breeding conundrum has been fixed....

Kitana Coldfire said:
The Gamestop here is doing a midnight release, but since the one nearest my school is about 30 minutes away (and 85% of the road is completely unlit at night), I'm passing and picking my two up when they open at 10. Hitting a deer in the dark on my way to/ from the store would be a real downer, you know?

On topic though, I'm still wondering if the Nidorina/Nidoqueen breeding conundrum has been fixed....

I don't blame you there. There are wooded areas near my house that are notorious with deer. So, I'm passing up on the midnight release too, Target can wait.

Who knows?

Anyone know where Ralts are in XY?

I guess it wouldn't be to Farfetch'd so think Nidolustions could be somewhat of a gender difference considering all these new, complicated differences.
Kinda doubt it though. Maybe Nidoran will actually be considered by the proper gender now.

Dragon Pokémon said:
FT10 said:

That would be terrible. They'd have to make it free after that. Well, at least for who ever loses data.

Imagine if everyone who uses it loses all the Pokemon they have in at all at once without warning...that would either be the start of an apocalypse or WW3.

My connection here isn't that good and I'm worried all my data will be lost if the connection cuts out.

Dragon Pokémon said:
I guess it wouldn't be to Farfetch'd so think Nidolustions could be somewhat of a gender difference considering all these new, complicated differences.
Kinda doubt it though. Maybe Nidoran will actually be considered by the proper gender now.

Well, yeah, there's that, but I was talking about if they fixed the breeding problem that's plagued Nidorina/Nidoqueen since Gen II; ie, the fact that they can't breed.

Blob55 said:
Dragon Pokémon said:

My connection here isn't that good and I'm worries all my data will be lost if the connection cuts out.

I seriously doubt a personal bad connection will be an issue. It either saves when your done or autosaves constantly, so the worst I'd expect to happen is that you'd need to re-do a transition or two if your connection fails during the move, I doubt you'll lose Pokemon.

Ok guys where is that list with the pokedexs and mega evolutions for Kalos. I need to find it ASAP!

Guys, I have a feeling they'll make it so anything put into the PokéCloud for PB will have a saved backup just in case. Also, I wonder if they'll make it so you can eventually buy new PC wallpapers for in-game via Bank... That would be cool. Or maybe new interfaces for things like the party screen and PC and other menus! I'd love to see the FRLG and DPPt ones return for the party, and I loved how gen V had it look like a real PC with the arrow mouse!

I've found a store who agreed to sell me a Y copy, now I'm just waiting my X from the post service while I chill out level grinding my Chespin. Victory!
This brings me to a question? Is there at the moment any database of what pokemon dwells in what areas?

In just 3 hours I will have my games :D. Too bad I have to work tomorrow. :-/

Reggie McGigas said:
Ok guys where is that list with the pokedexs and mega evolutions for Kalos. I need to find it ASAP!

I'd love to give it to you, but it would be advertising. The best thing to do is search the internet or just wait for Pokebeach's Mega-Evo's list to update (Which I'm sure will be soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back