Pokemon Pokemon Plotholes Discussion Thread

RE: Pokemon Plotholes!

America existed the whole time it was unexplored. It's as old as all the other countries, just discovered more recently. Same thing for Kanto and Sinnoh. They weren't "created" at different times.

Arceus must have gone, "WOW. Being the only frickin' dude out here stinks. I'll just gimme a cute little double to split up and make more fun happy Pokomanz." Then BAM. We have Mew and Espeon. :)

When i wanted to teach giratina fly it wouldnt let me that sucks because he can fly in the movie!!!!

AND if Arceus did create everthing that means all that ancient mew stuff was a total waste of my life!!

Well its just part of the plot as mew was the big pokemon for three generation and then they decided to make a god pokemon which totally confuses the matter. That is why pokemon has a rubbish story. The basis of pokmemon stories are good but they need to elaborate so that the consumer has a clear mind on the universe of pokemon.

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
Why would Arceus not be able to add some DNA of him and the 6 others to Mew?
So you can add DNA to people?

Sorry if I'm going off topic, but how can Mew have the DNA of man-made pokemon and disaster types, like the Porygons, Grimer, Muk, Voltorb, and Electrode? Unless Mew has the DNA of everything, not just Pokemon.

Dark Marc said:
Dude, he created mew. You're a very bad Arceusist :mad:

And I don't know, what do I look like, a prophet?

burnpsy said:
Mew is beleived to be the ancestor of all Pokemon. Enough said.

This Arceus/Mew thing makes good discussion. It's the biggest plothole, so, shh!

Unless arceus ceated every thing in a parallell universe, there for not being really consitered a "normal" pokemon. Or, legendaries don't count as pokemon, when describing "the ancestor" of pokemon. Also, what other DNA was inserted in mewtwo that made him different than mew. Probably Human because he looks like one, and can talk. But then mewtwo would also be the ancestor of pokemon, but there can't be two ancestors.

For this argument you have to have blind faith that Arciues is the one true "god" pokemon. That he then created all others. I happen to have a lot of blind faith.

Paper PokeMaster said:
burnpsy said:
Mew is beleived to be the ancestor of all Pokemon. Enough said.

This Arceus/Mew thing makes good discussion. It's the biggest plothole, so, shh!

You're just sad that I solved it! xD

Juliacoolo said:
Unless arceus ceated every thing in a parallell universe, there for not being really consitered a "normal" pokemon. Or, legendaries don't count as pokemon, when describing "the ancestor" of pokemon. Also, what other DNA was inserted in mewtwo that made him different than mew. Probably Human because he looks like one, and can talk. But then mewtwo would also be the ancestor of pokemon, but there can't be two ancestors.

In the anime, they altered it with their machines. In the manga, it was Blaine's DNA. In the games, well... how are we supposed to tell from random journal entires spread out across a mansion inexplicably filled with wild Pokemon...

Mew is just the creator of the Pokemon. Arceus made everything else. Apart from the things he commanded his underlings to fix up. He still has more power than Mew, and Mew just has lots of genetic codings.

I don't get the problem.

Lieutenant Houndoom said:
Mew is just the creator of the Pokemon. Arceus made everything else. Apart from the things he commanded his underlings to fix up. He still has more power than Mew, and Mew just has lots of genetic codings.

I don't get the problem.
I like it. Good explanation.

Noes! Don't listen to the slanderous lies of houndoom, and the blashphemous Spoon D: I will tell you the REAL TRUTH

Are you ready?

/me drumrolls.

The real truth

/me drumrolls

Behind Pokemon

/me drumrolls

How is was created and stuff

/me drumrolls

is!....

/me drrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooollllllllllllllllllllssssssssss

THat nintendo screwed up. First Mew was meant to be the original one, but then they made Ho-oh forgetting abotu mew, tbu it was two late MWuhahah. Same with Arceus. Then they will make up some lousy explanation like Spoon or houndoom did. THey tell lies. ITs just because they messed up.

You all now know the turth. Use it wisely :)

Actually, the real truth is bacon's time loop theory, btu he won't explain it :(

Mew was never said to be the ultimate being, just the ancestor of pokemon. Houndoom's theory works pefectly. :S

Ho-Oh is just a big bird, I believe.

Well its just part of the plot as mew was the big pokemon for three generation and then they decided to make a god pokemon which totally confuses the matter. That is why pokemon has a rubbish story. The basis of pokmemon stories are good but they need to elaborate so that the consumer has a clear mind on the universe of pokemon. Nitendo just wanted pokemon to be more interesting as here we are babling about the concept of mew and arceus. I believe its like God and adam and eve. Adam and eve are the people who produced all these humans here today. So was mew bad in heaven, listening to the satan. lol. It was probably girintina.

Dark Marc said:
Dude, he created mew. You're a very bad Arceusist :mad:

And I don't know, what do I look like, a prophet?
But if Mew's the ancestor of all pokemon then who is Arceus? Sure he creates Mew but then when it says "The Ancestor of all pokemon" It makes Mew sound like that he is the first ever one!

Maybe Arceus isn't the "original one", maybe those random plates scattered around Sinnoh are mad to mix us up.

You do realise that we're talking in this totally in-game, right? If we take external influences into account the holes would all make sense. All Pokemon look like blastoise when surfing because having >150 Pokemon sprites just for travel is ridiculous. All Pokemon that can fly even if they're really small because they have the capability to fly and it'll be annoying just because you don't have a decent Flier to stop you using Starly or Zubat as your transport guy.

Think of things in-game, people.

Back