XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors, Speculation and Potential Spoilers

CMP said:
Gotta agree with having ~70 left to reveal. I posted this earlier in the midst of the Hawlucha leaks...

CMP said:
I know this has nothing to do with the rumored leaks, not does it have any basis in anything other than a hunch...but it is speculation. I feel that between being an even-numbered generation, having such a large number of new Pokémon last generation, and Mega Evolutions, the number of new Pokémon won't be anywhere near what some of you are expecting. I could absolutely be wrong (and hopefully I am), but I get a weird feeling about the number 114. With the number revealed so far, 100 (so far the fewest a generation has introduced) seems too low, as does 107 (the number the only other even-numbered generation introduced).

Before you guys point out that I'm trying to make some kind of pattern (100+7+7), I'm not. I actually didn't even realize it until I started typing out this post. It just really seems like a logical number, given some of Gamefreak's latest choices of seemingly random numbers (107 and 156). It's fitting for a smaller generation, and would mean that there's still nearly 2/3 of the new Pokédex to discover. Plus, with the abundance of older Pokémon available, it would be a good way to introduce a few new ones each route/each of the three Kalos 'dexs...and with the rumored number of Megas anywhere between 20-50, that would being the number of "new" (using that term loosely) Pokémon to 134-164. That would be plenty of new opportunities for team building/new battle strategies, I think.

Thoughts?

Makes sense to me.

Ohman177 said:
Can we please dismiss Greninja lol. The freaking Extrasensory PP is off by 10. There's no reason for GF to decrease it since that move isn't OP in the slightest. Let's just focus on Binacle and Hawlucha.

Well, they could have changed it because they added a new effect to it.

Personally, I wouldn't mind fewer Pokemon than usual.
X/Y has defied expectations with new mechanics and features I'd never have expected, that and I think it'll be considerably more strategic than previous titles anyway. Seventy is satisfactory enough, considering the abundance of mechanics and features and all that.

I seriously don't get where Growliere got the idea that there's no post-game.

MalaMarty said:
Blob55 said:
Where do the bubbles go with Froakies evo? Seriously. They're there for two stages and then they're gone by the third?

This is what I'd call the "Politoed Principle" - A loss of traits and sometimes even a shift in color or anatomy. Dewott >>> Samurott, for example. Opposing this is the "Poliwrath Principle", which is when very few traits are gained, something that could apply to Froakie >>> Frogadier, to an extent. Either priciniples apply to a myriad of Pokemon, I don't believe the loss of it's bubbles are anything to go by, especially considering some baby frogs nest in foamy-stuff. I.e, the loss of foam represents maturity and growth.

Agreed, also, as pointed several times before and overlooked, Chikorita principle.

Chikorita and Bayleef redeeming feature, the leaf on top of the head, suddenly burst into antennae on Meganium.

Not to mention that Wartortle's fluffy ears and tails suddenly changed into a whole lot of Blastoise.

Nothing's strange and impossible in Pokemon's design pattern, just because we don't like it doesn't mean it's not real, because there's still a possibility of Greninja being real, even though the name is kinda meh :v

CMP said:
Gotta agree with having ~70 left to reveal. I posted this earlier in the midst of the Hawlucha leaks...

CMP said:
I know this has nothing to do with the rumored leaks, not does it have any basis in anything other than a hunch...but it is speculation. I feel that between being an even-numbered generation, having such a large number of new Pokémon last generation, and Mega Evolutions, the number of new Pokémon won't be anywhere near what some of you are expecting. I could absolutely be wrong (and hopefully I am), but I get a weird feeling about the number 114. With the number revealed so far, 100 (so far the fewest a generation has introduced) seems too low, as does 107 (the number the only other even-numbered generation introduced).

Before you guys point out that I'm trying to make some kind of pattern (100+7+7), I'm not. I actually didn't even realize it until I started typing out this post. It just really seems like a logical number, given some of Gamefreak's latest choices of seemingly random numbers (107 and 156). It's fitting for a smaller generation, and would mean that there's still nearly 2/3 of the new Pokédex to discover. Plus, with the abundance of older Pokémon available, it would be a good way to introduce a few new ones each route/each of the three Kalos 'dexs...and with the rumored number of Megas anywhere between 20-50, that would being the number of "new" (using that term loosely) Pokémon to 134-164. That would be plenty of new opportunities for team building/new battle strategies, I think.

Thoughts?
It's funny that you say that, because about a week ago, I was thinking about this and the number 116 randomly came to mind. I've been wondering about it since then.

Maybe we're Psychic-types. It'd be hilarious if one of us ended up being correct (or if it was 115). XD

-GetaX- said:
This guy has a good point.

1380473256375.png

Blob55 said:
Where do the bubbles go with Froakies evo? Seriously. They're there for two stages and then they're gone by the third?

That's definitely one of the reasons I have a problem with this. It even grows a little bit on Frogadier, so I assumed we'd see something like the fake Gallantoad with more of a cloud cushion surrounding its back and chest.

Well I like the Froakie final evolution Grenija, I like how the tongue raps around its neck, it looks ninja-ish. also Fee posted a thing about some frog make nest out of bubbles and once grown up they don't need them anymore. I am for one the madness has cooled down for now :p

I like the idea that there is more Pokemon and GF isn't telling because that would spoil the surprise. Sure we had leaks but GF sure as heck doesn't want the whole slew of this gen's Pokedex to pop up until after the games release. I'd say that there is more Pokemon waiting for us in the new Kalos region and GF wants to give us a chance to explore and collect these mystical Pokemon. Aside from that, we haven't gotten details about other legends in the Kalos regions besides the mascots.

ChaosRevanLord said:
Everyone is talking about greninja and I'm just sitting here waiting for the quilladin evolution

Yeah.. To be honest, I wish people would quit it. It's as authentic as Hawlucha, just with fewer shots to further validate it. I get really tired of people saying how much they love or hate something when it's all subjective. This is why Starter reveals always make me miserable, people are too critical with very few rational critiques to make me value their opinion anymore than the thousands of others.

MalaMarty said:
ChaosRevanLord said:
Everyone is talking about greninja and I'm just sitting here waiting for the quilladin evolution

Yeah.. To be honest, I wish people would quit it. It's as authentic as Hawlucha, just with fewer shots to further validate it. I get really tired of people saying how much they love or hate something when it's all subjective. This is why Starter reveals always make me miserable, people are too critical with very few rational critiques to make me value their opinion anymore than the thousands of others.

We're allowed to give our opinion here. Not to mention this is a speculation thread, so speculating on whether Greninja is real or fake is perfectly fine.

A lot of people are just expecting the 3rd evolution to go in a different direction, especially since Frogadier is one of the better 2nd stage starters.

Goodness gracious, I go to bed for a few hours and the thread jumps almost 30 pages!

The ELA testing makes me doubt the Froakie evolution, but I'd like to see the same tests run on other confirmed pictures of the status screen before passing final judgement (but kudos to them for noticing the font change if it's fake).

As for the Pokemon themselves.... I really don't mind them that much. Greninja could certainly be much worse (it makes sense that the foam is gone, for previously discussed reasons), and Hawklucha makes complete sense for a flying/fighting type. The anemone.... well, every generation has to have their Sigiliph or Probopass, right?

Poor Chespin, though. Seems none of the leakers want to give the lil dude a chance.

nightkeeper said:
-GetaX- said:
This guy has a good point.

1380473256375.png

Blob55 said:

That's definitely one of the reasons I have a problem with this. It even grows a little bit on Frogadier, so I assumed we'd see something like the fake Gallantoad with more of a cloud cushion surrounding its back and chest.
You both make valid points "Greninja" A is pointy while actual Froakie's is round. I don't like Greninja he is repugnant and why would Frogadier just up and get rid of his bubble clouds? And what does Gren have a thing to do about Frogs/Ampfibians or water?

SuchADamnLady369 said:
nightkeeper said:
You both make valid points "Greninja" A is pointy while actual Froakie's is round. I don't like Greninja he is repugnant and why would Frogadier just up and get rid of his bubble clouds? And what does Gren have a thing to do about Frogs/Ampfibians or water?

This was already disproven- the Froakie screenshot is a very early screenshot, and a screenshot from the Torchic distribution confirms it's since been changed.

nightkeeper said:
MalaMarty said:

We're allowed to give our opinion here. Not to mention this is a speculation thread, so speculating on whether Greninja is real or fake is perfectly fine.

A lot of people are just expecting the 3rd evolution to go in a different direction, especially since Frogadier is one of the better 2nd stage starters.

There are opinions, and there are preferences. Again, it's subjective. It's not wrong, it's different. The 2nd stages only prove that more - People nit-picked those to death (irrationally, I might add) and those are evidently real. Greninja looks authentic, whether you like him or not is down to preference, and, again, it's pretty irrelevant as far as judging the validity of it. Quilladin exists, people don't like it. People are critical of the starter-evo's, everyone believes their expectations mean more than others, and Gamefreak can't appease millions of expectations all at once.

I'm not about to be convinced that there are "WRONGS" of design. Pokemon are not sofa's, or cars. Each have their own attributes, and something to offer. Doesn't appeal to you? Fine, that's preference. But a lot of people use "it's my opinion" as a crutch in an attempt to validate an irrationalized hatred for something they've dismissed undeservedly.

SuchADamnLady369 said:
And what does Gren have a thing to do about Frogs/Ampfibians or water?

Grenadier + ninja = Greninja.

Basically the same root word as Frogadier (grenadier).

The thing about no post game was said by the original leaker who first posted the Greninja on 4chan. He stated that the post game was lacking and was mostly just to catch legendaries. But this seems very unlikely especially since he implied there would only be around 70 new pokemon. I mean not that there only being 70 would be a bad thing, but it would seem odd that GF has released info on about 40 or so already?

Also I have no idea if the person who leaked it said this, but someone said that the tongue wrapped around it's neck could be a part of it's animation on screen, as we have already seen they have moving animations. So perhaps he like licks away the bubbles? I have no idea just speculating haha.

I don't know what to believe anymore with everyone going back and forth haha. If it was real I wouldn't be disappointed personally. Though I wonder if it is Water/Fighting as many have said to be true, then why did the guy not keep any of it's fighting moves?

Rizupicor said:
The thing about no post game was said by the original leaker who first posted the Greninja on 4chan. He stated that the post game was lacking and was mostly just to catch legendaries. But this seems very unlikely especially since he implied there would only be around 70 new pokemon. I mean not that there only being 70 would be a bad thing, but it would seem odd that GF has released info on about 40 or so already?

Also I have no idea if the person who leaked it said this, but someone said that the tongue wrapped around it's neck could be a part of it's animation on screen, as we have already seen they have moving animations. So perhaps he like licks away the bubbles? I have no idea just speculating haha.

I don't know what to believe anymore with everyone going back and forth haha. If it was real I wouldn't be disappointed personally. Though I wonder if it is Water/Fighting as many have said to be true, then why did the guy not keep any of it's fighting moves?
My guess is the same reason he didn't screenshot the typing for him and that is to be a trolololololo

CMP said:
SuchADamnLady369 said:

Could have been Geninja (Genin), but that'd just be Ninja coupled with additional Ninja terminology, which'd be pretty boring.

CMP said:
SuchADamnLady369 said:

Grenouille (French: frog)

Rizupicor said:
Though I wonder if it is Water/Fighting as many have said to be true, then why did the guy not keep any of it's fighting moves?

He also owned a Hawlucha, no need for Fighting moves on Greninja. Who knows, perhaps his Fighting movepool isn't all that great, or he turns out to be something else after all.

Well, at least we'll know for sure once the games come out in 13 days (12 for some).

I wonder if maybe as a way to draw people to customizing their trainers that Nintendo could release special clothing and items aside from the standard event items and Pokemon (oh and I almost forgot the newly revealed O power).

I know it's a long shot, but why not? Make things interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back