Pokemon Pokemon Plotholes Discussion Thread

RE: Pokemon Plotholes!

But houndoom, this is Pokemon plotholes, not pokemon game plotholes.

Excluding the fact that none of these are plotholes because they have nothing to do with the actual plot, the other guy's response about how Nintendo made a mistake is completely irrelavant. For it to be an actual solution the response has to be completely in-game references only.

Saving in the Verity Lakefront Resturant and coming back after 12 AM results in everyone still there despite the resturant supposedly closed

How come there are giant pokemon in the anime but not in the game :(

Here's a plothole! If you are playing pokemon platinum(not saying that I have), and you capture Arceus and then capture Darkrai via the Membership card, WHERE IS THE BOOMING VOICE COMING FROM!!!!!!!??

Dialkia198 said:
Here's a plothole! If you are playing pokemon platinum(not saying that I have), and you capture Arceus and then capture Darkrai via the Membership card, WHERE IS THE BOOMING VOICE COMING FROM!!!!!!!??

The DS, of course. ;)

Lieutenant Houndoom said:
Saving in the Verity Lakefront Resturant and coming back after 12 AM results in everyone still there despite the resturant supposedly closed

Well, maybe the battles are closed, but not the restaraunt.

Or, they got their meal before the store closed, but are amazingly slow eaters.

Here's one. In the movies, you know how the Legendary Pokemon speak with telepath? Why can't the ones in the game do that? They always do their crys, and don't say their name like in the show.

Not likely. Many of them said they're waiting for their meal, and some are halfway through it. And if you save inside, anyone you haven't battled yet is still there to be battled.

I remember a couple of them talking in large caps, but I'm not sure who they were...

How can an electric type Pikachu be surfing and how does it get a surfboard? Quoted from the Surfing Pikachu card-"One summer, a group of Pikachus was found riding the waves at the local beach." Pluse, in the games the Pikachu line cannot learn the move Surf and yet (some) event Pikachus have the move Surf. Sadly, The Pichus that you get from breeding these Surfing Pikachus do not know the move Surf.

Also, Pokemon aren't supposed to die, so why do we have fossils? Fossils are DEAD organisms, not organisms that are HIBERNATING!!! They aren't supposed to be REVIVED from DEATH!!! Their DNA would have already decomposed. Why arent all pokemon speices found in fossils if they are all ancient creatures (considering they still have DNA like the others)??!!

Pokémon dies. See the Pokémon Tower in Lavender for more information.
And all Pokémon species aren't found in fossils for the same reason why all animals aren't found in fossils.

Here's one, in the game, you see two boys wit hgame boys sitting there ever yonce in a while. They say there trading pokemon, but how do they trade if in the game, the pokeballs are actual things? also, how does a berry, suck as a yache berry, make ice weaker?

Evidently you just throw the- oh, right. Where do the games come from anyway?

Maybe anti-type Berries are like vaccines. Works once, then falls off. Or whatever else it might do.

heres one i use blast burn on a caterpie in the forest shouldn't the forest set on fire?

Seriously, or at least die! Caterpie can't stand a chance against Blast Burn, unless they're like max EV'd in Special Defense and have an IV of 31 at Level 100.

EspeonROX said:
Seriously, or at least die! Caterpie can't stand a chance against Blast Burn, unless they're like max EV'd in Special Defense and have an IV of 31 at Level 100.

It has a chance then of not fainting. But wouldn't the Caterpie catch on fire and burn to death?

Raichu/Leafeon said:
That would be gross if it was mouth-mouth, I use a Pelipper.

You hop on there back.

You might as well hop in Pelliper's beak. Free windshield against bugs!

In Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, Team Dim Sun tried to use a Wailord as a cargo ship. WTH???!!

heres an example with what i want to happen when i go in the forest with a fire type attack

blast burn missed!
oh no! the forest set on fire!
you are trapped!
send out distress signal ?

that way you need pokemon ranger to get out

Slowpoke127 said:
heres an example with what I want to happen when I go in the forest with a fire type attack

blast burn missed!
oh no! the forest set on fire!
you are trapped!
send out distress signal ?

that way you need pokemon ranger to get out

One word: LOL!

Back