XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors and Speculation (Potential Spoilers)

ShredderMan said:
Blob55 said:
That's what I just said. :/

WHY do you have to FORCE an evolution on a Pokémon you won't use? Wouldn't they be disappointed?

I guess the answer is the same answer to the following question; Why do you have to be forced to choose a starter Pokemon that you are supposed to train and bond with, even though one could just deposit or release it after obtaining it?

IMO, forcing an evo is different, as you could just box the Eevee right after you got it and never use it. Getting a starter on the other hand is different, because you have to use it at least twice before you can replace it.

ShredderMan said:
Blob55 said:
That's what I just said. :/

WHY do you have to FORCE an evolution on a Pokémon you won't use? Wouldn't they be disappointed?

I guess the answer is the same answer to the following question; Why do you have to be forced to choose a starter Pokemon that you are supposed to train and bond with, even though one could just deposit or release it after obtaining it? Or at ANY time throughout the game.

Really? Yeah, I totally think a Pokemon game where you don't get a starter would be just brilliant. I see a Gym Leader I'm going to just punch him and take the badge, because no one ever gave me a starter.

Just a note, but it seems ShredderMan is an invisible user. And, if you're still here, ShredderMan, try to post an image of the Pokedex.

Rune Yagami said:
ShredderMan said:
I guess the answer is the same answer to the following question; Why do you have to be forced to choose a starter Pokemon that you are supposed to train and bond with, even though one could just deposit or release it after obtaining it? Or at ANY time throughout the game.

Really? Yeah, I totally think a Pokemon game where you don't get a starter would be just brilliant. I see a Gym Leader I'm going to just punch him and take the badge, because no one ever gave me a starter.

Again, it all comes down to perspective. That's not what I meant by the statement. You'll see on the 12th.

Shocker said:
Just a note, but it seems ShredderMan is an invisible user. And, if you're still here, ShredderMan, try to post an image of the Pokedex.

Better yet, paste a Pokedex image (The one with the squares showing the sprites of the different pokemon) that is DIFFERENT than any of them on Instagram.

EDIT: Oh wait let me guess, the Pokedex is customize-able too?

Um, also, you could just release Eevee right after you get it, therefore making the game unbeatable. Which is why the forced Eeveelution is complete BS.

You know what? When I get my Eevee, I'm going to release it, because I really don't want to have to evolve something I will NEVER FREAKING USE.

Posting an image of the Pokedex would break contract. Posting any images to do with un-announced, un-leaked Pokemon break contract.

Also, Blob55, it doesn't work like that. You cannot release Eevee until after beating the game.

Blob55 said:
Um, also, you could just release Eevee right after you get it, therefore making the game unbeatable. Which is why the forced Eeveelution is complete BS.

You know what? When I get my Eevee, I'm going to release it, because I really don't want to have to evolve something I will NEVER FREAKING USE.

I'm offended by your apparent lack of Espeon love.

Also, couldn't you just catch another Eevee?

As for ShredderMan: How awfully convenient. Can you post anything that proves to us you're credible?

EDIT: Can't release Eevee until beating the game?

You just lost any credibility you had.

Post a picture of you using a level 15 Pancham against a Fletchling, that would be enough proof for me.

I'm just gonna give this guy the benefit of the doubt.

I'd like to know this though: is Chespins last evo most like Swampert, Torterra or Sceptile in appearance?

ShredderMan said:
Posting an image of the Pokedex would break contract. Posting any images to do with un-announced, un-leaked Pokemon break contract.

Also, Blob55, it doesn't work like that. You cannot release Eevee until after beating the game.

So you're forced to have it on your team the whole time?! That's so dumb!

ShredderMan said:

How convenient for your argument that it just "doesn't work like that."

I don't understand why if you are so unwilling to break contract that you gave us anything at all, since backing it up would require you to break contract.

ShredderMan said:

Didn't you break contract by posting a picture of Hawlucha?

Dunno about anyone else, but I think it's pretty weird that ShredderMan's supposed Pokedex shot of Hawlucha sees Hawlucha facing the OPPOSITE direction from the models in the Pokedex entries that kosthedin has been posting. It's also quite a lot closer to the middle divider than any of the other models, and appears to be the exact same as the model present in the other shot that he posted.

For that matter, on the line "No. 097 Hawlucha", Hawlucha is MUCH closer to the number than any of the other 'dex entries which all start in pretty much the same spot. You can see how it starts at about the same place as the "Seen" number above, as opposed to the other entries which start in the space between the "Seen" number and the word "Obtained". EDIT: Actually, ti starts even BEFORE that. Also it starts closer than even Quilladin, which has one more letter than Hawlucha.

I saved the dex picture AND the supposed box picture he posted in case he tries to take it down, too.

Shocker said:
Blob55 said:

As for ShredderMan: How awfully convenient. Can you post anything that proves to us you're credible?

I am new yes, and this is my first post, but Shocker, there are several instances where pokemon can not be released. I have witnessed this, though I know not the reason, several times, though not in the newer games, though this is simply because I have not released a pokemon in quite a while.

Leaferian said:
Dunno about anyone else, but I think it's pretty weird that ShredderMan's supposed Pokedex shot of Hawlucha sees Hawlucha facing the OPPOSITE direction from the models in the Pokedex entries that kosthedin has been posting. It's also quite a lot closer to the middle divider than any of the other models, and appears to be the exact same as the model present in the other shot that he posted.

For that matter, on the line "No. 097 Hawlucha", Hawlucha is MUCH closer to the number than any of the other 'dex entries which all start in pretty much the same spot. You can see how it starts at about the same place as the "Seen" number above, as opposed to the other entries which start in the space between the "Seen" number and the word "Obtained".

I saved the dex picture he posted in case he tries to take it down, too.

His response is going to be "Customize-able Pokedex stat viewer."
An ingenious way of hiding fakes, to be sure, but still Tauros poop.

Dracaufeu said:
Shocker said:

I am new yes, and this is my first post, but Shocker, there are several instances where pokemon can not be released. I have witnessed this, though I know not the reason, several times, though not in the newer games, though this is simply because I have not released a pokemon in quite a while.
I have also experienced this. The game says something along the lines of, "Would you like to release Poochyena?" as usual. You choose "Yes." But then it'll say, "Huh? Poochyena came back!" or something like that.

I don't get why everyone is getting so worked up about, if you don't believe then don't, if you do, then give it a benefit of a doubt.

@Rune Yagami, would you be willing to break a contract if you were in his situation, who knows what is the consequences for breaking the contract. He said it expires the 4th so, just wait till then.

I do give you the benefit of the doubt ShredderMan. I would like you to describe the elite 4 appearance though :)

Edit: That has happened to me in Emerald I think with a poochyena it was something to do with something, but I forgot about it. So it is possible for you not to release the pokemon.

SavvyJackal said:
Dracaufeu said:
I have also experienced this. The game says something along the lines of, "Would you like to release Poochyena?" as usual. You choose "Yes." But then it'll say, "Huh? Poochyena came back!" or something like that.

That is due to your Pokemon being the only Pokemon to know a certain HM.
A mechanic like this is used similar to said Eevee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back