XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors & Speculation

Crafty said:
oNmw2U9.png

The two antennae look fake as well, the angles don't seem right. It looks like that sheep-thing. I know the sheep-thing was confirmed fake by its creator, who admitted to just try to show off his/her own fakemon in an X&Y battle screenshot.

Btw I really like that Fennekin evo, it actually looks like a witch with the black fur resembling a witch's hat and the red fur looking like braided pigtails. Makes me wonder if it'd be a female only feature (here's hoping for more gender differences. Talk about gender differences, are the small differences in too? Like the shape of Pikachu's tail when it's a female? Can anyone confirm this?). Hopefully it's a legit one.

The Froakie evo... looks pretty legit. I like it mostly but not sure what to think of that tongue used like that...

I wonder if there are any Chespin final evo leaks (or at least new fakes) too. He is the one who interests me the most and I believe a lot of Chespin fans are crossing their fingers for him after the whole Quilladin reveal.

And the luchador bird, it looks pretty legit too. Not sure if I like the body proportions though but it's one of those things that make me think it's actually legit.

Crafty said:

Hawlucha has an attack called Flying Press which is Fighting type - could this be a rumored dual type attack?
(or it might just be a Freeze Dry esque move)

Greninja took some getting used to at first, but I think it will be good once we see the proper Sugimori art and not through a fuzzy screenshot. It definitely looks the part of Water/Fighting.

I also changed the thread name to include spoilers, since it's highly likely we'll see more of them in the time between now and X/Y's release.

RE: Rumors, Speculation and Potential Spoilers

These leaks on Greninja and Hawlucha seem pretty legit compared to the snail and sheep creature.
:eek:

Gosh, by the time i actually played the game, i think i'll already grown so atached to the amazing Fennekin's evo (the witch hat) and Greninja xD

And, is that really tongue on Greninja, i want to believ its just a scarf though.. :rolleyes:

Seen this floating around the net for quite a while
The art style looks similar and I like the design of Braixen's evo
Not sure if real or fake though[attachment=7136]

Attachments

• IMG_105504129060882.jpeg
    IMG_105504129060882.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 184

Zwzchow said:
Seen this floating around the net for quite a while
The art style looks similar and I like the design of Braixen's evo
Not sure if real or fake though

I think those were more or less confirmed as fakes. They popped up on these forums a few weeks ago (or was it last week?)

Yeah, those were already confirmed fake by the artist who drew them. Really convincing fakes, I would have liked them to be real.
(I wish the artist had mentioned they were fake when they started circulating, rather than waiting days before admitting it.)

In regards to this evo:
tumblr_mtuolx1Phc1ri5196o1_400_zps34d345aa.png

It's most definitely fake. There is no way someone could get such a clear in-game screenshot with that much detail. Also the background looks painted in.
It's a nice design (from what we've seen) but it does not seem legit.

Also the lines aren't hard enough for cel-shaded graphics.

Did anyone see the recent pokemon smash? Because I saw a Wi-Fi battle between Slowbro, Pangoro, and Ampharos vs Blaziken, Malamar, Shedinja and Gogoat. Ok, Blaziken went mega and used that swirling fire attack and knocked out Pangoro but I noticed his sp.atk sharply fell then Malamar used topsy-turvy, I believe that was a fire type draco meteor but when Slowbro came out it's trick room turned the tables. Slowbro used rain dance then Ampharos already mega evolved used a brilliantly animated thunder to k.o Mega Blaziken and Malamar. Then Slowbro beat Gogoat with Ice Beam before he could use Horn Leech again (on a unrelated note of course Slowbro handled the Horn eech before). Ampharos then defeated Shendinja with Thunder cause of Mold Breaker and won. More rumors I heard there's supposedly a phoenix pokemon but it's a water phoenix, a elderly man named Master Calix is working alongside Professor Sycamore to find the mysteries of Mega Evolution gives you a Riolu holding Lucarionite, there's a fairy and steel type gyms and a new fairy pokemon named Koadly. Something else I heard that may be a deal-breaker for X and Y around 70 new pokemon are being introduced which is why I hope these rumors are a steaming load of crap.

SuchADamnLady369 said:
Did anyone see the recent pokemon smash? Because I saw a Wi-Fi battle between Slowbro, Pangoro, and Ampharos vs Blaziken, Malamar, Shedinja and Gogoat. Ok, Blaziken went mega and used that swirling fire attack and knocked out Pangoro but I noticed his sp.atk sharply fell then Malamar used topsy-turvy, I believe that was a fire type draco meteor but when Slowbro came out it's trick room turned the tables. Slowbro used rain dance then Ampharos already mega evolved used a brilliantly animated thunder to k.o Mega Blaziken and Malamar. Then Slowbro beat Gogoat with Ice Beam before he could use Horn Leech again (on a unrelated note of course Slowbro handled the Horn eech before). Ampharos then defeated Shendinja with Thunder cause of Mold Breaker and won. More rumors I heard there's supposedly a phoenix pokemon but it's a water phoenix, a elderly man named Master Calix is working alongside Professor Sycamore to find the mysteries of Mega Evolution gives you a Riolu holding Lucarionite, there's a fairy and steel type gyms and a new fairy pokemon named Koadly. Something else I heard that may be a deal-breaker for X and Y around 70 new pokemon are being introduced which is why I hope these rumors are a steaming load of crap.
They could mean 70 more new Pokemon. Otherwise, it's a bunch of bull.

Game Freak wouldn't give us a mere 70 new Pokemon overall, especially when 41 have already been revealed.

Something I noticed about Hawlucha and Greninja:

Both of the pokemon have the box symbol on their status screens (the little blue shape), both of them have the exact same shape as the Chespin does in this image:
Stats_Screen_Chespin_(X_%26_Y).jpg

It's not definite proof they are fake, but it's something to consider.
(Does anybody actually ever use those box shape things? I have never had a use for them)

Razmos said:

Both of the pokemon have the box symbol on their status screens (the little blue shape), both of them have the exact same shape as the Chespin does in this image:

(Does anybody actually ever use those box shape things? I have never had a use for them)

What is the pentagon used for, or what does it indicate?

I know the other six symbols are just markers for your Pokémon.

Razmos said:

Why wouldn't it be closer to the other shapes if it was a marker?

It's the same shape as the Kalos Pokedex symbol, so it could have something to do with that.

Razmos said:

Actually, unless they added a new symbol for X/Y that's not one of the Marking symbols. The Markings in both gen IV and V are: ● - ▲ - ■ - ♥ - ★ - ♦ which is the same order as seen in the screenshot. The blue "box" you mentioned is a pentagonal shape.I believe it may represent what area of the game you caught/met it in, since the Pokedex is split into three areas represented by different colors and a pentagonal symbol.

Whatever the case may be on that score... I only used the Markings system when I had more than one of the same Pokemon, and only to denote which one I caught first.

Pokequaza said:
Razmos said:

What is the pentagon used for, or what does it indicate?

I know the other six symbols are just markers for your Pokémon.
I assumed the pentagon was a box marker symbol like you said.
but looking carefully at it, It doesn't look like it is.

Then again, looking at the wiki, it seems that 2 box symbols were added in the past, so maybe this generation adds another?
Leaferian said:
Actually, unless they added a new symbol for X/Y that's not one of the Marking symbols. The Markings in both gen IV and V are: ● ▲ ■ ♥ ★ ♦ which is the same order as seen in the screenshot. The blue "box" you mentioned is a pentagonal shape.I believe it may represent what area of the game you caught/met it in, since the Pokedex is split into three areas represented by different colors and a pentagonal symbol.

Whatever the case may be on that score... I only used the Markings system when I had more than one of the same Pokemon, and only to denote which one I caught first.
Ah yes of course, I completely forgot that the 3 pokedex areas are shaped like a pentagon. Very nice deduction there

I'm wondering why it's always Froakie and Fennekin getting faked final stages... Is it because they are more favored? Or did Quilladin surprise everyone so bad that not even fakers know what to do with him?

Is there a video of the smash episode? I've read about it from another fansite and it seems to confirm an important question:

"During the final episode of Pokémon Smash, it was finally fully showcased how Mega Evolutions work in battle, answering a question that has been in place in some parts of the fandom since the revelation. It proved that you can have a Mega Evolution in combat if your opponent also has one, with this footage being the first showcase of two Mega Evolutions being seen in battle, as seen in this battle where Mega Ampharos was used against Mega Blaziken confirming that it is one per trainer in battle, not one overall per battle."

Baktwerel said:
I'm wondering why it's always Froakie and Fennekin getting faked final stages... Is it because they are more favored? Or did Quilladin surprise everyone so bad that not even fakers know what to do with him?

Is there a video of the smash episode? I've read about it from another fansite and it seems to confirm an important question:

"During the final episode of Pokémon Smash, it was finally fully showcased how Mega Evolutions work in battle, answering a question that has been in place in some parts of the fandom since the revelation. It proved that you can have a Mega Evolution in combat if your opponent also has one, with this footage being the first showcase of two Mega Evolutions being seen in battle, as seen in this battle where Mega Ampharos was used against Mega Blaziken confirming that it is one per trainer in battle, not one overall per battle."
Here ya go
Battle starts at 0:57

Crafty said:

That proves nothing.

The other feathers could easily be hidden behind its body at that angle.

This is from an objective point of view, because I neither like or dislike the design right now.

Re: RE: Rumors, Speculation and Potential Spoilers

Crafty said:

Hmmm, that's a good point actually... Also, if they use the same model for the battles and stats screen then the feathers look different... They're thinner in battle!

The more you look the fishier it becomes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back