XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors, Speculation and Potential Spoilers

I call this fake, too.
It really looks like it was photoshopped. And always those blurry pictures... so fishy.

Well, this is certainly a clearer image, if nothing else. The idea is growing on me, at least.

original.jpg

Kitana Coldfire said:
Well, this is certainly a clearer image, if nothing else. The idea is growing on me, at least.

original.jpg

Yea, it's growing on me, as well. Where'd you find that?

SavvyJackal said:
Kitana Coldfire said:

original.jpg

Yea, it's growing on me, as well. Where'd you find that?

A site that cannot be named due to advertising reasons.

Most convincing picture we've gotten so far, though.

Kitana Coldfire said:

original.jpg
Hmm. Not only is that a battle shot, but I compared it to a flipped version of the supposed leaker's image and it would appear that this new Greninja image is definitely from a different angle. You can see more of the head in the image above, the fingers are wiggled outward, and the scarf seems to be laying closer to the body.

It's just the fanart we saw earlier. So sorry guys.. :/

Just to confirm to end further speculation on this thread:

Zielo said:
This
original.jpg

Is this, flipped, resized, and all around photoshopped, from this fanart.
umd8oEr.jpg

While I have to admit, I like it better than the original screenshot of it at least...

Edit: Ninja'd x2. DX

Mugi said:
It's just the fanart we saw earlier. So sorry guys.. :/

I just saw the art in question, and yeah, I see it now, consider it debunkd. Well made fake, though.

original.jpg

1380509840746.jpg

Edit: Man, ninja'd all over the place

Remember this thread is not for posting every single fake picture/rumour you can find. If you find new rumours or want to share your speculations, post them with good reasons of why you think they could be true. Spam will from now on be unapproved and warnings might be given. Members who reply to these rumours and speculations must also use reasonable arguments to support their views.

To talk more freely, you can use the PokéBeach Chat Room!

Welp, that would certainly explain it. Pretty good art, although it's kind of sad someone would take the time to do stuff like this. [/Sigh] I will never understand people.

Also, I really hope that supposed leak WPM talked about a while back is right about the Ghost-type spider. Even though I don't like spiders, Apparachnid sounds kinda cool.

Drohn said:
Remember this thread is not for posting every single fake picture/rumour you can find. If you find new rumours or want to share your speculations, post them with good reasons of why you think they could be true. Spam will from now on be unapproved and warnings might be given. Members who reply to these rumours and speculations must also use reasonable arguments to support their views.

If anything it helps us debunk a lot of fake things people fall for.

I wouldn't really call it spam honestly... some people just don't know. So really it fits into the rumors and speculation subject of the thread.

Though of course mindless spamming of things that are OBVIOUSLY fake is pretty bad.

TokenDuelist said:
Drohn said:

I wouldn't really call it spam honestly... some people just don't know. So really it fits into the rumors and speculation subject of the thread.

Though of course mindless spamming of things that are OBVIOUSLY fake is pretty bad.

If the rumour or image looks real it can be posted. I had to remove images from here of which even the posters stated it was obviously fake, just to point it out. These posts are unnecessary and makes it more difficult to read through the actual rumours and speculation.

Edit: If you like a rumour and/or want it to be true you can use the "Like" button.

Drohn said:
TokenDuelist said:

If the rumour or image looks real it can be posted. I had to remove images from here of which even the posters stated it was obviously fake, just to point it out. These posts are unnecessary and makes it more difficult to read through the actual rumours and speculation.

Fair enough of a ruling c'B Still it's a shame people go through such lengths to the point where this has derailed far from the speculation part huh?

It's not just a simple mirror, copy, and paste job.

I tried overlaying the art on the screenshot, and whoever made the screenshot had to have put in a pretty good amount of work to make Greninja 3D. The hand, pointed away from the camera, is smaller, while the left leg (our right) and the tongue are both bigger (facing toward the camera). Given the proportions, the Greninja present in the screen is either real, or heavily based on (but not exactly the same as) the artwork.

Greninjacompare.png

For reference, the white dots are lined up on the hand.

EDIT:
Greninjacompare2.png

Nevermind. Fake.

CMP said:
I tried overlaying the art on the screenshot, and whoever made the screenshot put in a pretty good amount of work to make Greninja 3D. The hand, pointed away from the camera, is smaller, while the left leg (our right) and the tongue are both bigger (facing toward the camera). Given the proportions, the Greninja present in the screen is either real, or heavily based on (but not exactly the same as) the artwork.

Greninjacompare.png

For reference, the white dots are lined up on the hand.

Didn't someone show this screenshot is just a mirrored fan-art image?

EDIT: Zielo's post, 7 or so post's above yours.

nightkeeper said:

That's what I'm trying to show; it's not simply a mirror. I doubt that it's real, though. All I'm saying is you can't dismiss it that quickly. Does anyone know the time each was posted?

CMP said:
nightkeeper said:

That's what I'm trying to show; it's not simply a mirror. I doubt that it's real, though. All I'm saying is you can't dismiss it that quickly. Does anyone know the time each was posted?

We totally overlooked that. I also tried to do the overlaying, and it's just wont fit perfectly. Now i wonder, if it's the screenshot first, or the fanart first? :p

I just can't wrap my head around it, everyone is getting to me with this being real or not. A tongue scarf though? Why can't it be a bubbles scarf? I don't even think Lickitung and Lickylicky would even go there. Both Froakie and Frogadier are identified as the "Bubble Frog" pokemon usually when pokemon give a pokemon the same classification they go on ahead and use the same classification there are no more bubbles why would he just get rid of them?

SuchADamnLady369 said:
I just can't wrap my head around it, everyone is getting to me with this being real or not. A tongue scarf though? Why can't it be a bubbles scarf? I don't even think Lickitung and Lickylicky would even go there. Both Froakie and Frogadier are identified as the "Bubble Frog" pokemon usually when pokemon give a pokemon the same classification they go on ahead and use the same classification there are no more bubbles why would he just get rid of them?

It's been explained several times before, but the bubbles prove nothing.

Chikorita and Bayleef is a "Leaf Pokemon" with leaf on top of it's head, suddenly Meganium get rid of that leaf and thus become the "Herb Pokemon".

SuchADamnLady369 said:

Eh. Ampharos got rid of his wool.
Why can't Greninja ditch the bubbles?
Perhaps bubbles show while attacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back