XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors, Speculation, and Potential Spoilers

Frezgle said:
It's fake. It's taken from this video. Notice the identical shadow especially where you would expect Wivixen to have a much larger shadow.

That's a shame, but this evidence is clearly irrefutable. One of the few recent "leaks" I've actually entertained the idea of being real.

FloodBadge said:
wako_88 said:
I'm hopping it's something we could edit with pokemon amie but the gender difference it'd make more sense though i don't remember that those differences were noticeable from an icon pic in previous games

Actually, that makes me start to think...
Flabebe has alternate color flowers, Hawlucha is rumored to have different colors (makes perfect sense why), and Furfrou has different haircuts and colors..
What if Vivillon actually comes in many color combinations as well?

Also, does anyone know where I can start a thread asking for help getting fakemon ideas? I can't seem to find a place in these forums, as they all are asking for me to show what I made instead of ask for help getting ideas.

Yeah if they made a salon for pokemons to be groom or whatever it'd be lazy of them to be for just one pokemon (furfrou)

/vp/ is at it again

FdzV114.png

tG5pFSZ.jpg

four_graves said:
If it's fake, it's a really great fake.

Yep! You can even see the buildings from the desert behind in the background.

roppi said:
four_graves said:

something about the shading looks really off to me, the shine specifically

Yeah, i mean, it looks like they tried for PBR style instead of the anime-shaded cel shading we have with XY.

roppi said:
four_graves said:

that could be an effect to make it look more metalic but I think there is a kinda quality disparity between the pokemon and the background, i could be over analyzing stuff too

four_graves said:
MauriiDS said:
/vp/ is at it again

FdzV114.png

tG5pFSZ.jpg

Seriously? If? they didn't even bother to do it in cel-shading (I'm not even sure if the game engine can render non-cel-shaded stuff).
I mean, look at that second picture, I've seen celebrity photos less photoshopped than that.

Gee, fakers, you are usually despicable, now you're just lazy...

wako_88 said:
roppi said:

that could be an effect to make it look more metalic but I think there is a kinda quality disparity between the pokemon and the background, i could be over analyzing stuff too

the way the metal look makes it look like an 'old' metal, and if thats intentional its a nice touch (if this is a ghost/steel type or something), and they bothered to add an actual shadow, but its missing the black outlines and the cel shading that every other pokemon has (from what i can tell)

Clearly they just wanted to show off their photoshop skills.
Also, I just wanna make sure this is true real quick, but my friend said he's got a "pcik up your copies 2 days early" pre-order bonus... Is this really what's going on? Can I really pick it up early?

FloodBadge said:
Also, I just wanna make sure this is true real quick, but my friend said he's got a "pcik up your copies 2 days early" pre-order bonus... Is this really what's going on? Can I really pick it up early?

seems unlikely.....if that were the case, it'd probably be more well known. that meaning everyone would go flocking to whatever store your friend pre-ordered his copy and there'd be widespread chaos. that, or its some secret thing only the employees know about, which sounds likely but im not sure

anyway.... back on topic (which im mostly just saying because im fairly new here and i dont know what counts as being off topic or not), does the grass in the first picture that the bell pokemon is standing (floating?) look like something from one of the really early screenshots or am i mistaken and that type of grass platform is still in the game?

roppi said:
anyway.... back on topic (which im mostly just saying because im fairly new here and i dont know what counts as being off topic or not), does the grass in the first picture that the bell pokemon is standing (floating?) look like something from one of the really early screenshots or am i mistaken and that type of grass platform is still in the game?

I was thinking the grass looked like it was either a BW or B2W2 grass. You're not the only one.

roppi said:
FloodBadge said:

seems unlikely.....if that were the case, it'd probably be more well known. that meaning everyone would go flocking to whatever store your friend pre-ordered his copy and there'd be widespread chaos. that, or its some secret thing only the employees know about, which sounds likely but im not sure

Now that you mention it, that grass does look outdated! Plus, the entire field changes from the mountain field to the forest edge field in the pictures, but we can tell that's not how the game works due to color of grass and trees, and placement of trees.

If that is fake I will be sad. I mean it looks so cool to me to just be fake and go away like nothing.

Not trying to sound rude, D Dog, but get used to it. After the amount of fakes seen that became beloved and ended up painfully admitted fake... I think I made myself sad wishing for that amazing first chespin evolution Zerudes made. ; - ;

I really don't think it's fake.

Reasons:

1. Two different backgrounds I don't think we've seen before. They look very convincing also.
2. Two pictures of the Pokémon in different poses, both of which are very Game Freak-esque.
3. The Pokémon does have that black outline if you look closely.
4. The shader is right, it's just that the picture is blurred giving the effect that the shading is smoother. Look closely!
5. The 3DS is displaying both screens - and it really doesn't look edited on. The proportions are correct.
6. The photo is taken over the 4chan thread and that would have been different to get to look right if edited on.
7. Apparently, the posts were made quickly.
8. The mini sprite on the bottom screen looks genuine (could be faked but... hmm)
9. The message saying look at the top screen would be kinda pointless to edit in. People would/are question/ing it!

I could carry on but I have work!

That thing looks like the child of Bronzong and Chimcho.
Sad how it's probably fake.

Wonder how many fake leaks we'll get until the 12th.
I've lost count.

This is our problem. We've seen so many fakes that if a completely obviously real photo shows, we'll immediatley label it as fake. We're not keeping much of an open mind anymore, and that's a problem for this thread to stay effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back