Pokemon Pokemon Plotholes Discussion Thread

RE: Pokemon Plotholes!

The Power of Three said:
But yeah, the pokeballs one is a good point. On the TV show, when ash tries to catch his mankey, he catches a Donut (I have absolutely no clue how to spell that word.), but he gets to re-use it.
If you can catch a Groudon with a Master Ball, why in the world can't you catch a human? It's proven that you can simply catch more than Pokemon.

If you could capture a human your basically forcing them into slavery. I don't think the show wants Happiny to be controlled by Brock who's being controlled by Ash. You could catch every pokemon that way.

Veritas said:
If you could capture a human your basically forcing them into slavery. I don't think the show wants Happiny to be controlled by Brock who's being controlled by Ash. You could catch every pokemon that way.
But it's the truth. There is a possibility that it can happen.

I'd like to bring a previous point again. Would Nurse Joy get really angry if you went around hurting pokemon and leaving them there? Also, if you catch a legendary, I would expect someone to be surprised. You can battle Volkner with Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf or Dialga, Palkia or Giraitna but he doesn't act surprised about legendaries at all (nor the E4 for that matter)

I know, its weird how you can bring legendaries into battle. Also in emerald, the pyramid ace has the rigi's, but you can catch them still?

valk said:
I know, its weird how you can bring legendaries into battle. Also in emerald, the pyramid ace has the rigi's, but you can catch them still?

It's actually more than just the regis in Emerald. The other frontier brains have legends too...

Oh, cool. I have only gotten to the pyramid in that game, before I lost it.

I dunno if this has been brought up, but if you run away from Regirock in Emerald, it says "REGIROCK Flew Away!"
A pile of rocks? Flying?

This is too obvious, but when your trying to get around a pesky trainer, they turn to the path you are taking even if they don't "see" yuo yet.

*you*

@MenceMaster: Who would run from Regirock anyways?

valk said:
Oh, cool. I have only gotten to the pyramid in that game, before I lost it.

Well, only the second time, but my point still stands... Noland doesn't have any either, since he uses rentals...

Mence Master said:
I dunno if this has been brought up, but if you run away from Regirock in Emerald, it says "REGIROCK Flew Away!"
A pile of rocks? Flying?

Lol, perhaps GF made a MAJOR type? XD

Mence Master said:
A pile of rocks? Flying?
It does that? That's pretty cool.

What about the biggest one of all (if no one has brought it up):

At the daycare center the daycare man says that "the egg appeared and I don't know why." >_> I guess Game Freak wanted to leave teaching the birds and the bees to the parents.

Juliacoolo said:
This is too obvious, but when your trying to get around a pesky trainer, they turn to the path you are taking even if they don't "see" you yet.
actually you can mostly avoid that by walking past them instead of running

Not only that, but they're discs, not things like instruction manuals. And apparently you slap them on your Pokémon's foreheads FOR AWESOME MOVES. Ahem.

I think you the Trainers don't use TM's or HM's, they just do practice drills on the move.

Why do the gyms in the show always have a stadium, and not a puzzle (except for the Mauville Gym,) and the gyms in the game always has a puzzle, but not a stadium?

DiamondMaster said:
Where do the TM's and HM's go when you want to teach your Pokemon a move?

valk said:
Yeah, tm's and hm's shouldnt be discs

Yeah. They really should not be disc's cause that just shows you that they like shove the disk in the pokemon and they magically learn the move or something. So un-professsional haha! :p

Im sure nintendo can think of something more logical than disks....

Back