XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors, Speculation and Potential Spoilers

Substitute said:
oh god so is greninja fake or not, this is driving me nuts

I thought Mr. Leaker-man already confirmed Greninja was fake. He said him and a couple of his buddies made him up and scattered it along with Binacle across several forums. Though he did say that Hawklucha was a real Pokemon he saw at a demo.

Or, maybe as I said before, it's because some frogs make bubble nests and ditch them when they're fully grown.
Why is it that posts like these get completely ignored? Seriously, I said this once and someone else did to! Someone even showed an image showing the leaker said it was made up by him and friends, just like Binacle, and that Hawlucha is the only real one and how he took a picture of where to even find it.

well the little signature at the bottom says bozzlek, which i couldnt trace back to any account, and theres a date, 30/09/13, so it was made today. i couldnt trace the image back to any accounts either

TheRoyalXerneas said:
Substitute said:

I thought Mr. Leaker-man already confirmed Greninja was fake. He said him and a couple of his buddies made him up and scattered it along with Binacle across several forums. Though he did say that Hawklucha was a real Pokemon he saw at a demo.

Hawlucha wouldn't be at a demo though.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
Substitute said:

Anyone could pop up and say they're the leaker though, until they give some proof they're inventing Greninja, it's not confirmed fake yet.

I can easily create a new account to debunk all the current rumor too if i want :/

TheRoyalXerneas said:
Substitute said:

Well for starters it's Hawlucha according to the screenshots, not Hawklucha like this guy says. More importantly, the person who came forward claiming they were the leaker has offered no proof (to my knowledge) that they are who they said they were. I mean, if they really wanted people to believe them wouldn't they have gone on the multiple accounts they claimed to have created and paste this message everywhere? Or at least the biggest places? An anonymous message on /vg/ claiming to be a leaker coming clean... Well, I've smelled cans of tuna that were less fishy.

I thought the fan art drawing was originally someone attempting to clarify what froakies final evo looked like based on that crappy ds webcam/blurry photo? I thought it was known that it was fan art from the beginning so why does in now have a supposed clear in game shot?

CMP said:
It's not just a simple mirror, copy, and paste job.

I tried overlaying the art on the screenshot, and whoever made the screenshot had to have put in a pretty good amount of work to make Greninja 3D. The hand, pointed away from the camera, is smaller, while the left leg (our right) and the tongue are both bigger (facing toward the camera). Given the proportions, the Greninja present in the screen is either real, or heavily based on (but not exactly the same as) the artwork.

Greninjacompare.png

For reference, the white dots are lined up on the hand.

It's actually pretty possible to do that, and it's quite easy too.

4DTaS.jpg

Just scale and perspectively distort it, and you got the picture.

rizzet said:
it's quite easy too.

4DTaS.jpg

Damn, with all of my Photoshop knowledge I didn't even think to try that. Touché.

CMP said:
rizzet said:
it's quite easy too.

4DTaS.jpg

Damn, with all of my Photoshop knowledge I didn't even think to try that. Touché.

No sweat :D I do Photoshop stuff almost everyday at school. Sorry, I just had to debunk it.

TokenDuelist said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:

Hawlucha wouldn't be at a demo though.

Yeah...I saw a couple videos of the demo. One was about 10 or 15 minute video of someone playing through one demo of it. It seemed like it starts you off at the start of the game. The other demo I saw was someone playing through pokemon-amie. I remember sylveon being it it.

From this, (and this is a guess) I don't see the 'leaker' being truthful about playing the game since the pokemon that was shown were over level 60 (exempting Binacle) which hints towards it being late in the game. I don't see why a demo would let you play that far into it, or start you off in a late part of it.

Also, it seems odd that GF would allow an event that claimed to be an invite only gathering to have a copy of it. And the text seemed to suggest (to me at least) it was a small gathering.

I do not understand why everyone is so accepting that the tongue is part of the base design. Nintendo has already shown us that Pokemon are animated on their info screens so is it not possible that Greninja is just showing off his ninja tongue skills at the moment this picture was taken? Makes way more sense to me than him having a permanent tongue scarf. I mean he is a frog and that's one of the things real frogs are known for (extendible tongues used to catch prey).

Rozureido said:
is it not possible that Greninja is just showing off his ninja tongue skills at the moment this picture was taken? Makes way more sense to me than him having a permanent tongue scarf. I mean he is a frog and that's one of the things real frogs are known for (extendible tongues used to catch prey).

It's tongue is part of it's Shinobi motif, it's entirely possible that it's permanent.

On an alternate note, people are really clutching at it not having bubbles as if that's relevant as far as validity goes. Dewott >>> Samurott, Bayleaf >>> Meganium, and my Politoed Principle proves that's hardly relevant. Especially considering that adolescent frogs nest in foam.

It's also possible that it's tongue is shielding it's bubbles.

Leaferian said:
xDkoYx said:
I know this doesnt really have anything to do with the designs of "greyninja" but I'm really hoping that greyninja is just a nickname. I know it seems silly that GF would name it that but they have done weird things with pokemon names before :D
Uh, it's Greninja not Greyninja. Apparently the French word for frog is grenouille? That'd be the reasoning, methinks, if it turns out to be real.

Gren = Grenadier.

MalaMarty said:
Gren = Grenadier.
Seems pretty unlikely, given both that the naming schema of the Froakie line seems to be "Word for Frog + Rank of Something" and grenadier seems already used via Frogadier. Admittedly that could also be brigadier, which shares one more letter in common, but there's not much design evidence to point in either direction. If grenadier was the intended root word for Greninja, then it would be a grenadier and a ninja. Since a grenadier is a type of soldier specializing in explosives (and very different from a NInja I might add), you'd think if this was both legit and that naming scheme the case that there would be some indication of the ninja-grenadier split.

Went and looked up to make sure, and frog is indeed "grenouille" in French. In my opinion, that is far more reasonable.

EDIT: Also I dunno if this means anything to GF in the slightest, but I did some cursory research into the grenadier and it sounds like they were the biggest, scariest jagweeds in the whole French army. If they made something like that which was Water/Fighting, I would hope that it was big and beefy and called something aggressive like Grenatoad. If it didn't learn Explosion, I would be very disappointed. :p

I don't remember where I saw this but there saying the Clemont is going to be a fairy type gym leader, what do you think about this?
Some people justification was from the anime with him using bunnelby?

I give up with this thread, after Greninja repeatedly being proven fake, then the guy even saying he's fake, and how many times the Chikorita leaf and Greninja's lack of bubbles thing has to be explained every 3 pages, then completely ignored.

FloodBadge said:
I give up with this thread, after Greninja repeatedly being proven fake, then the guy even saying he's fake, and how many times the Chikorita leaf and Greninja's lack of bubbles thing has to be explained every 3 pages, then completely ignored.

What ''guy''? The Pokébeach leaker had nothing to do with Greninja, and those people on 4chan, well multiple people claimed to be the original Greninja leaker, and said to have made them up. This is not unusual, this happened to the gen V starter evolutions as well, people claimed they created the Pokémon and declared them fake.

The fact that two separate leaks share the same information (Hawlucha), is just even more proof that both are actually real.

The official release is in a few weeks, and review copies are already in the hands of numerous people. It is only expected that we'll see some real leaks. There's enough reason to assume these two leaks are real, especially given the time they had between their posts, it was all in a matter of minutes, no time to photoshop them.

The fact that the Pokebeach leaker said they were fake and the fact he deleted all his posts, make it seem even more suspicious, if it was just a joke, why would you remove it all? The leakers never expected it to become this big, we even reached our ''most people online'' yesterday. Their actions however were futile, as the pictures already had been saved and reposted.

Just because people don't like Greninja, doesn't mean it isn't real. Look at Emboar, it sure is real, and nobody liked it.

Pokequaza said:
FloodBadge said:

What ''guy''? The Pokébeach leaker had nothing to do with Greninja, and those people on 4chan, well multiple people claimed to be the original Greninja leaker, and said to have made them up. This is not unusual, this happened to the gen V starter evolutions as well, people claimed they created the Pokémon and declared them fake.

The fact that two separate leaks share the same information (Hawlucha), is just even more proof that both are actually real.

The official release is in a few weeks, and review copies are already in the hands of numerous people. It is only expected that we'll see some real leaks. There's enough reason to assume these two leaks are real, especially given the time they had between their posts, it was all in a matter of minutes, no time to photoshop them.

The fact that the Pokebeach leaker said they were fake and the fact he deleted all his posts, make it seem even more suspicious, if it was just a joke, why would you remove it all? The leakers never expected it to become this big, we even reached our ''most people online'' yesterday. Their actions however were futile, as the pictures already had been saved and reposted.

Just because people don't like Greninja, doesn't mean it isn't real. Look at Emboar, it sure is real, and nobody liked it.

We cannot tell anything. The leaker may have posted the picture cause they are real or he posted fake and remove them to make people believe they were real. There's still no clear proof about Greninja being true or fake. The two "leakers" can also be really smart friends..

palkia07 said:
We cannot tell anything. The leaker may have posted the picture cause they are real or he posted fake and remove them to make people believe they were real. There's still no clear proof about Greninja being true or fake. The two "leakers" can also be really smart friends..

Hawlucha and Binacle, along with the overworld and battle scene cannot be photoshopped, you cannot just do something like that within 30 seconds. He didn't just post them, people asked for specific pictures, for proof, and he gave them (the same happened to the first leaker). The second leak of Hawlucha provided even more credibility for the existence of Hawlucha, but it also provided more credibility for Greninja, which was posted along with the first picture of Hawlucha.

Also, the fact that the type symbols match the new font, which was only visible for a few seconds in the Torchic distribution clip, provides even more evidence of this being real. At first, the different fonts were used as a counter argument, however after some investigation people found out Greninja actually used a new font, which was apparantly revealed in the Torchic clip, something which was still not known at that point.

I even want to go as far to say both leaks are real. I'm usually skeptic about this, but having seen the leaks being revealed right in front of me, knowing the full story, I have difficulty imagining them as fake.

Pokequaza said:
FloodBadge said:

Exactly.

Personally, I have almost total faith in Hawlucha and Greninja. The quality is just impeccable, and usually I scrutinize supposed "leaks" for every little flaw.. But these.. I can't flaw them. I'm not saying the quality is in itself confirmation, but I don't doubt them. The only fakes I've seen of this caliber are from the likes of A~Pinnari,and his Simnignon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back