XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors & Speculation

mastermagpie said:
"It has been announced by The Pokémon Company that a special announcement is to be released at 8am PDT on Monday." What could this mean!? D:

I think it'll be a new feature or an expansion on an already revealed feature!

zappy800 said:
professorlight said:
Hey, personal opinion. I don't really like poodles, especially when its owners cut their hair, but then, I don't like dogs in general. Too loud.

But, I have no qualms with furfrou; it's actually a very smart design and mechanics, and when I read the part about it protecting the king of kalos, I really thought "GF, you magnificent bastards... you did it again!".

Actually it depends on the dog if it is loud. Besides you can't say a poodle being dumb is personal opinion they are some of the smartest dogs out here...

I'm calling them dumb for other reasons, not implying they are some sort of imbeciles. I haven't had any poodles take an IQ test, so I wouldn't know.

Can we cut it with this poodle business? I don't even care enough to continue discussing it.

mastermagpie said:
"It has been announced by The Pokémon Company that a special announcement is to be released at 8am PDT on Monday." What could this mean!? D:

It's also said it's related to "gotta catch 'em all" so it's probably a website for something.

I'm honestly thinking that:

1. More Mega Evolutions
2. Fully Evolved Starters
3. Evolutions
4. Plot
5. Another Mind Blowing Thing

will be revealed on Monday.

If I was you, I wouldn't get so hyped for Monday. It's probably gonna be something small, and it probably won't reveal anything new for XY...

TheRoyalXerneas said:
If I was you, I wouldn't get so hyped for Monday. It's probably gonna be something small, and it probably won't reveal anything new for XY...

Well, if it's going to be small, then make it reveal Orootto.
I've been wondering about that guy since the day he was drawn.

new_rumors_by_krocf4-d6j4r58.png

new_rumors_by_krocf4-d6f91dd.png

true_rumors__dedenne_confirmed__by_krocf4-d6dxaxz.png

Found these. Although the third one is late (as most has been confirmed), I still think these are nice to think about since they're some of the few rumors i found not yet proven right or wrong.

That list of Pokemon names is now more or less proven, even tough it is just the names... The two other lists are also interesting, both seem to have points that seem to be true, so I think we should keep those lists in mind, if there isn't any prove those are false.
I really hope the 124 Pokemon is true, I love huge amounts of new Pokemon, but I really dislike the idea of a enormous number of legendaries within one generation, there better be a good story behind them... (or small, but engaging side-stories).

FloodBadge said:

Found these. Although the third one is late (as most has been confirmed), I still think these are nice to think about since they're some of the few rumors i found not yet proven right or wrong.

Well, Torimian (Furfrou), Hariboogu (Quilladin), Gekogashira (Frogadier), Teeronaa (Braixen), and Nyaonikusu (Meowstick) were confirmed from this list (as was Dedenne a while back), so I would go out on a limb and say that all these names are legit.

That said, their literal translations obviously aren't fully accurate.

3-stage ice wolf sound excellent. Especially with the likelihood of it having refrigerate.

Rumors & Speculation

Kitana Coldfire said:
FloodBadge said:

Well, Torimian (Furfrou), Hariboogu (Quilladin), Gekogashira (Frogadier), Teeronaa (Braixen), and Nyaonikusu (Meowstick) were confirmed from this list (as was Dedenne a while back), so I would go out on a limb and say that all these names are legit.

That said, their literal translations obviously aren't fully accurate.

And Horubii was Bunnelby! Yeah, the translations are a bit hit or miss. Mainly miss.

Well some of those above rumors sound possible, and some have been confirmed, the only one that really doesn't appeal to me at all is the large amount of legendaries. Sinnoh had 14, which was a significant portion of its pokedex. I personally don't like using legendaries really, so I would dislike it if there were about 20.

Also I like the idea of past characters returning. The ones mentioned would be great (gotta love me Cynthia) and it could help us place where in the canon timeline X and Y take place. I would also love it if they were to Reveal that Kalos is in fact Fantina's home region. Although, since she speaks bits of English instead of French in the Japanese version, that may be less likely. Still would be cool though! Getting older characters involved again is great.

Oh! What if an older character had a new position in the Kalos region? In a similar manner to Caitlin from Gen IV to Gen V. She left the Battle Castle and returned to Unova and joined the Elite 4. It would be interesting if a gym leader or someone of similar position from a past generation were to make a return as a leader or Elite 4, or some other high ranking trainer position.

SuperDuper said:
Well some of those above rumors sound possible, and some have been confirmed, the only one that really doesn't appeal to me at all is the large amount of legendaries. Sinnoh had 14, which was a significant portion of its pokedex. I personally don't like using legendaries really, so I would dislike it if there were about 20.

Also I like the idea of past characters returning. The ones mentioned would be great (gotta love me Cynthia) and it could help us place where in the canon timeline X and Y take place. I would also love it if they were to Reveal that Kalos is in fact Fantina's home region. Although, since she speaks bits of English instead of French in the Japanese version, that may be less likely. Still would be cool though! Getting older characters involved again is great.

Oh! What if an older character had a new position in the Kalos region? In a similar manner to Caitlin from Gen IV to Gen V. She left the Battle Castle and returned to Unova and joined the Elite 4. It would be interesting if a gym leader or someone of similar position from a past generation were to make a return as a leader or Elite 4, or some other high ranking trainer position.

I agree...enough with this over-saturation of legendaries we've experienced the past few gens. By strict definition, it takes away from the mystique and rarity of legendaries if there's too many of them. Now, I do agree that legendary Pokémon are useful in order to advance the plotline and create sidequests, and they're often some of the better designed Pokémon, but I really hope there's no more than 8-9 legendaries in Kalos: Xerneas, Yveltal, the Z-mon, (and maybe a trio master for the XYZ trio, if Z isn't the trio master), a few event Pokémon, and maybe another, less powerful trio. That's it! Keep in mind, we've already been gifted with MegaMewtwo X and Y (love them or not), and who knows... maybe other Gen 1-5 legendaries will be mega-evolved too? Suffice it to say, if there's a Sinnoh-sized amount of legendary Pokémon in Kalos, things could get very boring in a hurry!

So is it confirmed that you have to get all 45 mega stones through DLC? That's so stupid!

Also, more than 30 new moves? Don't most gens add about 100 new moves?

Blob55 said:
So is it confirmed that you have to get all 45 mega stones through DLC? That's so stupid!

Not confirmed yet.

Blob55 said:

If I'm not mistaken, it says on the official Pokemon X and Y website that there are Mega Stones hidden around Kalos Region. Plus Mewtwonite X in Pokemon X and Mewtwonite Y in Pokemon Y.
Then there's the event Torchic holding the Blazikenite.
The Kanto starter you choose Mega Evolves too. So you must be able to get its Mega Stone too.

Nothing has been officially announced about the number of Mega Evolutions or the number of new moves.
It's pure speculation as of right now.

Does anyone have the rumoured XY list? I can't seem to find it.

No, I mean the one that has some confirmed Pokémon in it, like the boss gecko Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back