Pokemon Pokemon Plotholes Discussion Thread

RE: Pokemon Plotholes!

Please people, this is Pokemon, not a physics class.

The mew thing is interesting, it's the ancestor of all Pokemon, but Arceus created all pokemon.

I have one, if pokemon can understand what humans say, why is meowth the only one who can talk? If they know how to listen, why not speak

Listening requires a brain and attached ears. Speaking in human tongue requires a tongue, a voice box, and LOTS OF LISTENING. Though it should be that Pokemon that have been with humans their whole lives should be able to "speak" some sort of human languages.

No, he's probably the only one who actually made enough effort to bother learning English. Considering all other Pokemon (more or less) can be understood, and vice versa, there's no point fixing what isn't broken.

omahanime said:
E=mc2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E%3Dmc2

I don't know how old you are nor do i really care, but i tend not to look at wikkipida for answers, i go to .gov or .org or .edu . Its my personal preference because i have to do it for paper that I write. Plus any one can go in an manipulate wikkipida.

Veritas said:
Please people, this is Pokemon, not a physics class.

The mew thing is interesting, it's the ancestor of all Pokemon, but Arceus created all pokemon.

I have one, if pokemon can understand what humans say, why is meowth the only one who can talk? If they know how to listen, why not speak

On the Meowth from team rocket, in one of the episodes he tells how he learned to walk and talk. He learned to walk by studying ballet dancers from a hole in there roof. I can't remember how he learned to talk, but I think the same way. He did all this just to impress a female meowth, but just got rejected in the end. : (

I also believe that pokemon are like pets, you talk to your pets and they can understand you, and to some degree you can understand what they "say" though they can not speak human.

Lieutenant Houndoom said:
No, he's probably the only one who actually made enough effort to bother learning English. Considering all other Pokemon (more or less) can be understood, and vice versa, there's no point fixing what isn't broken.

See the pet theory above.

When Meowth was born James stuffed half of his Brain into Meowth's, and that is exacley how it happened :D

Dark Marc said:
When Meowth was born James stuffed half of his Brain into Meowth's, and that is exacley how it happened :D

LOL makes more sense. lol

Veritas said:
Here's one, Mr Mime isn't one exclusive gender. Would the female Mr Mime be called Mrs Mime?

It's called a Japanese name, try checking them. In Japanese, it's known as "Barrierd", the "Mr." part of the English name was a slip up due to the lack of genders in the first generation...

Veritas said:

The way Meowth learned was explained. None of the others really need to try in the anime anyways, everyone seems to understand them! xD

Speaking of which, there's a plothole for you!

burnpsy said:
Veritas said:

The way Meowth learned was explained. None of the others really need to try in the anime anyways, everyone seems to understand them! xD

Speaking of which, there's a plothole for you!

Ash can understand Pikachu better than anyone... There's only one explanation! He's part Pikachu! :O

Why can you see some pokemon as a avatar, but some are invisible, wild pokemon. If you are surfing in RSE, and all of a sudden "a wild wailord apears" you would of had seen it and dodged it.

I don't get why you would always send out a Pokemon even if you would run afterwards. It just makes you waste energy. Of course, the programmers wouldn't know that...

Juliacoolo said:
Why can you see some Pokemon as a avatar, but some are invisible, wild Pokemon. If you are surfing in RSE, and all of a sudden "a wild wailord appears" you would of had seen it and dodged it.

Two words, ninja wailord.

Lieutenant Houndoom said:
I don't get why you would always send out a Pokemon even if you would run afterwards. It just makes you waste energy. Of course, the programmers wouldn't know that...

Its good exercises for you, all those rice cake donuts made you gain a couple of pounds.

I think that when you surf and you encounter a trainer than you battle, right? Then you send out a pokemon, does that mean that your battling on the pokemon that your surfing on?

Dark Marc said:
I think that when you surf and you encounter a trainer than you battle, right? Then you send out a pokemon, does that mean that your battling on the pokemon that your surfing on?
It's even weirder when you send out the pokemon you are supposed to be surfing on.

Drowzee and Hypno could only have Insomnia as their abilities in Generation 3.....yet, they could learn Snore from the move tutor.

Its kind of weird. In real life, fish can't "surf", but people can. Why can water-types "surf" but normal, and human-shaped can't. Has anyone brought up how you can brethe underwater when you use dive?

Back