XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors, Speculation, and Potential Spoilers

This is in relation to that fennekin final evo leak, if this was confirmed fake i apologize. Does it confuse anyone else why we would be facing the fully evolved form of a starter when we never see the starters other than the rival battle, which just proved my point and i guess you can disregard this post or if it sparks anything in your heads have at it!

Shiny Collector said:
This is in relation to that fennekin final evo leak, if this was confirmed fake i apologize. Does it confuse anyone else why we would be facing the fully evolved form of a starter when we never see the starters other than the rival battle, which just proved my point and i guess you can disregard this post or if it sparks anything in your heads have at it!

In Gen. 4 you could face starters throughout the game, you face a piplup before the second gym :) and a chimchar right after the second gym from Trainers who wasn't your rival ;), and there were more just like it.

Ghost King said:
Shiny Collector said:

In Gen. 4 you could face starters throughout the game, you face a piplup before the second gym :) and a chimchar right after the second gym from Trainers who wasn't your rival ;), and there were more just like it.

Other than your rival, it seems unlikely that you would be facing a stage two starter evo. Unlikely but not impossible I suppose. How ever I hope it's a fake. Wivixen is too feminine of a name and if mine were male, it would be strange in my head. Just like I find it strange to have a female Sawsbuck...

Gen 4 had several starters that weren't your rivals, including Torterra in Victory Road (and Empoleon I think), and don't forget Flint's Infernape.

Also remember that a second Eeveelution is a rumor that has been brought up by several sources.

GemStar Satch said:
Gen 4 had several starters that weren't your rivals, including Torterra in Victory Road (and Empoleon I think), and don't forget Flint's Infernape.

Also remember that a second Eeveelution is a rumor that has been brought up by several sources.

I already said that about gen. 4, in any Generation there is usually 2 eeveelutions that are introduced, so it is highly probable that it will happen.

Ghost King said:
GemStar Satch said:

I already said that about gen. 4, in any Generation there is usually 2 eeveelutions that are introduced, so it is highly probable that it will happen.

Except of course with Gen 1 when there were 3 Eeveelutions, Gen 3 and 5 where there were no new ones.

Theviking06 said:
Ghost King said:

Except of course with Gen 1 when there were 3 Eeveelutions, Gen 3 and 5 where there were no new ones.

There should have been. I've wanted a ground eveelution for awhile.

Theviking06 said:
Ghost King said:

Well I meant was other than gen.1 because hello that is where eevee was introduce :p
and I meant where a new eevee was introduced there was always another, since gen. 3 and 5 didn't have a new eevee evolution I don't count them, I meant only when a eeveelution was introduced :)

Ghost King said:
Theviking06 said:

well I meant was other than gen.1 because hello that is where eevee was introduce :p
and I meant where a new eevee was introduced there was always another, since gen. 3 and 5 didn't have a new eevee evolution I don't count them, I meant only when a eeveelution was introduced :)

But then we are just basing this off of 2 gens which doesnt give much of a pattern. I am all for another Eeveelution and could see them doing a dragon type possibly, but I wont hold my breath on it.

I very much doubt there's another Eeveelution, as neat as that might be. It just seems unlikely that they'd shove Sylveon so far into the limelight that it'd get it's own Pikachu movie short that includes all the other Eevee Bros. to date and have promotion after promotion that only features Sylveon (including the Eevee girl cosplayers in the last B/W anime ending) only to have another one waiting in the wings with no buildup whatsoever.

Ghost King said:
Theviking06 said:

well I meant was other than gen.1 because hello that is where eevee was introduce :p

I know what you meant. This is my bad because I should have clarified myself better. What I meant to express is that I personally thought that those gens should have got evelutions, not that they actually did. I personally want to see one for each type.

Theviking06 said:
Ghost King said:

But then we are just basing this off of 2 gens which doesnt give much of a pattern. I am all for another Eeveelution and could see them doing a dragon type possibly, but I wont hold my breath on it.

Well to me so far every other generation, 2 eeveelutions was revealed, and everytime one was weak against the other :), so the new eeveelution could poison, steel, or dragon. :)

Theviking06 said:
Ghost King said:

Barring Generation 1, there is a pattern. Every even Generation has had 2 new eeveelutions, every odd number has none.
Edit: Ninjad

Also remember that they might have been pushing Sylveon because of it's fairy typing, not because it's an eeveelution.

Re: RE: Rumors, Speculation, and Potential Spoilers

GemStar Satch said:
Theviking06 said:
Barring Generation 1, there is a pattern. Every even Generation has had 2 new eeveelutions, every odd number has none.

Also remember that they might have been pushing Sylveon because of it's fairy typing, not because it's an eeveelution.

I don't think there is a real pattern. There hasn't been enough games out to properly establish one.

In my eyes, if there were two eeveelutions we would know by now - Sylveon is most likely just there to advertise fairy-type.

GemStar Satch said:
Theviking06 said:

Barring Gen 1 we are talking about 4 games, in which 50% have had new Eeveelutions and 50% have had none. This gives it an equal "pattern" which is not an actual pattern.

Ghost King said:
Razmos said:
Already confirmed fake unfortunately. It's made by someone on Deviantart.
why must you crush my dreams :'(
But all joking aside that was a good fake though, but it did look a little suspicious. Oh well, I found this thing about Clemont being a fairy type gym leader, he owns a bunnelby (anime), and a dendenne which is part fairy do you think that he could be a fairy type gym leader?

But he has a lightning bolt hair, he and his sister have eyes and hair the color of electricity, he's hot a mechanics thing on and robot arms, and their Japanese names are Eureka and Citron. I find it hard to believe they would be fairy, especially with their techno gym. If that were the case, then Korrinas not a fighting type with mienshao helmet and roller blades, and Grants not rock with rock climbing, a mountain for hair, and a name that sounds like Granite.

Theviking06 said:
GemStar Satch said:

Barring Gen 1 we are talking about 4 games, in which 50% have had new Eeveelutions and 50% have had none. This gives it an equal "pattern" which is not an actual pattern.

I really think another eeveelution is dependant on the method of evolution over any possible "pattern" for releasing them. The reason we got two eeveelutions in gen 2 isn't because they wanted one weaker and stronger to establish a pattern...it was to emphasize the friendship and day night changes, they needed one to evolve in the day, and one in the night! Again with Gen four and Leafeon and Glaceon, it was a new method of evolution: area evolution. The best way to show this, is multiple pokemon that evolve in different areas. Showing that eevee can evolve to leafeon at a forest is more prominent if you have glaceon to show how eevee also evolves in the cold. Plus, a heavy theme in the generation was the weather, and the season. It's also why everything was "colder" in platinum. We didn't get any eeveelutions gen 5 because they were doing all new pokemon with no new evolutions. And we didn't get one in hoenn because hoenn, (if I remember correctly) didn't have very many evolutions for previous pokemon. Plus, there wasn't a lot of "new" things in hoenn that need to be "shown off".

Eeevee will get a ninth eeveeluiton this gen if' it helps showcase the method. Maybe it's the pokemon amie, and feeding Eevee the right poffin will evolve him into sylveon. Then, if you feed a "bad" one, he'll evolve into the poison type XD In all seriousness though, I don't know. Even if this is the last eeveelution this gen, we know they'll probably make more in the future.

Ghost King said:
Theviking06 said:

Well to me so far every other generation, 2 eeveelutions was revealed, and everytime one was weak against the other :), so the new eeveelution could poison, steel, or dragon. :)

ohmygod.

I'm getting tired of saying this, but Eeveelutions are not based on type matchup.
They are based on concepts. It's more of a coincidence that there's one in a pair that can hit the other super effectively.
1st gen: plain and simple, elements
2nd gen: spicing it up with the new friendship feature, as well as night and day.
4th gen: rounds out the elemental types, with locations being shown as potential Eevee-evolving things.

None of these were based upon 'well Leafeon is a grass type, so it means we can only limit ourselves to xx yy zz ee dd types'. They were based upon themes.
The concepts were locations. We had an Eeveelution that was heavily associated with the forest, sunny weather.
The logical counterpart for that would have been cold weather. Hence Glaceon.

It's always peed me off when people have said that 'Since Sylveon is a Fairy type, we should have a dragon eevee since fairy hits dragon for SE damage', and don't get me started on the whole special type thing.

From what I've deduced, the main logical types for Sylveon's counterpart eeveelution should be:
-Poison. Call me a hypocrite, but this would contrast very nicely with Sylveon. There seems to be a subtheme of beauty/ugliness in the games. Fairy = beauty, Poison = ugly.
-Ghost. This is playing on the whole life/destruction thing with Xerneas and Yveltal. Fairy = full of life, Ghost = no life.
-Fighting. This is probably the more unlikely of the 3, just because of the stereotyping that Fairy = dainty, not wanting to get too into fighting, whereas Fighting = the tough one who won't leave a battle until it's won.

RE: Rumors and Speculation (Potential Spoilers)

Whitefire said:
Only 11 more days and we're still flipping out? Go to the fridge, take out a bucket of icecream and turn on a movie.

Come out of hibernation on the 12th.

I dont know how many people are "flipping out", but I do see a fair share...speculating in the Speculation thread.

nightkeeper said:
Ghost King said:
well to me so far every other generation, 2 eeveelutions was revealed, and everytime one was weak against the other :), so the new eeveelution could poison, steel, or dragon. :)

Or Fighting. Fairy over Fighting.

If one is to entertain the thought of another Eeveelution, it would most likely be Dragon.

-ALL preceding Eeveelutions are/were special types (Fire, Water, Elect, Psy, Dark, Grass, Ice) the only one missing is Dragon.
-The Eevee duo's have been previous revealed in pairs with one weak to the other (Espeon/Umbreon, Glaceon/Leafeon)
-The new Eeveelutions typically have the evolutions tied to new mechanics or new features. There are rumors that Sylveon will be related to Pokemonamie and it isn't a stretch to think that another pokemon could also have this connection as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back