XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Is someone on here also on the vp forums...? Because,if so,one should ask Josh if he already met the npc that mentiones the ice wolf Pokemon ^^

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

benni1994 said:
Is someone on here also on the vp forums...? Because,if so,one should ask Josh if he already met the npc that mentiones the ice wolf Pokemon ^^

Someone asked a while back and he said he hadn't.

benni1994 said:

I wouldn't suggest asking him if he's seen any specific pokemon. If he sees something, he reports it. Asking over and over for your specific needs just gets you ridiculed.

Just like the people who were demanding Meowstic. Their banter was getting to the point where it was so obnoxious that he actually released his Espurr out of spite.

Which, honestly, I can't really disagree with.

Oblivion_Wing said:
Dark Sylveon said:
I understand you but you should understand weather and climate or anything conditions some Pokémon get new evos!
Sinnoh big example and we have eevee (ok i cant argument with eevee i think you understand the reason lol hah)

Eevee shouldn't be relative to this anyway because we know about it's anatomy from it's Dex Entries, but weather conditions and such have little to do with evolving a pokemon either.. Those only change forms of a pokemon, and not necessarily evolves it.

EDIT: Just found out you can ride a Mamoswine!!!!

Hi, first time poster, long time viewer/watcher. I agree with Dark Sylveon and EvilPacman, I think there should be more evos for older gens besides megas evolution. Don't get me wrong, I'm content with mega evos but I feel there's also old Pokemon that need evolutions period. For example with Kangaskhan, it could have had a pre-evo to make more sense cause when you breed it, it comes out as a full grown Kangaskhan with the young one in it's pouch. Also with the whole evolution thing, real animals evolve to suit their environment so maybe Pokemon get new forms and evolutions in different regions to better suit their environment.

Zenja said:
benni1994 said:

I wouldn't suggest asking him if he's seen any specific pokemon. If he sees something, he reports it. Asking over and over for your specific needs just gets you ridiculed.

Just like the people who were demanding Meowstic. Their banter was getting to the point where it was so obnoxious that he actually released his Espurr out of spite.

Yeah,you`re right...poor guy ^^
On another topic http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1381/16/1381164975172.jpg
Return of Deoxys? ^^ Josh just posted this and mentioned something about this being from outer space....And it also reminds me of a part in Deoxys`movie

[private]Edited to capitalise. *Drohn[/private]

benni1994 said:
Zenja said:

yeah,you`re right...poor guy ^^
on another topic http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1381/16/1381164975172.jpg
return of Deoxys? ^^ josh just posted this and mentioned something about this being from outer space....and it also reminds me of a part in Deoxys`movie

Oh wow. Cool! That's really amazing! It looks to be in a coastal area or something. Could be a place where you find a Deoxys... or maybe the rumored messenger Pokemon? Who knows...

UniversalFriction said:
Oblivion_Wing said:
Eevee shouldn't be relative to this anyway because we know about it's anatomy from it's Dex Entries, but weather conditions and such have little to do with evolving a pokemon either.. Those only change forms of a pokemon, and not necessarily evolves it.

EDIT: Just found out you can ride a Mamoswine!!!!

Hi, first time poster, long time viewer/watcher. I agree with Dark Sylveon and EvilPacman, I think there should be more evos for older gens besides megas evolution. Don't get me wrong, I'm content with mega evos but I feel there's also old Pokemon that need evolutions period. For example with Kangaskhan, it could have had a pre-evo to make more sense cause when you breed it, it comes out as a full grown Kangaskhan with the young one in it's pouch. Also with the whole evolution thing, real animals evolve to suit their environment so maybe Pokemon get new forms and evolutions in different regions to better suit their environment.

Look, i never said i didn't want Proper Evolutions. That's exactly what i wanted. Of course i'd prefer them to Mega Evolutions. But it just doesn't make sense to Evolve Drowzee into Hypno in Kanto, then when that Trainer goes to Kalos, another trainer evolved his Hypno into Some Magician or something, the first trainer would obviously be confused, especially with the fact that those Pokemon should be available SOLELY in their respective regions. Which is why in the Unova Anime, People asked Ash where he got such a "rare pikachu" because they're nowhere to be found in Unova. Which is a reason why it wouldn't make sense. Hypno wouldn't surf all the way to Kalos and evolve. Mega Evolution is a technological advancement, which enhances a pokemons strength, it is a form, not an actual evolution. Hence, "Mega Form" in the Kalos Dex.

It's entirely possible that they can drop Mega Forms alltogether when the gen is done and over with, and write it off as a Kalos exclusive thing. But that doesn't address the fact that the mechanic/idea existed in the first place, and then you'll have those people that want them back, and then next thing you know you have more sloppy retcon in the series.

So no matter what they do, they kind of wrote themselves into a pickle.

Oblivion_Wing said:
UniversalFriction said:

Look, i never said i didn't want Proper Evolutions. That's exactly what i wanted. Of course i'd prefer them to Mega Evolutions. But it just doesn't make sense to Evolve Drowzee into Hypno in Kanto, then when that Trainer goes to Kalos, another trainer evolved his Hypno into Some Magician or something, the first trainer would obviously be confused, especially with the fact that those Pokemon should be available SOLELY in their respective regions. Which is why in the Unova Anime, People asked Ash where he got such a "rare pikachu" because they're nowhere to be found in Unova. Which is a reason why it wouldn't make sense. Hypno wouldn't surf all the way to Kalos and evolve. Mega Evolution is a technological advancement, which enhances a pokemons strength, it is a form, not an actual evolution. Hence, "Mega Form" in the Kalos Dex.
That would be a good point if we didn't have old pokemon with new evolutions in generations two, three, and four. All those pokemon evolved outside of their original regions. New evolutions were induced with previously unknown items to explain why they only happen now. Your point is pretty irrelevant.

Poison Master said:
Oblivion_Wing said:
That would be a good point if we didn't have old pokemon with new evolutions in generations two, three, and four. All those pokemon evolved outside of their original regions. New evolutions were induced with previously unknown items to explain why they only happen now. Your point is pretty irrelevant.

Gen 3 had two new prevos and thats it.

Zenja said:
It's entirely possible that they can drop Mega Forms alltogether when the gen is done and over with, and write it off as a Kalos exclusive thing. But that doesn't address the fact that the mechanic/idea existed in the first place, and then you'll have those people that want them back, and then next thing you know you have more sloppy retcon in the series.

Yeh, I'm interested in seeing where they go from here with the megas. I remember reading somewhere that Gamefreak alluded to the fact that megas may be Kalos specific (even though we've already seen Charizard X in Kanto in the origins special). I'm thinking they'll probably try to see how much people like them before putting them in a new generation. Personally I would love if they were only in for this game and then GF went back to conventional evolution methods for old pokemon. It would make X and Y truly stand out and allow for non third stage pokemon like Mawile to be justified in getting a true evolution in a later generation.

Poison Master said:
Oblivion_Wing said:

Yes, through items and such. What everybody wants is a natural evolution through levelling. That is the issue i'm addressing. Item based, trade based, environment based, and status based evolutions are not included in this. Simply evolutions through traditional levelling is what i'm talking about. Every evolution in another region from an early gen Pokemon is due to these factors. I have never included them in my arguments. Therefore, my point still stands. Or in this case, is not "irrelevant".

Zenja said:

Exactly. This generation seems to be specifically aiming to balance the metagame, so depending on how well this feature plays out on that field will likely determine its continuing existence.

But I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Pokemon is, by nature, a retcon NIGHTMARE. It's apparent in just the movepool variations alone, and as such requires long-time players to have at least some willing suspension of disbelief. Accepting that fact is pretty much the only way you can continue to follow the games without losing your mind.

Oblivion_Wing said:
Poison Master said:

Yes, through items and such. What everybody wants is a natural evolution through levelling. That is the issue i'm addressing. Item based, trade based, environment based, and status based evolutions are not included in this. Simply evolutions through traditional levelling is what i'm talking about. Every evolution in another region from an early gen Pokemon is due to these factors. I have never included them in my arguments. Therefore, my point still stands. Or in this case, is not "irrelevant".
Maybe I missed it, but I've never seen anyone specify that they want level-based evolutions. I just see people saying they wanted evolved forms of old pokemon.

The way I read it, it was just 'regular' evolution versus Mega that people were asking for, not necessarily through leveling.

Poison Master said:
Oblivion_Wing said:
Maybe I missed it, but I've never seen anyone specify that they want level-based evolutions. I just see people saying they wanted evolved forms of old pokemon.

Well, all is fair. Since i myself am included in those people.

Well, it has been a great time finding out all about the new Pokemon for this generation. The greatest revamp Pokemon has ever needed has come to pass. On a side note, ordering for Pokemon League Chespin Season is now available.

benni1994 said:
Zenja said:

on another topic http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1381/16/1381164975172.jpg
return of Deoxys? ^^ josh just posted this and mentioned something about this being from outer space....and it also reminds me of a part in Deoxys`movie

I've once seen a picture of that crystallized thingy what seemed to be Jirachi's comet... I'm probably wrong though but a man can dream... :'(

MetalPharoah said:
Well, it has been a great time finding out all about the new Pokemon for this generation. The greatest revamp Pokemon has ever needed has come to pass. On a side note, ordering for Pokemon League Chespin Season is now available.

*cough* so it says... It still won't let me order.

And yes, I'm amazed that people are just passing by so many of the amazing things here. A lot of what people have been asking for, we got. A Ghost/Grass line (two actually), a T-Rex, greater variety available in the games, more dynamic characters, the list goes on. This is shaping up to be a great gen!

Cresceda said:
benni1994 said:

I've once seen a picture of that crystallized thingy what seemed to be Jirachi's comet... I'm probably wrong though but a man can dream... :'(

Jirachi hasn`t been in an regular Pokemon game since ages.....so it`s about time ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back