XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors and Speculation (Potential Spoilers)

ShredderMan said:
Frezgle said:
Nice try, but no. Pokemon knows better than to force people have certain Pokemon to do something as iconic as facing the Champion.

Are you forgetting the mandatory capture of Zekrom/Reshiram in Gen 5?
It's not a forcing of, your character wants to battle the Champion with your own Eevee evolution, before proceeding you are strived to want to evolve your Eevee. There is nothing wrong with that. Also, I will post some more pictures soon. I took that picture with my Kyocera Hydro. Androids don't have the best quality, lol..

Or the mandatory capture of any of the mascot legendaries, where you could instead just beat it up for Exp and not catch it?

ShredderMan said:
Frezgle said:
Nice try, but no. Pokemon knows better than to force people have certain Pokemon to do something as iconic as facing the Champion.

It's not a forcing of, your character wants to battle the Champion with your own Eevee evolution, before proceeding you are strived to want to evolve your Eevee. There is nothing wrong with that. Also, I will post some more pictures soon. I took that picture with my Kyocera Hydro. Androids don't have the best quality, lol..

Mandatory capture =/= Mandatory use. You had the option of boxing Reshiram/Zekrom and never even using it once.
This is a franchise that revolves around giving plenty of options to everyone, including those of us that honestly can't stand the Eeveelutions.

Frezgle said:
ShredderMan said:

Mandatory capture =/= Mandatory use. You had the option of boxing Reshiram/Zekrom and never even using it once.
This is a franchise that revolves around giving plenty of options to everyone, including those of us that honestly can't stand the Eeveelutions.

Which is why you get to chose from 9 different Eeveelutions to battle with.
I'm not here to argue with you.

ShredderMan said:
Frezgle said:

No. That is not what I meant, at all. I don't like any of the Eeveelutions. Defeating the Champion is meant to be the culmination of your journey, the ultimate footprint made by you and your team of preferred monsters. It is not about fanservice and forcing everyone to use the same thing (and yes, every Eeveelution is essentially the same monster with different frills and a new coat of paint).
This is a thread about discussing and scrutinizing rumors, so unless you have some extremely solid evidence to back your claims, people are going to pick them apart.

ShredderMan said:
Frezgle said:

There's also the option to have it in your party but never use it. Kinda like an HM slave.

ShredderMan said:
I'm not quite sure how long this post will last, but read for your own amusement and curiosity. BE WARNED, I have a copy of Pokemon X and I have beaten it. My best Pokemon right now is Dragonite, who I will show Mega Evolving, but I will not show it's Mega Form. The following is all of what I've discovered and think is significant to Pokemon players everywhere.

- Dragonite has a Mega Evolution, along with all of the starters and some pseudos. Arcanine, Steelix, Sharpedo, Floatzel, Togekiss, and Tyranitar are a few of which have Mega Evolutions.

- There are 8 gyms, Dark-type is one of them.

- There is another Eevee evolution that is owned by the Champion of Kalos. It is rivaled by the Eevee you train and evolve. Evolving it is mandatory to face the Champion, you are presented with Evolutionary Stones and methods of evolving Eevee while you are in Victory Road.

- There are very different areas in Victory Road, a Forest area (Grass, Bug, Poison, some Flying and multi-typed Pokemon), an Underwater area (Water and some multi-typed Pokemon), a Volcanic area (Fire, Steel, Dragon, and some multi-typed Pokemon), and if you go in the right direction, you will enter a Black-Void area (Ghost, Dark, and some multi-typed Pokemon). Outside of Victory Road you will find Fairy, Fighting, and Normal-Type Pokemon.

- The third mascot legendary is found underneath "The Giant Life", as opposed to Xerneas found at the bottom of The Giant Life, and Yveltal atop The Giant Life.

- I have seen all of the starters final evolutions', I'm sure everyone will be pleased with. Especially Froakie and Fennekins'.

- Pre-evolutions and Evolutions of past generation Pokemon return, along with new Middlutions that are exactly the same as Pre-evos and Evos, but effect an evolution line by introducing a Middle Evolution, rather than a Final or First Stage Evolution. A few Pokemon with Pre-Evos are Girafarig, Tropius, and Cubone. A few Pokemon will Middlutions are the Growlithe line, the Carvanha line, and the Combee line. A few Pokemon with Evolutions are Pinsir and Heracross, Dunsparce, and Farfetch'd, which was never too far-fetched at all.

- Combee now has a male evolution, called Bedrone, that looks almost too similar to Beedrill, minus the stripes. Yet it is a shade of orange and has three eyes that form a triangle shape. The antenna on Bedrone are large and there are specks of white hair around Bedrone's eyes. It's pretty cute. Bug/Flying type and has higher attack than a normal Vespiqueen.

- Team Flare is not alone, take that to heart!

- Mewtwo is catchable after beating the game.

- Characters from past games show up, and there are some shocking revelations.

That's all for now, but I will update with more if given the time and allowance.

Please elaborate. The information you have come with isn't anything we have heard before in other rumors. As a leaker, you might as well go all the way right? Or in the very least, confirm these statements.

ShredderMan said:
Frezgle said:

It may not be forcing the character if he wants to "prove how strong his Eeveelution is", but it is forcing the player.

I don't really have a problem with this, I love Eeveelutions. Not saying you still can't be a phony though, haha no offense man, gotta remain skeptical with no evidence.

Akwila said:
ShredderMan said:
I'm not quite sure how long this post will last, but read for your own amusement and curiosity. BE WARNED, I have a copy of Pokemon X and I have beaten it. My best Pokemon right now is Dragonite, who I will show Mega Evolving, but I will not show it's Mega Form. The following is all of what I've discovered and think is significant to Pokemon players everywhere.

- Dragonite has a Mega Evolution, along with all of the starters and some pseudos. Arcanine, Steelix, Sharpedo, Floatzel, Togekiss, and Tyranitar are a few of which have Mega Evolutions.

- There are 8 gyms, Dark-type is one of them.

- There is another Eevee evolution that is owned by the Champion of Kalos. It is rivaled by the Eevee you train and evolve. Evolving it is mandatory to face the Champion, you are presented with Evolutionary Stones and methods of evolving Eevee while you are in Victory Road.

- There are very different areas in Victory Road, a Forest area (Grass, Bug, Poison, some Flying and multi-typed Pokemon), an Underwater area (Water and some multi-typed Pokemon), a Volcanic area (Fire, Steel, Dragon, and some multi-typed Pokemon), and if you go in the right direction, you will enter a Black-Void area (Ghost, Dark, and some multi-typed Pokemon). Outside of Victory Road you will find Fairy, Fighting, and Normal-Type Pokemon.

- The third mascot legendary is found underneath "The Giant Life", as opposed to Xerneas found at the bottom of The Giant Life, and Yveltal atop The Giant Life.

- I have seen all of the starters final evolutions', I'm sure everyone will be pleased with. Especially Froakie and Fennekins'.

- Pre-evolutions and Evolutions of past generation Pokemon return, along with new Middlutions that are exactly the same as Pre-evos and Evos, but effect an evolution line by introducing a Middle Evolution, rather than a Final or First Stage Evolution. A few Pokemon with Pre-Evos are Girafarig, Tropius, and Cubone. A few Pokemon will Middlutions are the Growlithe line, the Carvanha line, and the Combee line. A few Pokemon with Evolutions are Pinsir and Heracross, Dunsparce, and Farfetch'd, which was never too far-fetched at all.

- Combee now has a male evolution, called Bedrone, that looks almost too similar to Beedrill, minus the stripes. Yet it is a shade of orange and has three eyes that form a triangle shape. The antenna on Bedrone are large and there are specks of white hair around Bedrone's eyes. It's pretty cute. Bug/Flying type and has higher attack than a normal Vespiqueen.

- Team Flare is not alone, take that to heart!

- Mewtwo is catchable after beating the game.

- Characters from past games show up, and there are some shocking revelations.

That's all for now, but I will update with more if given the time and allowance.

Please elaborate. The information you have come with isn't anything we have heard before in other rumors. As a leaker, you might as well go all the way right? Or in the very least, confirm these statements.

Attachments

• VictoryRoad.png
    VictoryRoad.png
    335.9 KB · Views: 252

ShredderMan said:
-victory road screencap-

That's identical to to the photo of the Victory Road entrance by the instagram leaker.
Your "leak" is as good as confirmed fake.

Akwila said:
ShredderMan said:

I'm not buying this either. Since day one, Ash has never forced any of his pokemon to evolve and would pretty much be going against everything about the pokemon universe stands for (forcing or oppressing your pokemon). It just doen't make much sense. Yes the story in Black and White required you capture Reshiram or Zekrom, but that more or less because you, as the PC, were destined to have a connection with them.

You're taking this in the wrong perspective. You (the trainer) aspire to get stronger. Your Normal Eevee is no match for the Champion's Eevee. So, as ALL Pokemon games and trainers aspire to do, you train your Eevee to the full potential, not forcing it, but because you both want to become stronger and challenge the Champion due to an already explosive feud between the two of you.

Akwila said:
Frezgle said:
That's identical to to the photo of the Victory Road entrance by the instagram leaker.
Your "leak" is as good as confirmed fake.

It is possible he is Kosthedin, but unlikely.

I am friends with him. We both have copies of X.

nightkeeper said:
ShredderMan said:

It may not be forcing the character if he wants to "prove how strong his Eeveelution is", but it is forcing the player.

I don't really have a problem with this, I love Eeveelutions. Not saying you still can't be a phony though, haha no offense man, gotta remain skeptical with no evidence.

Seeing as the premise of the game itself and pokemon amie is beauty and love, it would only makes sense that somewhere down the line a pokemon who is very dependent on love (Eevees take quite a bit of effort to make just right) would have to be significant somewhere. What if it was one of those instances where the pokemon was willing to sacrifice it's evolutionary form to become something that will be ultimately able to fight the incoming challenge of someone like the Champion.

This isn't really that farfetch'd. It can be easily and nicely incorporated into a smooth and excellent story. If you're REALLY irked by it then go breed for another eevee. It's not the end of the world.

I feel like people aren't necessarily against things, they just need something to complain about.

ShredderMan said:
Akwila said:
I'm not buying this either. Since day one, Ash has never forced any of his pokemon to evolve and would pretty much be going against everything about the pokemon universe stands for (forcing or oppressing your pokemon). It just doen't make much sense. Yes the story in Black and White required you capture Reshiram or Zekrom, but that more or less because you, as the PC, were destined to have a connection with them.

You're taking this in the wrong perspective. You (the trainer) aspire to get stronger. Your Normal Eevee is no match for the Champion's Eevee. So, as ALL Pokemon games and trainers aspire to do, you train your Eevee to the full potential, not forcing it, but because you both want to become stronger and challenge the Champion due to an already explosive feud between the two of you.

Akwila said:

Verify these claims, or please leave the thread.

ShredderMan said:
Akwila said:

Akwila said:

Nah, I'm trading the Eevee away or storing it in my PC and making my own team.

You had me going until you said you were "friends" with him. Post your own pics if you have your own copy.

Rellek said:
nightkeeper said:

Seeing as the premise of the game itself and pokemon amie is beauty and love, it would only makes sense that somewhere down the line a pokemon who is very dependent on love (Eevees take quite a bit of effort to make just right) would have to be significant somewhere. What if it was one of those instances where the pokemon was willing to sacrifice it's evolutionary form to become something that will be ultimately able to fight the incoming challenge of someone like the Champion.

This isn't really that farfetch'd. It can be easily and nicely incorporated into a smooth and excellent story. If you're REALLY irked by it then go breed for another eevee. It's not the end of the world.

I feel like people aren't necessarily against things, they just need something to complain about.

Honestly, with how fantastically simple and cool that sounds, I'm really hoping it is something like that. It sounds like something that would plug perfectly into things, even if it happens to be minor.

ShredderMan said:
Hawlucha said:
Nah, I'm trading the Eevee away or storing it in my PC and making my own team.

You had me going until you said you were "friends" with him. Post your own pics if you have your own copy.

Deal.

If you can show me not yet revealed Pokemon (including megas), or location, I'll be convinced. And trust me, I really want to believe you. Oh, and how many new Pokemon can we expect?

@Hawlucha: It was not deleted. Just unapproved. In other words it was hidden by a moderator. For being spammy or lacking something relevant

I'm so desperate to see Chespins final Evo. I hope the 2nd new Eevee is true. I'm still unhappy with Sylveon.

Rellek said:

Even if I liked Eeveelutions, it would still be ridiculous. Even if it was "You must use a Dunsparce" (my favorite Pokemon), I would still not like the idea, because it goes against everything the series is built around - options and preference. Hell, X/Y has been shown to have MORE ways to personalize your journey, with character customization. I could see this sort of forced plot passing in a side-game, but not a main series game.

Also, posts that are spammy (lacking elaboration) or that are repeats of the same thing several other people have said ("show us some pics for proof!") will be removed. If you feel the need to post things like this, don't. We have an IRC chat room for that.

Frezgle said:
Rellek said:

Even if I liked Eeveelutions, it would still be ridiculous. Even if it was "You must use a Dunsparce" (my favorite Pokemon), I would still not like the idea, because it goes against everything the series is built around - options and preference. Hell, X/Y has been shown to have MORE ways to personalize your journey, with character customization. I could see this sort of forced plot passing in a side-game, but not a main series game.

Also, posts that are spammy (lacking elaboration) or that are repeats of the same thing several other people have said ("show us some pics for proof!") will be removed. If you feel the need to post things like this, don't. We have an IRC chat room for that.

It's essentially the exact same situation as "You need an extra slot in your party and a pokeball" for the evolution of Nincada. I don't see people being bent over that. It's probably not FORCING you to USE the eeveelution to fight, but rather have it present for story purposes. But honestly eeveelutions are pretty useful if you train them properly.

So what, you're limited to 5 slots (because oh no the sixth is completely useless and I might as well turn off the game and try again than attempt to use this Eeeveelution that I'm so close-minded to)

But whatever floats your boat captain.

The theoretical Eeveelution requirement is no different from how we were "forced" to have Relicanth and Wailord in our party to unlock the Regis in 3rd Gen.

Anyways, seeing as this 'leak' is going nowhere, I've really liked the fanmade Braixen evolutions. I hope it looks really witch-like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back