XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors, Speculation and Potential Spoilers

Pretty sure this "proved" the starter evos fake last gen too... We all remember how that turned out.

That's weird. I really think that Froakie's Evo is fake. But according to your analyzes, it is supposed to be real. Well... I can't believe it, it too weird looking in my opinion.

Mugi said:
TomoEGoto said:
I had a thought, what if the Daycare was seen abet off screen?
If anyone saw the new commercials and saw the two Pokemon in the fenced area, don't you think with the sign next to it that it could've been the Daycare or at least a ranch?

I might be wrong, but I remembered seeing two Petilil in the fenced area near the Daycare so that's why I was thinking that maybe we saw the Daycare in one of the commercials.

Hm, that being the daycare would make a lot of sense to me. Especially because the road seems to be straight.
Well it's a start considering we still don't know where the DC is in the games and when we can use it.

Until we get confirmation that it's true, I personally, would strongly advise that this information is taken with a grain of salt, as it MIGHT NOT be real.

SavvyJackal said:
Wait, so they're both real?

Oh, the confusion...

From what I understood of the tutorial that means they at least have been flipped or changed in some way but nothing that wasn't already there should have been added to the image.

Ghoster23 said:
SavvyJackal said:
Wait, so they're both real?

Oh, the confusion...

From what I understood of the tutorial that means they at least have been flipped or changed in some way but nothing that wasn't already there should have been added to the image.

Exactly, but still. I can't believe that Froakie's Evo already has been leaked. I call this fake until I have my own game, lol.

Mugi said:
Ghoster23 said:

Exactly, but still. I can't believe that Froakie's Evo already has been leaked. I call this fake until I have my own game, lol.

Yes I think that's a good approach, also thinking about it the fact that from the test it seems to have been altered might be cause by it being a photo of something on a screen...

Mugi said:
That's weird. I really think that Froakie's Evo is fake. But according to your analyzes, it is supposed to be real. Well... I can't believe it, it too weird looking in my opinion.

Everything's subjective, though. Some treat it's tongue-mask with disgust, when I think it's a very welcome spin on the traditional ninja motif. Everyone's entitled to their preferences, but even if it's not your cup of tea, it's extremely authentic.

MalaMarty said:
Mugi said:

Everything's subjective, though. Some treat it's tongue-mask with disgust, when I think it's a very welcome spin on the traditional ninja motif. Everyone's entitled to their preferences, but even if it's not your cup of tea, it's extremely authentic.

Some people speculated that he might not always have it's tang like that the same way that depending on the frame that you selected to upload from that torchic gif people might have gotten the wrong idea of how he would appear in the summary. The tong surrounding him could be just part of his animation.

Where do the bubbles go with Froakies evo? Seriously. They're there for two stages and then they're gone by the third?

Well this is a great day for Pokebeach, WPM must be excited with all of the brand new members!

But about the rumors, I like Hawklucha, and hope its real. Binacle seems plausible, but Greninja I am not sure. The naming theme for the second stage makes me suspicious...

MalaMarty said:
Mugi said:

For me, what's gets me is the fact that neither Froakie nor Frogadier's designs incorporate tongues. While I know Dewott --> Samurott was a much larger physical change than Frogadier --> Greninja, at least it kept a shell/sharp weapon motif. This tongue thing would be much more out of left field.

Blob55 said:
Where do the bubbles go with Froakies evo? Seriously. They're there for two stages and then they're gone by the third?

Wouldn't be the first time something like this happens. Froakie's bubbles = Chikorita's head leaf.

Blob55 said:

Someone posted a very smart idea that those bubbles were from the egg sac that many frogs make out of bubbles. Basically he had remnants of it still on him but by the time he's all grown up, they're gone.

I personally don't believe the accuracy of "image analyzers."
I hope Greninja is fake.
And I definitely don't believe the text that came along with the pics. Only 70 new pokemon, no postgame whatsoever except for catching Mewtwo and Z legendary? Fake.

MalaMarty said:
Mugi said:

I don't treat it's tongue-mask with disgust. You may be right with what you just wrote, but I think that Froakie's main feature, Bubbles around its neck, can very well lead to an End-evo with more bubbles in shape of a scarf for example. I may be wrong, of course, but that's just my imagination and somehow even my expectation I have.

Growliere said:
I hope Greninja is fake.
And I definitely don't believe the text that came along with the pics. Only 70 new pokemon, no postgame whatsoever except for catching Mewtwo and Z legendary? Fake.

Where does it say no post-game?

I think there are 70 MORE Pokémon, in addition to the 40-odd we've seen.

Blob55 said:

This is what I'd call the "Politoed Principle" - A loss of traits and sometimes even a shift in color or anatomy. Dewott >>> Samurott, for example. Opposing this is the "Poliwrath Principle", which is when very few traits are gained, something that could apply to Froakie >>> Frogadier, to an extent. Either priciniples apply to a myriad of Pokemon, I don't believe the loss of it's bubbles are anything to go by, especially considering some baby frogs nest in foamy-stuff. I.e, the loss of foam represents maturity and growth.

Blob55 said:
Growliere said:
I hope Greninja is fake.

Where does it say no post-game?

I think there are 70 MORE Pokémon, in addition to the 40-odd we've seen.

Could very well be true and it would be more than enough with all the new Mega-Evolutions we will get.

Gotta agree with having ~70 left to reveal. I posted this earlier in the midst of the Hawlucha leaks...

CMP said:
I know this has nothing to do with the rumored leaks, not does it have any basis in anything other than a hunch...but it is speculation. I feel that between being an even-numbered generation, having such a large number of new Pokémon last generation, and Mega Evolutions, the number of new Pokémon won't be anywhere near what some of you are expecting. I could absolutely be wrong (and hopefully I am), but I get a weird feeling about the number 114. With the number revealed so far, 100 (so far the fewest a generation has introduced) seems too low, as does 107 (the number the only other even-numbered generation introduced).

Before you guys point out that I'm trying to make some kind of pattern (100+7+7), I'm not. I actually didn't even realize it until I started typing out this post. It just really seems like a logical number, given some of Gamefreak's latest choices of seemingly random numbers (107 and 156). It's fitting for a smaller generation, and would mean that there's still nearly 2/3 of the new Pokédex to discover. Plus, with the abundance of older Pokémon available, it would be a good way to introduce a few new ones each route/each of the three Kalos 'dexs...and with the rumored number of Megas anywhere between 20-50, that would being the number of "new" (using that term loosely) Pokémon to 134-164. That would be plenty of new opportunities for team building/new battle strategies, I think.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back